rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

17 stone bull
Ashamed
Bustabloodvessel (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 10:22
At the end of the game the very noisy and fun gang of Clermont supporters stood at the pitch edge to applaud and greet both sets of players one of whom had swapped a badge with Foxybabe.
Iím ashamed to have witnessed a fellow saints fan grab his hat from behind and stuff it into his coat as he walked past And proceeded to walk out having stolen from the bemused French man.
If that said person reads these posts I hope being a thief makes you happy because your a disgrace and should be ashamed.

"I HAVE A BIG ONE".

HungryLikeTheWolf
Re: Ashamed
HungryLikeTheWolf (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 10:26
Why didnít you or anyone grab him and get the hat back?

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 10:26
So sad to read this. And angry. I'd hate to think that fan's lasting memory of his visit is some Herbert poaching his hat. Comes back to respect again. The ASM fans are a credit to their club.

17 stone bull
14 January, 2018 10:31
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf
Why didnít you or anyone grab him and get the hat back?

Unfortunately I have a gammy knee and my shouts to the steward fell on deaf ears,I would recognise the guy again though so may have a word in his ear if I see him at FG.

"I HAVE A BIG ONE".

MESSAGES->author
Le marseillais (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 10:31
Morning Bustabloodvessel ,
the supporter which hat has been stolen is a friend of mine.
We talked about that in the Thomas Beckett after the game.
He told me: if this guy had asked me for the hat, I would give him !
Don't worry about that, your fans have been very nice and friendly with us.
One of them gave me his scarf !
The atmosphere was great in the Gardens.
Thank you very much.

(special dedicace to Tom, Collin and Jean!!!)

ASM Clermont Auvergne supporter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/01/2018 10:33 by Le marseillais.

17 stone bull
14 January, 2018 10:35
Im glad your friend had a good day Le Marseillais ,still ashamed he was stolen from by a so called saints fan.

"I HAVE A BIG ONE".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/01/2018 10:41 by Bustabloodvessel.

St Marcus
St Marcus (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 10:45
That is sad to hear. The travelling Clermont fans were absolutely great, really helped generate an electric atmosphere. Would like to see Clermont go on and win the Champions cup this season.

Le Marseillais - hope you enjoyed your visit and have a safe journey back.

St Saltaire
St Saltaire (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 10:52
Le Marseillais - very sorry to hear that you friend was robbed of his hat. Please Private Message me with his address and I will send him a Saints hat and an old Saints shirt (I don't have any new ones!). Or perhaps I can post them to your Club for collection?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/01/2018 10:54 by St Saltaire.

sainttim
Saint Tim (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 11:00
Appalling behaviour.

Thank you to the Clermont fans who were noisy and enthusiastic supporters. They certainly seemed to be enjoying themselves in the bar afterwards.

I hope you had a good time and bon chance for the rest of the cup campaign.

P.S - Not the only theft - my buddy put his coat down in the bar as it got quite warm and it went missing.

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 11:26
Bloody disgraceful (Hat stealing,) I could not get to the game but watched on TV and thought the Clermont fans were fantastic.

Especially loved that when your players were kicking you made noise as is your tradition, but when our players were kicking you did not, as is our tradition.

It was really funny, the saints fans were shooshing people to be quiet and the Clermont fans put you fingers on your lips, brilliant.

Hope Clermont win the Champions cup and hope to go and see you play in France one day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/01/2018 11:27 by SaintsAsh.

HungryLikeTheWolf
14 January, 2018 11:50
Quote:
SaintsAsh
Bloody disgraceful (Hat stealing,) I could not get to the game but watched on TV and thought the Clermont fans were fantastic.
Especially loved that when your players were kicking you made noise as is your tradition, but when our players were kicking you did not, as is our tradition.

It was really funny, the saints fans were shooshing people to be quiet and the Clermont fans put you fingers on your lips, brilliant.

Hope Clermont win the Champions cup and hope to go and see you play in France one day.

you should, itís a stunning sporting experience ...

Christoff
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 12:16
If the person has been seen to steal a hat then he is a criminal, a thief and the matter could and should be reported and investigated. It's not like he/ she should be difficult to trace. From the TV the Clermont fans were colourful, friendly and always looked to be enjoying themselves. A credit to their club.

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 12:18
Bad business, hope he feels ashamed. I acquired ( stole ) a scarf from Kimbolton School in 1971 when we played over there one wednesday afternoon - still feel guilty about it !

twsaint
twsaint (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 12:19
Great scenes in the bar led by the Clermont supporters. I don't normally go in the Rodber after the game faced with a 120 mile drive home.I had a quick drink last week with a friend and his young son.
This week they suggested a drink if the Saints won.That seemed unlikely plus it was my wife's birthday.
She was very understanding although we had been out for lunch.

Christoff
14 January, 2018 12:27
I remember a few seasons ago when we played Ulster at the Gardens, a Friday evening. They beat us. Had great craic with some of Ian Henderson's mates during the game. Great game, we got soundly beaten and I swapped hats with one of the Ulster lads. I still have that hat, wear it quite often and I remember that evening with fondness. We beat them at Ravenhill the following Saturday evening. If you want a Clermont hat, swap one or contact their shop and buy one.

MESSAGES->author
Saint Robert (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 12:59
Unfortunately not the only bit of bad behaviour by Saints STH. One idiot in Tetleys Block 5 took two flags left by ASM supporters who had left their seats at half time. The flags were subsequently passed to the back of the stand and never reappeared. Same guy who thinks its funny to get up and down numerous times throughout all the home games to fetch beer. I must be getting old and miserable as I cant see the funnyside to either of these instances. On the other hand, the ASM supporters are a credit to their team.

Christoff
14 January, 2018 13:10
That's why it's always better on the terrace Robert.

MESSAGES->author
Saint Robert (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 13:24
My wife is too short to see from the terrace unless she is at the front.

HungryLikeTheWolf
14 January, 2018 14:02
Ask him to stop doing it please? People are usually quite responsive when approached...

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 16:05
if these acts are being seen why aren't people saying anything to the culprits or the stewards, else what will change.

Soranzo
Soranzo (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 17:12
Have you advised the club? Do they have CCTV to which possibly identify said culprit?

stjj
stjj (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 17:44
Mobbs
Agree, not good form. Kimbolton, 1961 or thereabouts. A particularly dirty water polo player was relieved of his hat at the end of an acrimonious match. Next day we had the pleasure of assembling in Nettletons office to be told: own up who has the hat? It was a Spartacus type moment, but in complete silence. We all ended up in Saturday morning detention. Iíve still got the hat. Navy and white.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 17:52
Quote:
stjj
Mobbs
Agree, not good form. Kimbolton, 1961 or thereabouts. A particularly dirty water polo player was relieved of his hat at the end of an acrimonious match. Next day we had the pleasure of assembling in Nettletons office to be told: own up who has the hat? It was a Spartacus type moment, but in complete silence. We all ended up in Saturday morning detention. Iíve still got the hat. Navy and white.

You were lucky not to be "slippered" by the Old Man !

HungryLikeTheWolf
14 January, 2018 17:53
Quote:
St.Sinner
if these acts are being seen why aren't people saying anything to the culprits or the stewards, else what will change.

Exactly Sinner, this needs to be policed by the fans... no point staying silent then complaining on the internet. If someone is being an @#$%& Iím sure most other people around you agree and would back you up.

stjj
stjj (IP Logged)
17 January, 2018 11:01
Tedge
I was a few times for other offences! I actually had a good relationship with MBN, mainly because I was a keen swimmer and then captain for a few years. He used to pull me out of Saturday morning detention and get me to help test the swimming pool water and clean the filters. Better than sitting in that gloomy room. Lived opposite the school, so barely a punishment.

wheely
wheely (IP Logged)
18 January, 2018 00:02
I remember Chris Ashton nicking my mates favourite Saints cap in the Orange Tree after the Cup win against Exeter in our relegation season. He was most miffed.
Nicked it back an hour or so later as Chris was doing the Ash Slash!

He also had a hat nicked at Glaws come to think of it...... got it back in a pub a few hours later and exchanged a few beers with the thief!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net