rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

fair_weather_fan
A big Thanks
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 12:24
As no-one seems to have done it properly, I would like to say a big thank you to all the saints staff that helped get the ground ready for Saturday and any fans that came down to help clear snow on Saturday morning.

Clearly travelling from distance that day would have been a bad call, but there was a certain lack of respect shown towards the ground staff in my opinion.

St.Sinner
Re: A big Thanks
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 12:33
Who disrespected the ground staff ?

ajack
ajack (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 12:57
With a name like yours you just had to post something like that*

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 13:20
Quote:
St.Sinner

The saints Facebook page made for some interesting reading!

Whilst many applauded the efforts by staff and fans for getting the match played, a number of people thought the match shouldn't have been played as it was too dangerous to get to the ground.

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 13:31
I have read a number of posts saying thankyou on the various threads.

Former Hollywood Saint
05 March, 2018 13:33
Quote:
St.Sinner

The team? *

Yeah I agree with Ted. People around me thought that we should have left it and just cancelled the game. In hindsight that would have been the less painful, toastier approach to the weekend.

FHS

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 15:50
I doubt anyone would have said that if we'd won the game

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 16:14
Quote:
fair_weather_fan
As no-one seems to have done it properly, I would like to say a big thank you to all the saints staff that helped get the ground ready for Saturday and any fans that came down to help clear snow on Saturday morning.

Hear, hear. From inside the ground you'd barely have known that it had snowed in the preceding days. Well done to everyone who pulled together and got the snow cleared.

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Rayvon
Rayvon (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 19:32
I’d reiterate what fwf & Matthew have said-top effort from all those who got the game on. Those who couldn’t get there have my total sympathy but if it had been postponed until Sunday, some who did go may not have been able to get there the day after due to other commitments so the attendance may have been just as sparse. It would also have meant 1 less recovery day before what could potentially be our most important game of the season so far on Friday.

The biggest cheer of the game came when a slab of ice/snow came crashing down from the roof of the Tetley stand-(hard)hats off to whoever had taped the area off before hand.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net