rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Fat Prop
Bedford vs Bristol on the box
Fat Prop (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 15:38
Good game !! Lots of open running rugby but some good hits too - very entertaining...

Nice to watch so many ex-saints as well, ( tongahui, Dickson , Rae, Hooley, packman, onajaife etc) all of whom seem to be enjoying their rugby - unlike many of our current crop !

Current plan to abandon Saints ST next year (after 26 years) and start going to a more old fashioned, proper club like Bedford is looking like a decent call to me !

SAINT_aitch
Re: Bedford vs Bristol on the box
SAINT_aitch (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 15:47
Yeah enjoying seeing Bedford do so well. Dickson is having a massive influence for them. As you say, some good running rugby.

Saint Jericho
Saint Jericho (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 16:32
Onajaife is just on loan at Bedford isn't he? I've always rated him. Hopefully he gets his chance at Saints next season.

Fat Prop
Fat Prop (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 16:36
Yes, I think hes on a dual contract.
Hes had a good game today!

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 17:10
I enjoyed watching them, have always liked Hynsey.
I can see them attracting quite a few Saints supporters. Our prices are toppy and for those who want a club atmosphere it must be tempting.

Dragonboy
Dragonboy (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 17:30
And what's more he seems to have done a pretty fine job with the pack!

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 18:20
When he was coaching our forwards back in the day I recall articles tipping him for a great career in coaching.
The wheels came off at the club and he went on to an alternative career, but kept his coaching going at Bedford. I like Martin so I'm biased he's a great bloke and seems to have done a good job with little resources. Good luck to Beds.

Dragonboy
Dragonboy (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 18:29
Interesting to know if Mike Rayer is one of the 60 applicants.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 19:52
I see Jordan Onojaife was said to have had a good game. Does anyone know the deal with him at Saints? Does he have a future?

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 11:16
i must admit I didn't watch all the game due to being the 'Taxi' for the day,
On the bits I did see Bedford had a lot of possession, Dicko was fairly swift to the breakdown, simple pop pass to attacker who charged at the Bristol defence. was stopped quite easily and hardly made ground. Repeat. Repeat.Repeat. Did I miss something ?

twsaint
twsaint (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 11:59
Funny how the people of Bedford don't seem to share the enthusiasm for the "old-fashioned" club.Average gate well under 2,000.

Parking very difficult,very difficult to get a seat , terrible view if no seat, get a beer but driving so can't drink, mediocre rugby.

Over the years we haven't sung " are you Bedford in disguise" for no reason.

Bristol were shocking yesterday, Bedford were gutsy but they offered nothing in attack.

The grass isn't always greener.

MarchingIn
MarchingIn (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 17:57
Quote:
twsaint
Funny how the people of Bedford don't seem to share the enthusiasm for the "old-fashioned" club.Average gate well under 2,000.
Parking very difficult,very difficult to get a seat , terrible view if no seat, get a beer but driving so can't drink, mediocre rugby.

And for those of us who don't mind standing, can walk from a car park, and are happy to have 1 pint, it's a nice afternoon out for 16 quid.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net