1 M Vunipola
2 Hartley
3 Cole
4 Launchbury
5 Itoje
6 Lawes
7 Robshaw
8 Simmons

16 George 17 Hepburn 18 Williams 19 Kruis 20 Underhill 21 Care 22 Joseph 23 Nowell

MESSAGES->author
Re: England Team's Up
Neil-H (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 09:32
Teo at 13 is a surprise to me, especially considering how little he has played since Lions

wouldn't mind seeing what would happen if you sub Ford and move Farrell and Teo across on and bring Joseph at 13, thought Teo had a very good Lions tour

Hakuna Tuala
Hakuna Tuala (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 09:37
I think Teo is in there to compensate for the lack of big ball carriers, it will take some pressure off Simmonds deputising for Vunipola/Hughes.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 10:16
Italy is a walkover (although they’ll be game)... may as well give Teo some game time otherwise he won’t get a starting chance against the other 4.

Eif Jones
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 10:17
Re Te'o, read Gatland's Lions tour book. Apparently, in that first test he had the ball 8 times and passed it 0 times, hence it was easy not selecting him for the subsequent tests. I well remember him ignoring an outside overlap by cutting back inside to be tackled and chance gone. International centres should not do that, hence Neil-H he didn't have such a good Lions tour.

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 10:24
I thought Gatland liked his centres not passing.

Nath-coys
Nath-coys (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 10:28
Quote:
Eif Jones
Re Te'o, read Gatland's Lions tour book. Apparently, in that first test he had the ball 8 times and passed it 0 times, hence it was easy not selecting him for the subsequent tests. I well remember him ignoring an outside overlap by cutting back inside to be tackled and chance gone. International centres should not do that, hence Neil-H he didn't have such a good Lions tour.

Horses for courses Eif.

England have lost their main ball carrier and go forward player.
Subsequently you have seen the backs be pretty scratchy without Billy in the team at times.
With a midfield of Ford, Farrell, Joseph we have 3 very good ball players, but not any real natural bulk to get over the gainline.

I think you will see Te'o popping up in the 12 Chanel hitting the ball up. And also being used as a dummy runner, with the ball out the back too Farrell being used a lot.
I also expect them to have worked on Te'o running hard and flat off Farrell as this is how Farrell likes too distribute.

And when he has created some yardage over the gainline the double playmaker combination of ford/Farell should exploit space and gaps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2018 10:28 by Nath-coys.

HungryLikeTheWolf
02 February, 2018 10:37
Jamie Roberts passed the ball 3 times in 94 tests

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 10:43
Flip, I thought it was 4.

Saint Jericho
Saint Jericho (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 10:50
Quote:
BrianB
Flip, I thought it was 4.

Nah one of those was a forward pass so it didn't count.

MESSAGES->author
Neil-H (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 10:56
Sorry Eif, I thought he had a good Lions tour, in the warm up games he carried well, off loaded and solid in defence.

In the test he shackled SBW very well and as did SBW on him, they nullified themselves.

After Lions tour was shame he was injured for Autumn internationals, as would been interesting to see what Jones did with him?

similar with Watson at full back to, as thought he had a strong Lions tours... but guess Id better read gatlands book to find out if I am right or not??? (Sm100)

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 10:59
I've always thought BT would be EJ's starting 13 - hasn't he said so on a few occasions?

John Rickerd
John Rickerd (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 11:43
But was it off the left hand ?

MESSAGES->author
SaintMaul (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 15:18
Joseph hasn't been on form for over a year so I can see the sense in trying Te'o with Daly injured.

HungryLikeTheWolf
02 February, 2018 15:52
Quote:
SaintMaul
Joseph hasn't been on form for over a year so I can see the sense in trying Te'o with Daly injured.

agree, not been as electric... tired I guess

MESSAGES->author
Flook (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 16:02
Citizen Smith, your average is down to just over 6 a day. Are you sharing your affections? (Sm102)

HungryLikeTheWolf
02 February, 2018 16:44
Quote:
Flook
Citizen Smith, your average is down to just over 6 a day. Are you sharing your affections? (Sm102)

I’m a one board kinda guy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net