rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Innings
A captain's game
Innings (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 18:25
A really good all round performance. He led well. played his best game for at least a year. A real recovery from his awful early season form, coming back to his best as the RWC window begins to open.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Deesaint
Re: A captain's game
Deesaint (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 19:18
Got his head down and did the basics well
Some nice touches with teammates when things went wrong
I get the feeling there is a lot of respect towards Dylan from those involved in England setup

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 19:30
Very good first half. A tight game against someone else and he would have stayed on longer I think. Interestingly i dont think we fared any better with the worlds best hooker coming on

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 19:37
Good game from Dylan and kept the intensity of the team up when he was on. He adds something when on the pitch that the stats do not pick up. Got a decent right up from the commentators who were quite fair as youd expect from the decent BT Sport team. It would perhaps be nice if they kept the England matches with ITV.

Saint Jericho
Saint Jericho (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 19:56
Quote:
Walks11
Very good first half. A tight game against someone else and he would have stayed on longer I think. Interestingly i dont think we fared any better with the worlds best hooker coming on

+1

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 20:09
Agreed , good game from Dylan!

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 20:18
100% lineout with Dyls throwing, the best hooker in the world took that stat down a notch.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 20:23
Pretty much always performs for England.

Barnetsarrie12
Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 20:46
He was fantastic today. The England set piece was very strong today and he was also very good in the loose. I have not always been his biggest fan but, I thought he played well in the autumn and he played very well today.

saracens4life
saracens4life (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 23:18
Quote:
Walks 11
Interestingly i dont think we fared any better with the worlds best hooker coming on

sorry, I know I shouldn't, but before this becomes canonical on here... the whole point of that interview was Jamie saying he wasn't the best and that the onus was on him to improve his game if he wants the #2 shirt... i.e. the opposite of how you've read it

agree with the OP that Dylan was excellent (though I don't really think he had a point to prove; shirt is rightly his in my view)

MESSAGES->author
Robby Richmond (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 01:24
Cian Healey V2.0 Ben, we're not buying it. Article or not, an awful lot of former players including yer da Hamiltoooon (who really needs to stop jibbering on about penis sizes) & realise they're way off.

Eif Jones
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 01:29
This thread sounds like Sir Clive's efforts at analysing the game, for him everything was fantastic, great etc etc. It was an efficient performance by England against an Italian side who kept them honest for much of the game but fell away dramatically after their disallowed try. I expect something a bit better before constantly using the word 'fantastic, ditto with Hartley.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 05:55
Quote:
saracens4life
Quote:
Walks 11
Interestingly i dont think we fared any better with the worlds best hooker coming on

sorry, I know I shouldn't, but before this becomes canonical on here... the whole point of that interview was Jamie saying he wasn't the best and that the onus was on him to improve his game if he wants the #2 shirt... i.e. the opposite of how you've read it

agree with the OP that Dylan was excellent (though I don't really think he had a point to prove; shirt is rightly his in my view)

It was tongue in cheek based on a previous thread, I read it correctly. For me Dane Coles and his understudy whose name I cant remember are head and shoulders above anyone else right now. Admittedly playing for the ABs with superstars around you allows a different type of freedom to express other areas of your game.

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 08:30
Quote:
Eif Jones
This thread sounds like Sir Clive's efforts at analysing the game, for him everything was fantastic, great etc etc. It was an efficient performance by England against an Italian side who kept them honest for much of the game but fell away dramatically after their disallowed try. I expect something a bit better before constantly using the word 'fantastic, ditto with Hartley.

It was the same watching the Wales game, Scotland kept giving the ball to Wales. It is easy to play a team that keep giving you the ball back. Credit to Wales, who like England played well with what was in front of them. And yes both sets of pundits for the respective teams called their respective teams fantastic.

Hakuna Tuala
Hakuna Tuala (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 13:42
A Great 55 mins from Dylan, Keep those wonky darts of Barnet glued to the bench Eddie!

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 14:54
On a vaguely related topic did anyone think our kicking strategy a bit strange? Eventually I decided we were practising our kick chase as the game situations didn't require kicks. For when we are forced to kick vs France and Ireland

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net