rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

MESSAGES->author
Michael Green RIP
shendy (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 13:41
Has [assed away at the age of 91.
Author of The Art of Coarse Rugby and The Art of Coarse Rugby, used to work for the Chron and was a member of the Masque Theatre amateur dramatics group in Northampton - which is also where my parents met.

Saint Mulc
Re: Michael Green RIP
Saint Mulc (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 14:45
RIP Michael. I thoroughly enjoyed reading his 'Coarse Rugby' books. He absolutely captured the humour and spirit of Rugby as experienced by the many veterans of junior Rugby. Would recommend the books to any Saints fans like myself currently suffering from the form of our team. It may put a smile back on your face. Now where can I find my old copies?

JRM
JRM (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 14:51
Don't forget his 'Art of Coarse Golf', contains a brilliant quote along the lines of 'We were having a great game, until he (his opponent) threw in an 8 on one hole which I thought was unfair he must have been having secret lessons!'

Great Humour.

Longers
Longers (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 18:19
So sad to hear this news.

Michael was one of Dad's dearest friends, and treasured his personalized copy of The Art of Coarse Rugby, which to my eternal shame, I lent someone and have now lost it.

I will always remember one section of the book, describing a player, " His mother thinks he shouldn't be playing rugby. His mother's right!"

God Speed Michael.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net