rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

MESSAGES->author
Eddie Jones abused on the train
shendy (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 08:10
The most amazing thing about this story isn't that some cretins felt they could verbally and physically abuse Eddie Jones on the train home from Scotland.
It's not even that he was on the train.
It's that he was in standard class.

tboullem
Re: Eddie Jones abused on the train
Mobbs (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 08:51
Left their collective brain cell in the pub no doubt........

Nath-coys
Nath-coys (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 09:27
It's quite sad really.

And we bang on about wanting interaction with our heroes and idols, but you can really see why that is becoming less and less common.

MESSAGES->author
Neil-H (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 10:32
Just seem the video.

He is outside Manchester Railway station about to get into a taxi and he is asked by a few drunk Scots if they can have a picture, so he poses with them and then they start to be abusive and damn right horrible, calling him a few choice names

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 10:42
Ignoring the nationality on both sides, this is appalling, drunken idiots abusing an older gentleman minding his own business. This is the UK Mr Jones, a minority but not uncommon behaviour

JRM
JRM (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 10:46

rugbymel
rugbymel (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 11:00
This kind of behaviour is fuelled by the anti-English comments spouted by a former and a current Scottish international.

MESSAGES->author
Neil-H (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 11:10
Agreed Walks, has nothing to do with what nationality, as I have said elsewhere I have lot of Scots friends I play/played rugby with, that if they saw this, they would put the tw@ts in their place

I just mentioned Scots, as seen comments but some saying he was in England and they English...

As you say, they just tw@ts, sod natioanlity

LeicesterSaint
LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 11:42
From what I've read there were two incidents - that outside the train station and then a second incident on the train between Manchester and London the next day, that was the more serious and apparently a bystander called the Police who met the train.

Either way as above, idiots regardless of nationality!

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 12:37
i think that this is a really sad indictment of modern society. love him of loath him, EJ, nor anyone to that mind, should have to put up with verbal or physical assaults and for it to be about our beloved sport, which values respect as one of its key cornerstones, makes it all the more unpleasant.

Yes, we all take part in a bit of banter and ribbing, and im sure that EJ wouldnt be in the least bit bothered about a cheeky jibe about his team's performance, but there is a line and these guys didnt just cross it, they dismantled it.

I hope that they feel suitably ashamed of their actions, but in reality they are probably too addled or dim-witted to even grasp the nature of their actions.

There really is no place in the game for this type of behaviour, just glad that morons like these are very few and far between in the world of rugby

sainttim
Saint Tim (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 13:49
More a statement on society than anything else. The twitterati - I can say anything to anyone approach - well I tell you what the answer to that is no. People, even in the public eye, have a right to some privacy and safety.

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 14:46
There is definitely a hatred for the English that stems from how the English powers have treated other home nations in the past. Not everyone has that hatred, and really it is quite silly to blame the general English public for what nobility did 100's of years ago.

If a nation defines itself by how well it can beat another nation then that nation will always be under the shadow of that said nation. A country should be defining itself by how it treats it's people and the people of other countries.

Thank goodness that not everyone in Scotland is as infantile as the Scots that abused Eddie in the vid, If I were Scottish I would be concerned with the amount of my countrymen that harbour hatred in their hearts. In my 40 years I have come across a few. Thankfully I have met more genuine and kind hearted Scottish people than bad ones.

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 15:33
Poor Eddie.
I quite like the Scots, from my time in the army I was friends with a few, always the first lads to get drinking & always the last to finish! Very passionate & fiery people. Which I respect a lot. But some do seem to hate us & in this day and age can’t we all just get along?

Just as we’d be embarrassed if this was a role reversal, our fans abusing Townsend.. I’m sure most of the Scots are just as unhappy about it as we are. I just feel sorry for Eddie poor bloke , can’t of been comfortable for him.

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 15:37
Years ago I had to do some work in the Bridge of Allan, which is real ‘Wallace’ country, and I was accused by some locals of murdering said Scottish hero, to which I pointed out that at 31, I was a bit young and moreover I was Welsh (I don’t sound Welsh, hence they thought I was plummy English @#$%&), and they let me off without a kicking!

I have never forgotten their comments as it really highlighted just how bitter some people are. My usual response now is to suggest that if the Scots hate the English that much then they need to google the ‘Darian disaster’ which highlights a monstrous pooch-screw when the Scottish nobility tried to create a trade route in panama, lost all of their money and subsequently gave up their powers of autonomy (by joining the union) so that they could recover their vast financial losses!!

Amazingly, most Scots don’t seem to know this part of their history, despite it having a far greater impact than Bannockburn or Wallace!

History! It’s great!!

Flyhooker
Flyhooker (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 16:12
few Knobheads with cans at an early hour. They can be any one in any country we all have them. Eddie is a good bloke and speaks to anyone when he is at the gardens and is courteous.
If Eddie had travelled first class he could have still had the misfortune to run into them.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 18:36
My jock mates that host me are great lads up there but so many anti-English bell ends around the ground. Typically teenagers revved by Salmond

MESSAGES->author
Saint Robert (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 18:38
Quote:
SaintsAsh
Thank goodness that not everyone in Scotland is as infantile as the Scots that abused Eddie in the vid, If I were Scottish I would be concerned with the amount of my countrymen that harbour hatred in their hearts. In my 40 years I have come across a few. Thankfully I have met more genuine and kind hearted Scottish people than bad ones.[/quote

Just under half of them hate us English which is why they want out of the Union.

MESSAGES->author
Stockers (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 18:58
Scotsman here! I’m very embarrassed by the behaviour towards EJ. I mean, he’s not even English for goodness sake!

I hope that a complaint is made and the police take action over both incidents.

Some of my fellow countrymen need to look to the future and be proud of a nation that can stand tall on the world stage, not fester in a swamp of hatred that does nobody any good, least of all Scotland.

Sorry Eddie.

Happywifehappylife
Happywifehappylife (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 20:28
Yup...I think we're all pretty much in the same boat with this one. Sad

MESSAGES->author
SaintMaul (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 23:11
Is it just me, or is there something fundamentally moronic about people targeting Eddie Jones with anti-English abuse when he is an Aussie?

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 07:43
Quote:
SaintMaul
Is it just me, or is there something fundamentally moronic about people targeting Eddie Jones with anti-English abuse when he is an Aussie?

If Eddie was English, it would still be moronic.

Happywifehappylife
Happywifehappylife (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 23:42
Just find them, charge them & sort it. They're on camera so just do it

Hantsaintsrus4
Hantsaintsrus4 (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 10:47
I'm a rugby snob, I don't want to attract huge extra numbers to watch our sport, play yes of course but not watch unless they buy into the whole. These morons that intimidated Jones are typical of people we do not need at rugby. My guess is that they are footy followers and let's hope they stay that way.
We got of a train at Clapham, going to HQ, and a lots of footy supporters got off on another platform, they found it necessary to throw abuse and cans but were ignored. It only happened once thank goodness. But why would they do it?
I saw a scuffle at HQ last time I went, the first ever.
We should take the Jones event as a warning.

I enjoy going to FG, parking, walking to the ground, watching the game and leaving without seeing a policeman, let's fight (wrong word) to keep it that way.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net