MESSAGES->author
Foden's still not sure where his future lies
lilyg (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 20:07

tboullem
Re: Foden's still not sure where his future lies
Mobbs (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 20:24
Keep playing the way you have been recently and an extension should be on the table !

sainttim
Saint Tim (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 20:28
These things do take time.

MESSAGES->author
higgy365 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 21:53
Quote:
Saint Tim
These things do take time.

Wheels should be turning pretty damn quickly at this stage though. If we are retaining players like Foden they need to know, if we are releasing them they need to know and we need to be out recruiting.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 22:21
I think heís playing well enough for another year. Depends who new is coming in I guess is going to determine if he stays. If we sign a couple of back 3ís heís potentially surplus to requirements. Shame though

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 22:25
Heís playing well now, but to be honest was he playing well enough before? There will be some senior players who may suffer for poor previous performances and it maybe too late for a few at Saints. Whether or not Foden is one of those I donít known but Iíd be surprised if Jim is the only one that pays the price. Patience, contracts need to be earned.

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 07:54
I would have thought that the guy to rubber stamp any extension is Chris Boyd. He may well be talking to possible additions for next year. I am sure Ben and his agent are pushing for a long term lucrative deal. Ben has been great but is he the future ? If we are going to be a competitive top 4 club there will be little place for sentiment. we probably need strengthening in a good few positions.

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 08:20
We will have Ace, Ken P, Tom Collins, Jamie Elliot, Paublo and Harry M at least to cover these positions.
Will the team need a similar player or look to the academy?

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 09:08
Quote:
Chris Hoddle
We will have Ace, Ken P, Tom Collins, Jamie Elliot, Paublo and Harry M at least to cover these positions.
Will the team need a similar player or look to the academy?

We do have those players but how many pose a serious threat to the opposition how many can come off their wing and punch a hole in defensive line how many can bulldoze through last ditch tackles how many are capable of impressing in Europe and so on

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 09:12
Realise all of that Deeside, but equally I wonder if Ben can do that too many times, especially when another year or two older?

Would it not be better to look for someone younger that can/could have the ability to punch those holes?

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 09:20
we dont have anyone Chris that's why we were in the market for Bassett and now Heem allegedly. on that list you provided other than Harry they are all pretty similar in style and size

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 09:33
Quote:
Chris Hoddle
Realise all of that Deeside, but equally I wonder if Ben can do that too many times, especially when another year or two older?
Would it not be better to look for someone younger that can/could have the ability to punch those holes?

Agreed

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 11:26
The team has not been good enough and needs evolving. That means getting in better players and some players will leave as a consequence. Itís happened to favourite loyal players in the past (Bruce) and will happen again in the future.

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 13:12
Fodes is now at the stage of being a useful squad player but maybe not top class any more. Hard to be sure until you are playing behind a more effective pack

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 00:19
I agree andysaint. Fodes has been a great servant but not the same player for a couple of years (partly due to injury). If we are to challenge again, we need to recruit well and integrate a few youngsters (Ludlam for example). The likes of Fodes, Wood, Burrell, Myler will not lead us back to glory and take uo a fair chunk of cap.
It's a ruthless business with little time for sentiment.

Whiston Saint
Whiston Saint (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 10:03
Thanks for your efforts Ben but it is time to move on. The same applies to Wood and Myler, great servants but time to go.

Some players are good role models but Foden and Burrell are not and we would be well off without them. We need professional players who keep their focus and donít allow their ego and other off field antics to interfere with their game.

Wood and Myler have been good role models and thinking back to the likes of Bateman you can identify those who got their priorities right and set an example.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 12:02
Quote:
Whiston Saint
Thanks for your efforts Ben but it is time to move on. The same applies to Wood and Myler, great servants but time to go.
Some players are good role models but Foden and Burrell are not and we would be well off without them. We need professional players who keep their focus and donít allow their ego and other off field antics to interfere with their game.

Wood and Myler have been good role models and thinking back to the likes of Bateman you can identify those who got their priorities right and set an example.

Please explain why these are not good role models? Because 1 has married a singer and the other had a short dalliance with a minor celebrity?? Or am I missing something

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 12:05
Quote:
Whiston Saint

A bit of a silly thing to say with no evidence.

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 12:12
Funny that Foden has been stand-in captain on a number of occasions and is also wheeled-out for the press a lot.

Whiston Saint
Whiston Saint (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 18:33
I canít explain but time will tell on this. Nothing to do with WAGS.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net