rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

SaintsMan87
Courtney lawes
SaintsMan87 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 19:20
Could next year be his last? Piece in the daily fail quoting his as saying he wonít be at FG for all his career

Saintalex
Re: Courtney lawes
Saintalex (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 19:31
It could be this year then, his contract is up at the end Of the season

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/01/2018 19:32 by Saintalex.

SaintsMan87
SaintsMan87 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 19:38
End of 18/19

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 19:41
Be a shame to see him go but with his family to support I think a spell in France on top money is what he deserves. Heís been great for us. Hopefully he would return to us to finish his career and bring his experience to help develop the next Ďlawesí through our academy. He will be missed massively if/when he does go though sad smiley.

SaintsDuncan
SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 19:46
What no KUATB?

rugbymel
rugbymel (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 19:54
I canít see him going to France for a few years yet. Heís at the top of his England career.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 20:01
I would be surprised if he played for another English club in his prime. I reckon he has another 4 years in his prime if he can keep injury free so if he left after the next World Cup heíd be giving up a good few England caps.

Even if he does leave after next season heís had a fantastic run with us, given a lot for the Saints cause, won some trophies, developed well and is adored by the fans so I donít think there would be any issues from anyone.

I would imagine that the club is monitoring the situation closely however.

SaintsMan87
SaintsMan87 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 20:33
Quote:
rugbymel
I canít see him going to France for a few years yet. Heís at the top of his England career.

I thought this but after World Cup is when his contract expires and then realistically heís not going to make the next one so why stick around for 4 years when he could earn his well deserved pension

nottsaint
nottsaint (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 21:02
He has consistently been a standout player in our squad who is getting better rather than falling away.
Right now saints has to be a pretty tough sell to persuade him to stay, the atmosphere at the club has to be bad, with low morale and poor results, even if itís improving with prospects for the future, clubs with deeper pockets must surely be sniffing after him!?
If I was him, I would want to be in the next World Cup, and it doesnít make a lot of sense to move before then, risk being unsettled etc...
Iíd be thinking tough it out for now, work towards peaking at the WC, if things have improved massively at Saints then stay, if not use the wc as my shop window and move on.

Sad but right now (as I said about Luis picamole) why would you want to stay at saints?
He is a local so thereís that, and the picture is better than it was then, but itís all hopeful rather than concrete.

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:03
My opinion on Courts for what its worth is that he could be another Simon Shaw - he is such an athlete and touch wood hasnt had the kind of injuries that shorten a career. So he ould well be around in 2023 and theres a lions tour before then...

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:27
Simple for me, throw the chequebook at him. He is the one player in our squad who must not be allowed to leave

St tub
St tub (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:51
I would want a medical opinion - the guy trashed his shoulders and legs at the start of his career - thankfully adjusting his playing style to still offer a great deal since but as we've learnt offering long contracts to players with niggles hasn't paid off (pretty much ever)

riverlodge
riverlodge (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 07:48
another nice article. sandwiches.

Hungry Lawes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net