rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

MESSAGES->author
Kieran Brookes
Stockers (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:38
I thought he looked committed, interested, useful in the loose and certainly on top in the scrum. Nice one!

Happywifehappylife
Re: Kieran Brookes
Happywifehappylife (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 21:41
Excellent - thanks for that Stockers. If we can invigorate him, he could still be an asset

tboullem
Houghton Saint (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 22:26
From what I heard on reflink, KB seemed to be getting a lot of verbal encouragement from his team mates.

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 23:09
Much better performance from Brookes. Back on his feet fast, involved in everything. Good to see!

Saint Mulc
Saint Mulc (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 03:03
I agree with all of the above regarding tonight but why has his performances been so disappointing this season? IMHO he has the potential and physical attributes to be one of the best tight head props in the premiership. He needs to be able to self motivate and set himself the necessary targets to achieve this. For example:- maintain fitness levels pre season and during the season. This obviously includes diet and life style. A reminder of a few basics wouldn't go amiss such as: give 100% every game. If the referee keeps penalising you at scrums make an adjustment.
I really believe he could be a world class tight head but I don't believe he has the self motivation/discipline to achieve it.
I would love to be proved wrong especially if he is still in Saints colours.

Saint Jericho
Saint Jericho (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 08:23
Credit where credits due...well played Brookes. Much more like it.

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 08:51
He has a solid game indeed. I thought Van Wyk had a good game as well, seems to be improving with each outing. JF-R was full of work when he came on as well.

It was good to see so many players out there with a smile on their faces.

JohnI
JohnI (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 09:33
My impression of everyone last night was that they were much quicker in everything they did and a lot more hungry to get back into the game after rucks and tackles. The defence was much better and although you can only play against what is in front of you a determined youth is sometimes a difficult to bring down or stop as a seasoned professional.
Agree tha Brookes has not shown his best this season but he must have enjoyed that one last night.

MESSAGES->author
Stockers (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 10:12
First thing the Gaffer said on day one was that everyone had to work a lot harder and get back into the game quicker. That was apparent last night, none more so than with Brookes.

Innings
Innings (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 12:49
Perhaps he's twigged that his new boss has worked out that he was coasting, taking the money and not trying. To go on getting the money he had to do something to earn it. The Gaffer seems to be reviving several players' interest in quick time. The thought of a P45 in a very competitive work-place can be a powerful incentive.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Ow3n
Ow3n (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 09:19
TRP noting that he has turned down a possible switch to Wasps - suspect this has had an impact upon the up-turn in attitude.

He's a hugely talented player - if we can just get the best out of him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net