rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

MESSAGES->author
England name team
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 10:36
Dylan becomes the 3rd most England capped player (and with 60 weeks out!)
England team to play Scotland

15 Mike Brown (Harlequins 66 caps), 14 Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby 30 caps), 13 Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby 37 caps), 12 Owen Farrell (Saracens 55 caps), 11 Jonny May (Leicester Tigers 31 caps), 10 George Ford (Leicester Tigers 42 caps), 9 Danny Care (Harlequins 78 caps), 1 Mako Vunipola (Saracens 46 caps), 2 Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints 91 caps), 3 Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers 79 caps), 4 Joe Launchbury (Wasps 49 caps), 5 Maro Itoje (Saracens 16 caps), 6 Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints 63 caps), 7 Chris Robshaw (Harlequins 61 caps), 8 Nathan Hughes (Wasps 12 caps).

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

LeicesterSaint
Re: England name team
LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 11:19
I'd really love to see Dylan hit the century and no reason why he shouldn't (unless I've just jinxed him!).

Not sure anyone will ever better Jason Leonard's though - another 25 caps for Dylan! Courts is getting up there too - another twelve and he knocks Matt Dawson out of the top 10.

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 11:24
Maybe Dylan will become number one if he is selected thro the 2019 world cup, with AI and 6 nations as well there could be just enough games?

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 11:31
He’ll go outright 2nd Chris currently level with Jonny Wilkinson on 91. Only Jason Leonard on 114 above him.

2 games to go in 6N, 3 test summer tour. If he’s involved in all them then autumn internationals should see him to 100

ajack
ajack (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 11:36
Doesn't seem that long ago people were moaning he was being taken away and not picked. People do seem to rack up a lot of caps fairly quickly these days.

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 11:51
brave call putting hughes at 8. there must be another 8 who is EQ who hasnt spent the last few months injured and had no game time! Bench, maybe, but starting??

one early knock and you lose your 8 and then its shuffling the back-row around against a not-to-shabby scottish back row.

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 12:03
A lot of Ball carriers for Scotland to contend with. Then once it goes wide a very quick and creative back line. It may not happen at Murryfield it may not happen during this 6 nations but I think when England really click they will punish some sides.

What Saints wouldn't give for a pack of that stature

Casual Saint
Casual Saint (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 12:35
That is a pretty experienced team - an average of 50 caps per player according to my O level maths. Is this the squad to go through to the World Cup or will it have peaked by then ?

Once a scrum half .... always a scrum half

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 12:45
i'm not sure thats the squad to go all the way to the world cup.

I don't think the like of Robshaw, Care and possibly Cole will be there. But, there are a number of other players who are very close to taking over the spots.

Perhaps, we might even see some of our age groups internationals featuring by then.

LeicesterSaint
LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 13:31
I see the risk less as starting Hughes and more not having any 8 cover on the bench - even if he weren't just back from injury anyone can take a knock in the first few minutes. I can only imagine someone (Itoje at a guess?) has had some practice there to move back if needed?

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 14:49
Robshaw went to 8 when Simmonds went off last game

MESSAGES->author
Stockers (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 16:53
Quote:
Chris Hoddle
Dylan becomes the 3rd most England capped player (and with 60 weeks out!)
England team to play Scotland

Second most capped England player I think you'll find Chris.

RFU News

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 18:08
AS long as the team keeps winning, and Jamie G keeps on overthrowing his target as though he had been watching Tom Youngs, Dylan could go all the way past the legend that is Jason Leonard.

The starting XV has about 750 caps so we will be over the 800 mark and probably over 1000 come the world cup.

If we keep Scotland on the back foot with fast defence they will really struggle. Finn Russell is dangerous but I wouldnt be surprised to see him intercepted

Saintly Pursuit
Saintly Pursuit (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 19:04
Chris is correct; 3rd most capped England Rugby Union player.

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 19:41
At a guess, 2nd most capped male player?

Saintly Pursuit
Saintly Pursuit (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 19:49
Correct, Rochelle Clarke has most

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net