rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Former Hollywood Saint
Contracts
14 January, 2018 10:17
After having a conversation with a neighbour at the game yesterday, we got thinking about who is definitely up for renewal next year. I know there have been names floating about on here but I hadn't seen an accurate list of people anywhere.

According to some in the know (and Brian Moore) we have 12 people up for renewal this season. We know George North is off, and TC and Ludlam have re-signed - so that makes 9 people left, doesn't it?

People have said Lawes, but again I've read in numerous places he's got a year left, so thats him done. Foden has said on the Rugby Pod podcast that he wants to stay, so he is on the list. With Biggar coming, surely that means that Smyler is going to be leaving. Who else is there? Daisy, Dylan, Luther, Wood I'm thinking?

If anyone knows for sure that would put a lot of our minds at ease, I think. I know someone on here will know!

FHS

Walks11
Re: Contracts
Walks11 (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 10:58
TommyV from the Chronicle on twitter stated that Courts is contracted through to 2019

MESSAGES->author
Stockers (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 11:05
I hope Fodes stays. Heís coming into a rich vein of form now.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 11:13
not just that heís a good bloke to have around and an ambassador for the club

St Saltaire
St Saltaire (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 11:32
I thought that Ben had lost the ĎXí factor after his return from injury but delighted to be proved wrong yesterday. Letís hope we can keep him from Hollyoaks for a couple of seasons*.

MESSAGES->author
SaintMaul (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 11:59
IMHO we have too many flankers and centres so need to be proactively looking to address this even if in an ideal world we'd be keeping players. Are any of these players contracts up? We need to be spending on an 8 and props.

Questions I'd be asking are:
- How expensive is X player and have they been value for money and likely to be VFM in a new contract?
- Are they a dead cert match-day 23 player for next 2 seasons?
- How have they conducted themselves during our drop in form (desire/commitment/fitness)
- Do we have other players who can perform similar roles ie do they have unique attributes that we need to keep in the squad

IMHO we need to use the cap wisely and that means tough choices.

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 12:44
Speaking of flankers, Fissler has us linked to Haskell in the rugby paper

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 12:50
Haskell? Experienced, but really?

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 12:50
Do we need a new flanker - Broussouw is coming ?

SaintsDuncan
SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 12:54
Quote:
Saint Ted

Oh please no

Harpole Saint
Harpole Saint (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 14:15
Please Nooooo, we have plenty we have; Gibson, Harrison, Wood, Ludlam, Lawes, Nutley, Brussow, D Onojaife, Ryan and Patterson, Ribbans have played there. Please no Haskwitt. Where could he add, is better than any of our current starters and at 32 is he worth for a season or two to fill a gap when we could play people who might be more hungry and on a significantly less wage?

herbie85
herbie85 (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 14:25
Quote:
SaintsDuncan
Quote:
Saint Ted

Oh please no

Please, please, please no.

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 14:37
Please please please please NO !!!

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 14:46
33 in April? I donít mind that for locks and props but not really new backrowers...

rugbymel
rugbymel (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 14:51
Saint Ted, your post regarding Haskell has been copied and pasted on Twitter by RugbyInsideLine as a transfer rumour!

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 14:57
Magnus Lund!

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 15:12
I would imagine that Haskell could be a one way matter. He will be making himself available for talks with clubs to try and up brand Haskellís price. Iíd be surprised if we were interested.

Iíd imagine the list of out of contract looks like:

Maafu, Brookes, Hill, Day, Api, Patterson, Wood, Myler, Tuitavake, Foden.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 15:38
If our scrummaging and forwards play in general continues to improve (slowly but apparent yesterday) there will be a temptation to retain most of them

SaintsMan87
SaintsMan87 (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 18:24
Hill has a year left although if the noises are correct wishes he didnít

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 19:57
Quote:
rugbymel
Saint Ted, your post regarding Haskell has been copied and pasted on Twitter by RugbyInsideLine as a transfer rumour!

Quoting from a message board a line which was taken from the last sentence of an article by Fissler

This guy really is in the know!******

Eif Jones
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 23:28
Sorry, but Foden is yesterday's man, runs across the field too much, always relied on exceptional pace which is no longer there. When he ran in the try v Clermont, he was up against a couple of not very pacey forwards.

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 07:50
I think Campo would be worth re-signing, seems to be benefiting from a run of games and did quite well against the best tighthead in the world, he gave a few pens away there but is improving which is important. Hask would be okay in my opinion, if we got him for the right money, we need some grunt in the back row.

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 08:22
I am sure Dyls signed a new contract during the first part of the season.
Could be that Ben is starting to find is old form because he wants a new contract?

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Christoff
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 12:38
The article suggested other clubs too and the link to Saints suggested that we couldn't afford him. Money to be spent in other areas of the scrum please.

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 14:49
This links says about players extending their contracts last February
[www.bbc.co.uk]

acl saint
acl saint (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 17:31
Thought Brookes was off to wasps or Worcester!

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 19:38
Sale mentioned Brookes on their site last week

MESSAGES->author
Pyffy (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 21:11
Quote:
Eif Jones
Sorry, but Foden is yesterday's man, runs across the field too much, always relied on exceptional pace which is no longer there. When he ran in the try v Clermont, he was up against a couple of not very pacey forwards.

I think you may need to go to specsavers Eif as he he skinned Grosso the 11 who couldn't then catch him and out ran Parra for the line.

Should you need reminding take a look here T'offy Highlights at around 1min27secs to help jog your memory.

Foden still has plenty to give to this squad and IMHO is still the best 15 we have.

Proud member of the Saints Season Ticket Holder Happy Clapper Club since 2006.(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

Bob Fossil
. (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 13:25
Quote:
Chris Hoddle
Sale mentioned Brookes on their site last week

Lol. No. Very, very no Chris.

St Marcus
St Marcus (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 21:06
Quote:
Pyffy
Quote:
Eif Jones

I think you may need to go to specsavers Eif as he he skinned Grosso the 11 who couldn't then catch him and out ran Parra for the line.

Should you need reminding take a look here T'offy Highlights at around 1min27secs to help jog your memory.

Foden still has plenty to give to this squad and IMHO is still the best 15 we have.

Yes forwards don't usually wear 9 or 11 do they Eif? What does the truth matter though, so long as Eif has an opportunity to denigrate one of our players.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net