rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

LeicesterSaint
Should we be worried?
LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 13:37
I think someone had posted on the Saints and Sinners FB page this article from the Dai*y Ma*l but I've only just got around to reading it;

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Given that he's pretty much top of everyone's 'must keep' list should we be worried by;

ĎIím not opposed to settling down in Northampton but will I play here all my career? I donít think so. I canít do 15 to 18 years at one club because Iíd like to get out there and explore. Iíve got another year on my contract here so Iíve not given it much thought, really.'

Or is this a little bit of a 'sort yourselves out and make the right offer Saints'?

Former Hollywood Saint
Re: Should we be worried?
29 January, 2018 13:54
Confirmed he's got one more year on his contract. Once we've signed our new World beating Coach we can hopefully persuade him to stay for a bit longer too.

FHS

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 13:55
If I was him I would do 1 more year here before the world cup

Then go to France and make mega money for 3 years. Forego England if they still have that policy.

Then come back for his last few years of his career in line with qualifying for the 2023 world cup.

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 14:52
He gave a similar answer when asked the question on the Saints Show last year, as I recall.

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

shiversaint
shiversaint (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 16:05
On a club level, of course we'd love him to stay. In this day and age though, someone in his position should be able to see the world with no hard feelings - the lad has certainly worked for it, and there's no doubt Saints have profited from his contribution on a massive scale.

If Saints were smart, they'd be talking to him about a 2-3 year sabbatical post World Cup, so everything is on good terms. Then if he wants to be back in England for the next world cup, we should be the first place he thinks about coming to.

LaurieK
LaurieK (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 16:12
If Courtney decides to try somewhere different he'll deserve it and should go with our full support and thanks. He owes us nothing.

protestbeat
protestbeat (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 22:17
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf
If I was him I would do 1 more year here before the world cup

Then go to France and make mega money for 3 years. Forego England if they still have that policy.

Then come back for his last few years of his career in line with qualifying for the 2023 world cup.

Completely agree with this and I actually kind of hope it happens and the club offer him a year extra if that is what he wants. He seems very focused at the moment on both club and country and being the best player he can be.

A nice pension top-up contract after that, out in France, a la Tiny and Mooj would then be the least he deserves and he may even repay the club with his final few years or in some other guise once retired!?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net