rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

tboullem
Steve Diamond post-match reaction.....
Houghton Saint (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:15
TRP....'I'm not too despondent and fair play to Northampton for them to rock up with their full strength side or £10 million worth, good luck to them'.

Well I sort of know what he means with the arguments about 'development competition' but I would nonetheless offer him the following list which is in itself not exhaustive..!

Waller,Hartley, Haywood, Hill, Lawes, Craig, Gibson, Eadie, Mallinder, Horne, Burrell, Foden, Groom,
Elliott, Francis with the added fact that North was withdrawn.

As for 'singing in the changing rooms'...we are still in a bad place and all wins are gratefully received.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/01/2018 10:28 by Mobbs.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Steve Diamond post-match reaction.....
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:21
Ma'afu came on in the second half
and we also had two U20 at least playing at the end of the game at 9 and 10

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:23
Have some of that Steve

Oh when the saints go marching in..... singing and dancing here

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:26
I wouldn't take comments very seriously from a man with a long list of previous : he makes Cocker's look like Mother Theresa !

rugbymel
rugbymel (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:28
Congratulations HTLW on reaching 2000 posts!

HungryLikeTheWolf
28 January, 2018 10:37
thank you, Iíve contacted the council to arrange a ticker tape parade down Bridge Street

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:45
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf
thank you, Iíve contacted the council to arrange a ticker tape parade down Bridge Street

From my experience of last trip down Bridge Street ( it was late) can I suggest an armed gaurd !!

HungryLikeTheWolf
28 January, 2018 11:16
Iíve not been out in Northampton for donkeys... and deliberately havenít taken my wife out there having been together for 7 years !

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 12:28
Is there a link to this interview please?

He loves his post match comments doesnít he !

Bob Fossil
. (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 13:06
subscribe to the rugby paper on your tablet or phone St. Sinner...
or buy one from the newsagent, still the best Hamster cage liner money can buy.*

Harpole Saint
Harpole Saint (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 13:08
Are there any highlights about except for the channel 5 at 8pm? Cheers

Longers
Longers (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 13:33
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf
Iíve not been out in Northampton for donkeys... and deliberately havenít taken my wife out there having been together for 7 years !

Lots of donkeys in Northampton!

As for taking the wife out - why chase a bus once you've caught it?......**************

195Rich
195Rich (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 14:12
Just wasted 5 minutes on the Sale website.

Did the addition in my head but as far as I can see 648 appearances in the Sale starting 15 yesterday!

MESSAGES->author
SaintMaul (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 14:51
Sour grapes. Saints r free to pick who they want.

Whilst we do have a history of picking a number of regular 1st teamers in the LV it's up to each team how important it is. For this game I reckon only Ace and Brookes have started 5 or more games for the Saints this season.

There were a fair few big names in there but coming back from injury like Myler or no longer regular starters like Christian Day.

Personally I thought it was a smart selection and not falling into the trap we have been guilty of. Namely over-playing our starting 15.

Players who have played a lot were rested and we won away from home. What's not to like.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/01/2018 14:58 by SaintMaul.

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 18:25
In the wider sense of the word the entire squad needs development.

Dragonboy
Dragonboy (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 18:33
Yes we all know that Steve Diamond is well known for his balanced views. Personally I don't give a flying **** what he thinks.

Bernie's Dad
Bernie's Dad (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 19:05
I think SD thrives on being the Premiershipís Pantomime Baddy these days... but he was a very good Recruiter for us a few years back!

At this stage of the Saints Ďnew beginningsí I can take stories of a few victory songs post-match. The ď£10mĒ budget wasnít for voices though... so Steve may have been equally distraught by the quality as the volume!

Looking forward to Friday... letís hope weíre all singing!

CíMON YOU SAINTS!

Merlin-k
Merlin-k (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 19:55
To be fair, I seem to remember a few years back when we were all very upset by Sarries singing in our locker rooms after defeating us. But Iím pleased to hear that they are positive and enjoying playing again.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 21:41
Perhaps Dimes is jealous that Sale donít have a song.

Seriously Mobbs is right how many missing! As for celebrating a win why the heck not, when you are on a bad trot any win deserves a celebration

TheCobbler
TheCobbler (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 22:49
[www.skysports.com]

that'll cheer him up !

TheCobbler
TheCobbler (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 22:49
[www.skysports.com]

that'll cheer him up !

SaintsDuncan
SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 10:41
I'm not too despondent offended and fair play to Northampton Sale for them to not rock up with their full strength side or £10 million worth strongest available side, if they don't want to take the comeptition seriously then good luck to them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/01/2018 10:42 by SaintsDuncan.

MESSAGES->author
ninjafez (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 11:15
this is all very strange, that Rant is normally for us - Dimes is getting confused with who he was playing?!?! i mean we both start with a 'S'

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 11:20
Crikey, Director of Rugby makes excuse for team losing
That'll be news worthy.
Job protection.

NobbyClarke
NobbyClarke (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 11:40
Quote:
TheCobbler
http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/news/12321/11225391/anglo-welsh-cup-round-up
that'll cheer him up !

Yes a worthy Sale home win by 20-24. Sky need Murdoch to buy them to up the quality of reporting!

Bob Fossil
. (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 15:11
Shall we have a little dose of reality?

1- Sale's squad is small, they don't have the luxury of our disjointed squad & playing 7 internationals with 2 more on the bench (in a competition aimed at giving young players a chance at 1st team rugby)
2- We put out a strong squad & still only sneaked it in the last minutes
3- Whatever you do, don't mention the scrums.
4- Go and look at the clubs financial information. We spend a lot of money on the staff. THE STAFF. Not just the players.
5- 10 million? Probably not. The heat of the moment, he probably knows he won't get in trouble for it. Unlike last time, which was promptly followed by a narrow loss to Tigers away where said Tigers were offside a colossal 17 times, all of which went unpunished. And because Dimes had been given a bollocking by the RFU they couldn't say anything about it in the press/media.
6- When some young lads get released & someone pipes up about not giving them a chance, remember this. Also, no, playing 6 games in the A-league is nothing even remotely resembling a chance.

MarchingIn
MarchingIn (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 16:54
Quote:
ninjafez
this is all very strange, that Rant is normally for us - Dimes is getting confused with who he was playing?!?! i mean we both start with a 'S'

If anybody has a £10m squad, my monies on you over us every time as well!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/01/2018 16:55 by MarchingIn.

St Saltaire
St Saltaire (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 06:03
Fair play to Dimes - he wears his heart on his sleeve. Very few anodyne press interviews from him. Sale put up a creditable performance and somehow a defeat in the last play of a game always seems harder to take.
Having said that, Iím delighted that Saints won.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net