rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

MESSAGES->author
Anglo welsh next week.
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 15:31
IF!
Next Friday is like a 1/4 final against quins. Will certainly be very difficult game with Quins already gained 15 points from their three games.
If the other games go to what I would call form, I would think that the other two qualifiers would be Bath and Newcastle.
If we do win' it is likely to be us and Quins as long as they get a bonus point. (If we don't win then it would be either Sarries or Wus and if that's the case I couldn't really care)

Going on all of that I would make the semi Bath vs Newcastle and Quins vs Saints.

Team selection will be interesting then for Friday Three games away from a Trophy!(Sm128)

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Scrummy
Re: Anglo welsh next week.
Scrummy (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 18:19
We seem to be targeting this competition and from what I gather we need the money, so I would expect a strong team vs Quins on Friday.

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 18:23
Tbh there's nothing else left to target.

WesternWanderer
WesternWanderer (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 19:34
Sure we will need a win to qualify as Worcs should beat Dragons (Worcs on 7 points, Saints on 10 points).

Also James Grayson unavailable as in Eng U20 6 Nations Squad, so hope Myler or Francis are fit...

herbie85
herbie85 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 19:59
Don't u20's occasionally get withdrawn if required at senior club level? I know it used to happen, perhaps the agreement is now blanket availability for the country

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 21:43
Or we get Harry back which should happen barring further England injuries

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 08:01
Quote:
ch saint
Tbh there's nothing else left to target.

6th place in the Prem? It's 10 points away.

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 09:21
Hopefully some of the people who did not turn up for Clermont will be there on friday, it could be a cracking game. Leicester, Glaws and Bath all got five figure crowds at the weekend....we should do the same.

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 10:48
Thinking positively, if we get a try bp and a losing bp and wuss get 5 points from the match, leaving us tied on points, what tiebreaker comes into play?

SaintsDuncan
SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 11:21
Quote:
fair_weather_fan
Thinking positively, if we get a try bp and a losing bp and wuss get 5 points from the match, leaving us tied on points, what tiebreaker comes into play?

Matches won, then tries for, then points difference

MESSAGES->author
ninjafez (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 11:22
Good luck with the quins, they were our first game and they came back from 16-5 down to win it with 1 point at 29-30 at allianz park.

and you beat sale where we coulndt so, again kudos for that.

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 12:51
Quote:
SaintsDuncan
Quote:
fair_weather_fan

On that basis we need 3+ points from the game to be sure, because Worcester would have won the same number of matches and have currently scored 1 more try than us. We're 24 ahead in points difference, but if we're expecting an LBP and for them to win they'd need need to win by a clear 18 points to overtake us there.

Just win and we're happy. Win big and we may even get a home semi!

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 14:14
Does this,
also sort out the 4 winning teams to establish seedings?

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 15:08
Found, this from the official website, which doesn't mention anything about pool winners being on the same points
The pool winners will qualify for the knock-out stage. The pool winners will be ranked 1 4 by reference to the number of Match Points earned in the pools.
If two or more Clubs in the same pool end the pool stage equal on Match Points, then the order in which they have finished will be determined by:i. the greater number of matches won by the Club and
ii. if the number of matches won is equal, the Club with the greater total number of tries scored and
iii. if the total number of tries scored is equal, the Club with the greater points difference (points scored for, less points scored against) and
iv. if the points difference is equal, the Club with the fewer number of red cards and
v. if the number of red cards is the same, the Tournament Organisers shall toss a coin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net