rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Scrummy
Luther
Scrummy (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 20:49
Luther seems to have come back from injury invigorated and he is playing really well ball in hand. The pairing with Horne is looking very good.

Well done Luther - keep it going.

St Marcus
Re: Luther
St Marcus (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 08:27
Yes he was excellent at the weekend, as was Rob Horne. Put in a good shift defensively too. Long may it continue!

195Rich
195Rich (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 09:56
Most of the team seems to be reinvigorated since Alan Gaffney arrived. Luther and Ben Foden looked to be a shadow of their former selves and now seem to be much more determined and confident. The scrum has stopped being a penalty machine and actually looked to have the beating of Chiefs on Saturday. At home to Exeter the same pack was embarrassing across the whole pitch. Defence now looks much more solid and better organised. Hope Gaffney will stay on for a proper hand over he has restored some pride to our team.

Having consistent selection has enabled some understanding to develop between the players. Too many enforced changes wreaked havoc during our dreadful run and calls for rotation at the moment, in my opinion would be misguided. A settled team is important to build confidence so we can enter the new season on a high with a new boss and a few new players; tight head, 2nd row, No 8, another big winger if we can afford one.

Hantsaintsrus4
Hantsaintsrus4 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 11:21
My feeling is that if we had played Stevo on Sat. we would have won. If we don't try things now, then when?

LeicesterSaint
LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 12:07
This is a genuine question - how do you figure that Hants?

I've sadly only seen the highlights but Luther looked good and was a major factor in two tries.

Lamont4Saints
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 14:08
Steve O from jackass?

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 16:23
Quote:
Lamont4Saints
Steve O from jackass?

We could get him doing flying headbutt tackles on the opposition !

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 16:52
From what I recall, Luther was also playing well for us at the start of this season before his injury. It's great that he's maintaining that form.

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Waggydog
Waggydog (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 08:07
Quote:
Matthew
From what I recall, Luther was also playing well for us at the start of this season before his injury. It's great that he's maintaining that form.

Agreed, he had a bad injury but I think this has been Luther's strongest season for us for years. It's really good to see.

Lamont4Saints
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 08:11
Luther for me can blow hot and cold but when he’s on form he’s fantastic.

Watching him and Horne does make me a happy saints fan.

Happywifehappylife
Happywifehappylife (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 20:37
I agree. He's getting back to his best, but he needs to be careful to not step up out of the line & create gaps which he did against Oirish

Good to see the boy back though

Grubber.
Doink (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 12:30
You jinxed him!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net