rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

HungryLikeTheWolf
Competition Prize Money
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 14:47
Does anyone have any idea how much teams are awarded for progression in the cup competitions, winning the AP, finishing higher in the table etc?

In football thatís all incremental albeit exponential for champs league etc

I am trying to suss out the impact of under performance from a revenue perspective and canít seem to find much info

MESSAGES->author
Re: Competition Prize Money
higgy365 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 17:18
My understanding is that PRL split monies pretty equally, to frustration of bigger clubs, but the smaller clubs vote together in their interests.

Anecdotally the LV Cup was said to be worth more in terms of prize money than the Champions Cup! I donít recall specific amounts being made public for either though.

HungryLikeTheWolf
05 March, 2018 17:31
Yes Iíd heard that mentioned a few times too

Thank you for taking the time to reply

Eif Jones
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 17:40
But its no longer the LV Cup and it would be fair to assume that no sponsor equals less prize money.

twsaint
twsaint (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 17:50
last year's AW money was

Pool winners £19500 +VAT

Semi winners £20,000 +VAT

Losing finalist £10,000 + VAT

Winner £31,000 + VAT

Peanuts

Pay your own expenses. Semis gate receipts all to home club. Lose an away semi and your own yer bike.

Team selection full metal jacket I say.

HungryLikeTheWolf
05 March, 2018 17:51
Any idea on prem or champions cup ?

ajack
ajack (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 08:19
The premiership used to be split equally apart from the team relegated and promoted who split one amount. The champions cup was again I believe split between English teams if an English team won, Wasps were actually complaining it cost money to win the European cup. Not sure if either is still true today and obviously there are other benefits in winning.

HungryLikeTheWolf
08 March, 2018 18:18
Thank you Ajack.... seems a strange system but I guess it attempts to limit the ability of teams to dominate for multiple years

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net