The Buck (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 18:24
Apparently didnít want to play today!!

[www.northamptonchron.co.uk]

Sans Culottes
Re: George North
Sans Culottes (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 18:36
"It's a pretty good question and it's a very difficult one to answer at this moment in time.

"You'd probably have to ask George.

"We picked the side that actually wanted to be out on the pitch and the best side for Northampton.

"I haven't spoken to George personally about it, but I'm just disappointed he wasn't here."

If that is the case, I believe that might be construed as gross misconduct by the legal wallers on here. If so what should happen? You cannot have players deciding whether or not they fulfil their obligations whilst under contract....Can you?

I am not sure I wanted to be there today ( cold and difficult to travel), but by some sort of perverse arrangement I felt obliged to go and support the people that had made the game possible ( well done everyone - employed or volunteer) and also the players for turning out.....Not impressed with GN...If of course the story is true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2018 18:39 by Sans Culottes.

Christoff
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
That'll be his last game done and dusted for Saints then. Astounding and, if true, very very disappointing.

Former Hollywood Saint
Really poor if true. Its a shame that it ends on bad terms.

FHS

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 18:39
Well, I know why Harry, Dylan and Courts were unavailable and now it seems that George North could not be bothered. I hope this proves not to be the case but if the story proves to be true I could imagine him sitting out the rest of the domestic season.

This is a seriously significant allegation and the Club needs to provide some clarification for all concerned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2018 18:58 by Mobbs.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 18:45
If true, release him now, no compensation and he can train with Cardiff. He does have a right of reply however.

Christoff
03 March, 2018 18:50
It's Bl00dy disrespectful if true. Thought better of him. Hoped he might give it 100% until the end given that he knows it's a dire situation. After all he did win the Premiership with us a few seasons ago. If true I hadn't got him down as a quitter. Again, if true, it does his reputation no good. Maybe it's a communication mix up and he was injured or ill.

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 18:53
IF this is true, and George effectively turned down the jersey today when he could have played, then I wouldn't pass him the jersey again this season.

My personal view, but with no chance of getting anything from the season, and slim chance of relegation I'd rather see players who want to make the bl**dy effort. I've said for a while we should be building for next year, not persisting with underperforming players for the sake of it. Need a clear out of dead wood - which may take time, but by God we need a clear out.

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 18:54
Really unprofessional of GN if true.

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 19:08
If true, I hope he never plays for the Saints again.

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 19:15
If true, stick him in the wandies for the rest of the season. Only cares about playing for wales and isnít that good when he sticks that shirt on either.

Happywifehappylife
Happywifehappylife (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 19:15
Wow if that's true it says so much about our club as well as the player

I was told the rot had set in well before our Premiership win. Total clear out required & could take us years to recover

I know the attendance was sparse today but the Barwell was empty - what a white elephant!

BletchleySaint
Saint (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 19:17
Why are people surprised by this ?

George North left the building at least a season ago. I got "frowned at" for daring to say it on a thread a few months ago.

JohnI
JohnI (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 19:23
Am I missing something here????? I get paid to do a job which if I decline to do my boss have a number of options if there is no medical or personal problem which would prevent me from doing it.

Either he just accepts Iím bigger than the company and gets someone else to do my work and I laugh all the way to the ban ecahse Iím still being paid to sit and do nothing or he tells me Iím doing the job at the time and place as arranged.if Iím not there he takes action and Iím either disciplined or let le5 go.

What I am unsure of though is whether north has been released by Wales this weekend to play for saints or not but if he has been released and this story is true (cannot understand why the boss would hint at such unless there is a basis for it) then let him go early and save the wage bill. Itís a two way thing loyalty and north has plenty of loyalty from this club during the time he has been injured so when we struggle at the bottom of the league as yet again we did today then itís atrocious behaviour.
However if there is no basis in this story then someone needs to be nipping it in the bud immediately.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 19:29
It true, sack him on Monday

apologies if it isnít true

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 19:37
Could there be therefore a link between this story and Alan Dickins supposed half-time comment of 'start playing or pack your bags' ?

acl saint
acl saint (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 19:44
Leave him out, donít push him and send him back with no game time and semi fit!!
Wear the shirt with pride or bog off!!!!
That goes for anyone!!!!!!

choppa
choppa (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 19:45
He has been rubbish for us the whole time he's been here. Was only ever at the club for the huge salary. Good riddance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2018 19:45 by choppa.

SuffolkSaint
SuffolkSaint (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 19:55
Not very good at all if this is true, however not ideal to be airing your 'dirty washing' through such a public channel either.

If I was a betting man, I'd wager this story gets adjusted to be more along the lines of Wales not releasing him with Alan airing his frustration on this.

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending GN if this is true - just that these matters are better dealt with internally.

Angus67
Angus67 (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 20:00
If true I have an awful feeling this is indicative of a bigger problem, other than that of poor performance at the club.

On the face of it, something reeks. We may need a really hard nosed SOB to get a grip.

Saint Jericho
Saint Jericho (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 20:02
Tom Collin's dad has just replied to a thread about George North on Twitter by saying his son wanted to play today.

Harry the Dog
Harry the Dog (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 20:08
High time the coaches got tough with the pampered under achievers in our squad. Start naming and shaming those that arenít pulling their weight

Christoff
03 March, 2018 20:15
Sick of the lot of them to be honest, bloody shambles.

MESSAGES->author
SaintMaul (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 20:17
Castrogiavani was sacked by Toulon for not being available (he went to Las Vegas pretending he had a funeral to go to). So it's happened before.

There is a big difference between refusing to play and not coming to training when fit. That's gross misconduct and the club would be entitled to sack him with no compensation.

But if he said to the coaches, Saints aren't going to be relegated nor make top 6 and I really want to avoid getting injured in a dead rubber game and ensure I am fit for Wales and is it ok not to pick me coaches, that's a different matter. That's him effectively negotiating not to play rather than refusing. If we chose not to pick him in these circumstances that's are call and our tough. If we told him we were picking him anyway and he then refused then it's back to gross misconduct.

Both are sad. But it reflects how a number of our players are playing. Going through the motions.

Brackleysaint
Brackleysaint (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 20:20
I don't think this weekend is classed as a international one, so Wales have to release him. Only the England players are unavailable due to an agreement between Premiership Rugby & The RFU

Christoff
03 March, 2018 20:30
Quote:
SaintMaul
Castrogiavani was sacked by Toulon for not being available (he went to Las Vegas pretending he had a funeral to go to). So it's happened before.
There is a big difference between refusing to play and not coming to training when fit. That's gross misconduct and the club would be entitled to sack him with no compensation.

But if he said to the coaches, Saints aren't going to be relegated nor make top 6 and I really want to avoid getting injured in a dead rubber game and ensure I am fit for Wales and is it ok not to pick me coaches, that's a different matter. That's him effectively negotiating not to play rather than refusing. If we chose not to pick him in these circumstances that's are call and our tough. If we told him we were picking him anyway and he then refused then it's back to gross misconduct.

Both are sad. But it reflects how a number of our players are playing. Going through the motions.

Respect your view but if he did say "Saints aren't going to be relegated" then he's naive. In my opinion until it can't happen then it can happen. Saints seem determined to continually shoot themselves in every foot they can find. We aren't half giving Irish some encouragement. Whatever happens against Wasps they're going to be in no worse a position than they were in before this weekend. It's quite possible we won't get any more than 2-3 more points this season. Yes, it's unlikely we'll be relegated but my god anybody who plays for the club appears to capitulate at will. I'm sure some players may care but if this story is true he is one that doesn't. Opinions like being unfit to wear the shirt are interesting. I'm not sure we have a shirt fit to wear to be honest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2018 20:31 by smitferbrainz.

MESSAGES->author
SaintMaul (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 20:40
Smitferbrainz- the point I was focusing on is whether George refused to play or said he'd prefer not to play and asked not to be picked. The former is gross misconduct. The latter isn't.

Whether relegation is a realistic threat has been debated a number of times on other threads.

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 20:48
There's someone on Twitter claiming to have seen North and Pivac enjoying a pint together this evening in Llanelli....

[twitter.com]

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 21:29
Iíve said it all along.
Overpaid, over hyped prima dona.
Doesnít care about Saints, came here for the money & is only bothered about playing for Wales. The best performances weíve seen of him has been when heís been playing for a place in the Welsh team.

People on here have gone mad just at the mention of questioning North's commitment or intentions. Iíve always said it and this proves it.

Waste of space.

Gaffney wasnít born yesterday, he would not of come out and said this in the media unless the story was true. They can try and re-word it as much as they like in future publications to twist the truth but it doesnít change anything.

Go home George youíve outstayed your welcome.

Happywifehappylife
03 March, 2018 21:43
I've tweeted him & asked him for his side.

He's not replied yet............

MESSAGES->author
BerniesBestFriend (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 21:48
That's terrible if true, & if so i hope never to see him play for Saints again

Ow3n
Ow3n (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 21:50
Quote:
Happywifehappylife

Not sure he'll consider you important enough to tweet back too, to be honest. Anyway, its not the first of the month, white rabbits etc. yawn

northampton_lad
northampton_lad (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 21:51
I'm not defending North but system does seem harsh on player welfare if Hartley & Lawes get an enforced rest & North doesn't. Refusing not to play is not the answer, but system does need to be reviewed. When RFU proposed getting rid of one of break weekends, a huge cry for player welfare was made, so is it fair on him & other Welsh players not to get a rest?

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 22:12
Quote:
northampton_lad
I'm not defending North but system does seem harsh on player welfare if Hartley & Lawes get an enforced rest & North doesn't. Refusing not to play is not the answer, but system does need to be reviewed. When RFU proposed getting rid of one of break weekends, a huge cry for player welfare was made, so is it fair on him & other Welsh players not to get a rest?

I can see where your coming from but to be quite honest itís all irrelevant what the English players do and what he does.

We pay his wages & if we wanted him to play he should play. If heíd played flat out, every lions test, every prem, European & Anglo welsh game...We may of given him the week off.
But he hasnít.
Heís featured in a handful of games in the last good few months.
Gaffney clearly didnít offer him the week off.
So he should of played if selected.
Simple as that.
Very poor.

Flapjack
Flapjack (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 22:15
Pick him for Friday night, announce the team on Monday evening before the Welsh on Tuesday.
Stand well back.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 22:23
Whoa...... we have a veiled comment from Gaffney in the aftermath of a pretty ordinary performance. We do not know the full circumstances and yet heís been hung out to dry. The 2+2=6 brigade may well be right and if so appalling and hope heís not picked again. There however may be extenuating circumstances such as Gatland for example that is a factor so perhaps we reserve judgement until the full facts are known.

Hope Iím never up on a trumped up charge in front of a jury of Saints fans!

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 22:51
Walks11
Almost every single post on this topic prefaced their point with "If true". That surely means the vast majority of people aren't simply accepting this as fact doesn't it ?.

Happywifehappylife
03 March, 2018 22:59
Quote:
Ow3n
Quote:
Happywifehappylife

Not sure he'll consider you important enough to tweet back too, to be honest. Anyway, its not the first of the month, white rabbits etc. yawn

#irony

Flapjack
Flapjack (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 23:33
It is probably worth noting that this is a rather splendid distraction from one of the poorest performances of the season isn't it?

Eif Jones
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 00:53
Its been pretty apparent that North and Saints have never been a good match, Saints do not play his kind of game plan. Scarlets had to let him go because of their financial situation but soon after he left, they had a new management team with larger pockets. And they do play a game plan suited to North. Certain Scarlets players do have a good heart though, it seems that JD2 spent Friday as an emergency ambulance, making about a dozen journeys into Cardiff in his 4x4.

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 06:48
Quote:
Eif Jones
Its been pretty apparent that North and Saints have never been a good match, Saints do not play his kind of game plan. Scarlets had to let him go because of their financial situation but soon after he left, they had a new management team with larger pockets. And they do play a game plan suited to North. Certain Scarlets players do have a good heart though, it seems that JD2 spent Friday as an emergency ambulance, making about a dozen journeys into Cardiff in his 4x4.

Sorry Eif, how does any of this relate to his absence yesterday? Did JD2 drive him to hospital or something?*

Former Hollywood Saint
04 March, 2018 07:38
Quote:
ElySaint
Quote:
Eif Jones

Sorry Eif, how does any of this relate to his absence yesterday? Did JD2 drive him to hospital or something?*

Nah, it's just Eif with a very rare 'Welsh players are amazing' themed post.

FHS

Shiraz_Saint
Shiraz_Saint (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 08:01
there is no dressing it up - GN has been a massive disappointment for us and a even ore massive drain on our resources.
Very little return for a very significant outlay.

JRM
JRM (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 08:06
Wetherspoons! You have to give it to the guy, he has got class.*

Quote:
Eif Jones
Certain Scarlets players do have a good heart though, it seems that JD2 spent Friday as an emergency ambulance, making about a dozen journeys into Cardiff in his 4x4.

Well Ronnie O'Sullivan bought a homeless man in Cardiff some food and drink,(good for him) but does that excuse some of his past histrionics?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2018 08:15 by JRM.

SaintsMan87
SaintsMan87 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 08:25
My understanding is that he didnít train all week then flat out refuse to play. More he didnít bother returning from wales. Either way itís unacceptable and us Normoís would be sacked for going awol

Stevie Myler's right boot
04 March, 2018 08:40
Interesting that this was published post game rather than at any time during the week - we knew on Friday he wasnít going to play when team was named so why not say it then? Diversionary tactics?
Turn the venom on George rather than the capitulation at the Gardens - who cares heís off at the end of the season.
Thereís three sides to any argument - whatís been published, Georgeís side and the truth somewhere between.
For me this is just poor form and is indicative of all that is wrong

Raggs
Raggs (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 08:52
Why is it unacceptable?

If I recall correctly, you signed George North and promised him full release for internationals, basically equal terms to what the England boys have. Against PRL rules, and you paid a fine, but that was in his contract and the terms that Saints agreed to. Why is it a surprise if he's going by his contract?

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 08:55
Gaffney was asked a question on the radio that he had to respond to; "no comment" would have conveyed the same message as "you'd better ask George". He could have lied but that's not his way. It just might be that as Gaffney doesn't select the team he actually didn't know the circumstances leading up to the non-appearance of North - only that he was "unavailable" for some reason. In any event I doubt North would have made any difference to the outcome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2018 08:56 by tedge.

SaintsMan87
SaintsMan87 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 08:56
Quote:
Raggs
Why is it unacceptable?
If I recall correctly, you signed George North and promised him full release for internationals, basically equal terms to what the England boys have. Against PRL rules, and you paid a fine, but that was in his contract and the terms that Saints agreed to. Why is it a surprise if he's going by his contract?

Incorrect that was in his old contract and we were told a same incident would mean we were fined heavier and docked points, hence why he didnít play in the welshís pointless extra international last season and why they scrapped it this season with all prem clubs having the same issue if a players been renewed.

Like every other welsh player in the prem (maybe different in pro 14) they should be returning to play for their clubs on rest weeks unless the clubs choose not to play them.

Either way he should have been back here and prepared to play like he was 2 weeks ago when he needed to prove his worth to get back in the welsh squad. Heís done that now so doesnít bother coming back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2018 08:58 by SaintsMan87.

Raggs
Raggs (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 09:03
I thought he signed an extension, rather than a new contract (so it could be claimed that as there was no new contract, there's no new fine), no real idea though, so could be wrong.

SaintsMan87
SaintsMan87 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 09:19
Theyíre always new contract as after more money, maybe less money, bonusís etc no 2 contract are the same

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 09:35
Quote:
fleetg
Walks11
Almost every single post on this topic prefaced their point with "If true". That surely means the vast majority of people aren't simply accepting this as fact doesn't it ?.

And yet we went into a side bar with Ďwe canít be relegated and canít get 6th so no point in me playingí discussion. Thatís a leap in anyone book from the original comment

I find it pretty poor that someone with Gaffneys experience is making comment in the press without justification to back it up. Itís inflammatory. What baffles me more is if he is so Píd off by it why didnít he pick the phone up and speak to him. Perhaps there was a reason Jim gave bland interviews in that he didnít want his dirty laundry aired in the press.

Given yesterdayís performance I think the North issue is a complete irrelevance, there are more pressing problems to address

SaintsMan87
SaintsMan87 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 09:44
Quote:
Walks11
Quote:
fleetg
Walks11

And yet we went into a side bar with Ďwe canít be relegated and canít get 6th so no point in me playingí discussion. Thatís a leap in anyone book from the original comment

I find it pretty poor that someone with Gaffneys experience is making comment in the press without justification to back it up. Itís inflammatory. What baffles me more is if he is so Píd off by it why didnít he pick the phone up and speak to him. Perhaps there was a reason Jim gave bland interviews in that he didnít want his dirty laundry aired in the press.

Given yesterdayís performance I think the North issue is a complete irrelevance, there are more pressing problems to address

Agree with the last bit to a degree although Iíd norths not returning then respect of the management and club is an issue and sometimes resolving it is people knowing about it. If he club keep it within itíll always be a niggling issue

Brackleysaint
04 March, 2018 10:02
Not poor at all by Gafney. He was asked a question and gave a reasonable measures response, made no defamatory comments. It's then down to the individual to read in to it what they wish.
His attitude is probably is that the supporters need to know the truth, don't blame us coaches for not picking him.

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 10:09
Quote:
Walks11
Quote:
fleetg
Walks11

Gaffneys not wet behind the ears. Heís been around long enough to know whatís what. I donít think he would call out a high profile player, in an interview, unless the story held weight.

Iím pretty sure they have been on the phone to him, unless they can communicate through morse code?**

For everyone saying what a conveniently timed distraction... Heís been brought in to identify problems, assess the players and coaches. & recommend changes from the bottom up , to the board.

The only expectation the board had of him was to hold the fort while he can pick apart the 3 years of $hi*e under Jim.
Heís under no pressure to lose his job.
The players & coaches are.
Heís gone at the end of the season. So why would he make up a story about North to deflect attention away from our loss ? He wouldnít.
He seeís a bad egg & in a effort to start addressing the poor culture in our team, let the national papers know about it when asked.
Act a mug, get treated like one.
Itís not detracting attention from a performance.
Itís calling a spade a spade.

Whatever excuse North comes back with, he clearly didnít go about things the correct way else Gaffney wouldnít of mentioned a thing.
He can stay in Wales after the 6 nations.

wombles222
wombles222 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 10:10
I think we must be cautious with this, none of us are privvy to the full details, and indeed any reason why he was not selected is reasonable, from is refusal, to coaching choice.

My opinion is when ANY player refuses to play for the club they are contracted to, and are paid by, then it is shocking, unprofessional and petulent. I would not want a player in my club if that was their attitude, and frankly i would not sign one if they behaved like that. Judge someone not by how they win, but by how they lose. And if a player behaves like this -and we must remind ourselves here that North is not confirmed to of refused to play yet- I would keep them away from my squad full stop.

195Rich
195Rich (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 10:23
How quick to turn on on a world class player.

If GN was aware of the long held views that some of the contributors on this thread claim to have (regarding his lack effort and only being here for the money) then I'm not surprised he didn't turn out yesterday.

For what it's worth my view is that he has been a good servant of the club, when called upon has played for us when not fully fit and there will be more to this than has been revealed.

I am a supporter of what AG has achieved in the time he has been here but sometimes straight talking isn't the best way of dealing with a provocative question in an interview - much better to deal with GN in private.

Brackleysaint
04 March, 2018 10:38
Quote:
195Rich
How quick to turn on on a world class player.
If GN was aware of the long held views that some of the contributors on this thread claim to have (regarding his lack effort and only being here for the money) then I'm not surprised he didn't turn out yesterday.

For what it's worth my view is that he has been a good servant of the club, when called upon has played for us when not fully fit and there will be more to this than has been revealed.

I am a supporter of what AG has achieved in the time he has been here but sometimes straight talking isn't the best way of dealing with a provocative question in an interview - much better to deal with GN in private.

Sorry but I have to disagree. This is not football, IF this is true, for the sake of Rugby this needs to be played out in public, IF TRUE the club need to terminate his contract with immediate effect and shout this from the roof tops. This would end this sort of thing happening again in the future, and I would almost guarantee most clubs and Premiership Rugby would support it.

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 10:47
Quote:
Flapjack
Pick him for Friday night, announce the team on Monday evening before the Welsh on Tuesday.
Stand well back.

Slight flaw there - he has to be released for the international if they pick him.

195Rich
195Rich (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 10:51
... what sort of thing? GN didn't play yesterday. We don't know why. He could be carrying a knock or has a problem that we and by the look of it AG too, know nothing about. I would rather believe that, than the implication and speculation that he simply chose not to play. I think AG dealt with it badly. A more diplomatic, thoughtful response would have been less damaging to the player, team, club and game as a whole. If I have a problem at work I would resent it being speculated about across social media due to an unguarded comment from my boss and would find it hard to trust my employer again.

MESSAGES->author
SaintMaul (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:03
It would be interesting to have a poll of supporters. If only to lend support to the club in letting them know what fans feel is the appropriate course.

IF George North refused to play against Sale should he be sacked by Saints?

Whilst I'm grateful to George for his efforts in the past, IF he refused to play, it is for me unacceptable, unforgivable and a gross breach of contract. I wouldn't want a senior player with that behaviour anywhere near our trsining ground to infect/influence the already precarious culture.

So I'd vote yes.

twsaint
twsaint (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:13
We're all bitterly disappointed and upset about yesterday's abject performance. The George North business is a distraction. We don't know the full story. Rather than calling for a sacking and polls of supporters, let's just wait for the full story .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2018 11:18 by twsaint.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:15
Quote:
twsaint
We'll bitterly disappointed and upset about yesterday's abject performance. The George North business is a distraction. We don't know the full story. Rather than calling for a sacking and polls of supporters, let's just wait for the full story .

+1

Brackleysaint
04 March, 2018 11:18
I'm sure his management and the Welsh team management will conjure up some form of excuse.

RugbyMarvel
RugbyMarvel (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:35
I wouldnít be surprised if he had visited Wales post the Ireland game, and then was due back Tuesday/Wednesday for training. Suddenly the weather became a little adverse and he didnít turn up for training, and then didnít make efforts to get to Northampton to play for the weekend at all.
If itís true he was seen in Llanelli, then thatís what jumps to my mind.

Or I could have absolutely no idea and doubt the full story will ever come out.

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:40
Quote:
Brackleysaint
I'm sure his management and the Welsh team management will conjure up some form of excuse.

100% they will fabricate a story, he had a niggle etc etc. But of course if it were true the club would of been in the know & had the perfect answer when asked ďwhereís George NorthĒ.
But we didnít.

MESSAGES->author
OldPete (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:40
if there was a prize for the longest thread based on partial information and speculation this one would win it.

But then after yesterdays result I suppose its the equivalent of kicking the cat.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 11:43
Quote:
OldPete
if there was a prize for the longest thread based on partial information and speculation this one would win it.
But then after yesterdays result I suppose its the equivalent of kicking the cat.

or kicking a Welshman ?

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 12:04
George isn't Welsh though !

AlexInSouthville
AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 13:10
Quote:
fleetg

Ridiculous comment

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 13:19
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Quote:
fleetg

Ridiculous comment

I think it was a tongue in cheek comment...

But okay, heís a Welshman with a English Dad, who was born in Kings Lynn(England).

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 13:23
It was indeed tongue in cheek but understand my attempt at a bit of lightheartedness will be misconstrued by some !

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 14:02
Taffies are a little sensitive to that issue, clearly

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 14:58
Out of interest did George play for saints during last year and previous yearís six nations
I donít remember him doing so, but my memory is not as good as others
If not why would anyone expect any difference

MESSAGES->author
Stockers (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:00
Quote:
twsaint
We're all bitterly disappointed and upset about yesterday's abject performance. The George North business is a distraction. We don't know the full story. Rather than calling for a sacking and polls of supporters, let's just wait for the full story .

Wise words. Always two sides to every story.

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:03
Quote:
Deesaint
Out of interest did George play for saints during last year and previous yearís six nations

He played for us 2 weeks ago in the other 6N off week...

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:40
Quote:
shendy
Quote:
Deesaint

He played for us 2 weeks ago in the other 6N off week...

Was he sent back by Garland to get some game time?

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:41
Wasn't that earlier in the 6N?

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:49
I wish I could remember!
But from what I have seen and heard of GN he seems a humble reasonable chap who would always try his best
Unsure that he deserves some of the vitriol coughed up by some posters without any proof either way

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:26
i guess the vitriol is down to the club being in the middle of a really tough year and all wanting to see the team pull together in every game in order to try and secure points. So to potentially have one player who doesnt want to play for the club when they are needed is really poor and in all other circumstances would result in a severe punishment.

Love him or loathe him, GN is a seasoned international winger and would have added some extra guile to our back 3 yesterday, but (and this is the problem), he no longer seems bothered about Saints and hasnt done for a while, so would he have been effective, esp if his mind is on wales next week?

The head and heart are back in Wales and he only longs to pull on the red shirt - the shame is that on his current form, i wouldnt pick him for wales and he rarely puts in a full shift there either - just contrast GN vs Halfpenny - one is absolutely committed to the cause, the other is a bit-part player.

Maybe hitting the international scene so young is now impacting on his desire and form, as he has been playing at that level for 8 years and currently just looks flat and uninspired.

If he no longer wants to play for us, dead-rubbers or not, then speak to the management and agree an immediate exit, as situations like this will only act as a cancer at the heart of the squad and he could find himself on the receiving end of hostile reactions from colleagues and supporters alike.

So, grow some balls, face up to reality, speak to those in charge, make a decision and get on with it!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net