tedge
Still Pressure on Saints
tedge (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 08:26

Hantsaintsrus4
Re: Still Pressure on Saints
Hantsaintsrus4 (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 08:31
I would always play Stephenson instead of Luther, against Ex we cannot afford the luxury of missed tackles and spilt ball.
COYS

195Rich
195Rich (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 08:46
Luther created both tries last week. Sadly Tom created the try for Bath that started the rot the previous week. I do like Tom and Luther certainly makes mistakes, but for me he is our first choice centre.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 09:02
He is a frustrating player. When at his best he is a real force, unfortunately his game is littered with too many errors or lapses of concentration of late

I do think Luther playing should benefit Horne, irrespective of how he is playing he attracts defenders so should in theory free space up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/02/2018 09:24 by Walks11.

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 09:15
He is not consistent enough for me but a good game last week should be rewarded with another.

Hantsaintsrus4
Hantsaintsrus4 (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 09:40
Are we saying 'play without fear' but don't miss a pass like Stephenson or you will be dropped and your contract will not be renewed? Stevo has the ability to be a 'great'.

LaurieK
LaurieK (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 09:43
Luther is a big player for us. Tom aspires to be.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 09:56
IMHO neither play enough with their heads up and have good enough distribution up for a modern day 12. And neither kicks.

However these can be learnt. Boyd will help all of this.

charlieemeriau
charlieemeriau (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 10:44
+1
I think Luther works on confidence, he has everything the power, speed, weight and technical ability... I thought he was superb when he was playing for England 15 caps; if he could rediscover that form.

Casual Saint
Casual Saint (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 11:01
Quote:
HungryLikeTheWolf
IMHO neither play enough with their heads up and have good enough distribution up for a modern day 12. And neither kicks.
However these can be learnt. Boyd will help all of this.

In fairness Luther has been known to kick, but it is not a thing of beauty. Certainly not a natural kicker, it would be quite a coaching achievement to give him a kicking game. However confident Luther, doing what he does best when he is is at the top of his game would certainly be an asset.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 11:24
Canít argue with that, in the George Moala-type in NZ. Iím sure Boyd will make him quite effective. But Tom does need to learn to pass and use space, albeit heís some specimen.

LeicesterSaint
LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 13:34
Aren't we back to the old balance argument? From what I've seen Horne doesn't/can't kick so opposition know kicks must come from 9 or 10. If the 13 kicks then less need for 12 to and vice versa. I do seem to remember the odd decent punt downfield from Luther when called on but at his best form he was carrying hard at good angles which I'd always prefer to see.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net