rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

SaintsAsh
Attitude
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 08:21
With the North story highlighting at best a poor attitude by North, I have just read this quote from the gaffa

"It's great to see someone like Heinz Brüssow, who has probably got a different attitude to a lot of others," Gaffney said. "He can't wait to get back on the pitch."

The attitude of fans is to turn up in the snow unpaid and work in the cold to make the game happen, some of the attitude coming from the players.......... disgrace.

I hope we ditch them and that other clubs can see how poor their attitude is and refuse to sign them.

Saint Wilf
Re: Attitude
Saint Wilf (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 08:32
Quote:
SaintsAsh
With the North story highlighting at best a poor attitude by North, I have just read this quote from the gaffa
"It's great to see someone like Heinz Brüssow, who has probably got a different attitude to a lot of others," Gaffney said. "He can't wait to get back on the pitch."

The inference of his statement was that neither Day nor Wood were keen to resume playing -
Burrell was excused because he had his arm in a sling!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2018 09:31 by Saint Wilf.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 09:08
Injuries update:Chron

Former Hollywood Saint
04 March, 2018 09:17
I was going to mention this kind of thing too.

What with the North stuff going on I think its right to highlight the other confirmed leaver's performance yesterday: Kieran Brookes.

He has not had many fans on here including me sometimes, but I have to say he was going all out yesterday. The scrum was good, his tackling was pretty decent and he was probably the most ferocious I've ever seen him with ball in hand.

Polar opposite to some, and he's not going to be a Saint for much longer! Pat on the back for you, Brookes. At least he is professional.

FHS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2018 09:17 by Former Hollywood Saint.

headman
headman (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 09:21
Looking at daisy after the match, I would suggest Gaffney goes to Specsavers if he said he was not bad at all!! HIA also determines whether a person should go back on the pitch. he obviously did not pass the assessment

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 09:24
On the red link it was very clear that the meds told Wayne Daisy was going off and was a permanent replacement.

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

SaintsMan87
SaintsMan87 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 09:45
Quote:
Chris Hoddle
On the red link it was very clear that the meds told Wayne Daisy was going off and was a permanent replacement.

Rep daisy went down in front of us, clearly unconscious instantly, no HIA permentant replacement. He might not seem bad now but no way could he play on

Saintly Pursuit
Saintly Pursuit (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 10:02
There is a big difference between someone who is fit not wanting to play and someone getting injured in a match not coming back on. Daisy tweeted that he was knocked unconcious. To suggest that he should have returned to play in the game is ridiculous on so many levels and in contradicition to the HIA protocols which Diasy himself has be a part of bringing into being. I don't know what happened to Wood but I have never seen him as a quitter so would assume tha the failed the HIA as well.

Brackleysaint
Brackleysaint (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 10:11
Where did Gafney say Daisy or Woody should have played on, he didnt. I think he was making a general comment about Brussow's desire to play over the desire of some of the rest of the players.
The comment he made about Daisy was a summary of the state of his injury looking forward.

John Rickerd
John Rickerd (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 10:25
Quote:
Former Hollywood Saint
I was going to mention this kind of thing too.
What with the North stuff going on I think its right to highlight the other confirmed leaver's performance yesterday: Kieran Brookes.

He has not had many fans on here including me sometimes, but I have to say he was going all out yesterday. The scrum was good, his tackling was pretty decent and he was probably the most ferocious I've ever seen him with ball in hand.

Polar opposite to some, and he's not going to be a Saint for much longer! Pat on the back for you, Brookes. At least he is professional.

FHS

Not sure I see his performance in the same light FHS, trying to impress his new employers I would say.

SaintsMan87
SaintsMan87 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 10:33
Quote:
Saintly Pursuit
There is a big difference between someone who is fit not wanting to play and someone getting injured in a match not coming back on. Daisy tweeted that he was knocked unconcious. To suggest that he should have returned to play in the game is ridiculous on so many levels and in contradicition to the HIA protocols which Diasy himself has be a part of bringing into being. I don't know what happened to Wood but I have never seen him as a quitter so would assume tha the failed the HIA as well.

Not sure but looked like he pulled his back by his walk, could be a leg injury

Guildford Saint
Guildford Saint (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:14
Daisy is 100% professional. Always gives 100% No way anyone can say anything bad about him.

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 12:04
If anything can be inferred from the article, it could be Gaffney comparing North and Brussow.

The idea that he was talking about any of the injured players is beneath discussion

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net