rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

andysaint
Jamie Gibson
andysaint (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:10
Take a bow, still 13 minutes to go but what a cracking performance. There have been a few good ones but I hope Jamie is man of the match

Deesaint
Re: Jamie Gibson
Deesaint (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:24
A Herculean effort in open play but as a 7 - we sadly missed him at the breakdown
He reminds me of Tom Croft
Flanker / winger
He is a great 6 but that position is heavily loaded

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2018 21:26 by Deesaint.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:36
Very good and been all season. Great engine and is always there or thereabouts. Bit like a Dowson

MarchingIn
MarchingIn (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 22:00
Excellent performance - huge work rate

MESSAGES->author
Neil-H (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 22:26
Quote:
Deesaint
A Herculean effort in open play but as a 7 - we sadly missed him at the breakdown
He reminds me of Tom Croft
Flanker / winger
He is a great 6 but that position is heavily loaded

So who would you have at 6 instead???

As Jones does with Itoje and Lawes, one is a lock, one is 6....surely you do same with Lawes n Gibson? Courts lock, Gibson is 6? Get them both in the team, Especially as we have Brussow? Sorry but Tom down the order now

N I have never seen Gibson hanging on the wing, bit harsh comparing him with Croft, who was a great p
Ayer in hi. Own right smiling smiley

St Saltaire
St Saltaire (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 22:48
A great performance and a pity he didnít get the try after his sprint down the wing. He must have been very close to MoM but Mikey too was very good.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 06:24
On the tv they were less than subtly pointing out heís our best or most inform hooker. He had a great game but pundits are enjoying laying into Dylan at present.

charlieemeriau
charlieemeriau (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 07:51
I agree the pundits love a bit of Dylan basing, there is absolutely no need for it, they will be singing his praises if England has a good six Nations.
On the subject of Gibson, I thought he should have been our MoM absolutely superb, imo this season with Lawes, our best performers.
This is why I never rated cockers as DOR, if I was a Leicester fan and I saw another one of our ex players doing so well I would be very annoyed. I don't know if this was mentioned in this forum, but I heard that cockers had been quite harsh criticizing him in front of his team mate and he decided he did not want to play for him again.

Gibson turn over stat made him the 2nd highest in the premiership, so I believe that he would be my 2nd name on the team sheet every week after Courtney.

Our own version of Don Armand, the fact that he has left Leicester to join us is just a bonus.

Great performance by Api last night too, happy Saints this morning

Casual Saint
Casual Saint (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 09:12
He was my Man of the Match. Huge work rate in attack and defense.

Once a scrum half .... always a scrum half

SaintsEdward
SaintsEdward (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 09:49
He's been outstanding all season; last night was no exception. Player of the season thus far.

Saintsteward
Saintsteward (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 10:11
Jamie has been outstanding all season. Huge work rate and commitment even in those darkest games. If heís not our player of the season, Iíll eat me woolly hat!

banburyst
banburyst (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 10:39
I called him as MOM as well but can see why Mikey got it, to be fair I think 1 to 23 played well, also think Tuitivake (?) made a good impression in both attack and defence while Francis had his best game at 10 for us.

Noticeable lack of handling errors and ability to break the gain line (particularly enjoyed seeing players helping push the ball carrier through, I've not seen that from saints before, new tactic to compensate for lack of bulk maybe?)

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 12:25
Agree about Francis too, best game so far & good kicking. We got a glimpse what Francis playing on the front foot looks like!

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 21:33
I think Francis was able to show what he can do because our pack had the upper hand over a less experienced opposing pack.

Assuming we have a beefed up pack next year, our backs could well be exciting.

It was nice to see Francis playing with his head up and spitting opportunity for cross kicks.

I wonder if the SH style coaching is benefiting a player that has spent the majority if his playing career in the SH.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net