rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

MESSAGES->author
Another cracker from Scarlets
Stockers (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 19:25
Exciting first half and dogged defensive effort in the second gets thrilling victory.

And a better atmosphere than even Tblisi*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/01/2018 22:15 by Stockers.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Another cracker from Scarlets
OldPete (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 20:47
probably the match of the day

Eif Jones
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 00:55
Saints should take note, you can win games with a strong defence. It seems that the routine of allowing oppos 4 tries and some came back at Saracens.

In attack, there was always going to be a reaction to the Bath game, too casual at times especially after a they score very early try.

MESSAGES->author
Robby Richmond (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 01:47
Have to agree with Eif, the defensive structure of Scarlets is excellent. Toulon are so pedestrian though, even more so than saints are until recently. It's all one up, no lines, no changing the point of attack, made life really easy for Scarlets who were able to stand up to it.

I did doubt Scarlets would get out this group at the start of the season & I'm more than happy to put my hand up & say fair play, the best team (by a long way) has progressed. But my goodness, they really were the best team by a loooooooong way. Play what's in front of you though, it's all you can do.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 03:48
Aggressive in attack and defence. Toulon v poorly coached but again hats off to the Saucepans

Eif Jones
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
24 January, 2018 01:52
Interestingly, there were 3 ex-Saints in the Toulon set up, Kruger, Manoa and Ashton.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net