rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

MESSAGES->author
The Chron agrees with many posters on here
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 15:24
[www.northamptonchron.co.uk]

I recon he may have picked up some of the article from message on here, although i would think most Saintly ones thought the same.

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

inaruck
Re: The Chron agrees with many posters on here
inaruck (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 15:59
Regardless of the sport (it's particularly ubiquitous in football though) journalists consistently use Fan Forums as the basis of stories (I say that as a former journalist). Remember, you only have one set of eyes but tracking fan forums gives you thousands of eyes, most of which are far more intimate and familiar with the subject under the microscope. I would be surprised only if the Chronicle wasn't trawling this forum for input. Most club owners/administrators also read Fan Forums avidly, for what it's worth.

Jimbob999
Jimbob999 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 19:58
What a disgrace Gaffney is!!! disgusting to place blame on North just to take the spotlight off his teams pathetic performance. He needs to grow a pair and take some responsibility for his own poor decisions!

Saintalex
Saintalex (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 20:11
Jimbob are you serious???

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 20:15
Quote:
Saintalex
Jimbob are you serious???

1 post registered today. I wouldn’t bother.

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 20:52
Quote:
Jimbob999
What a disgrace Gaffney is!!! disgusting to place blame on North just to take the spotlight off his teams pathetic performance. He needs to grow a pair and take some responsibility for his own poor decisions!

LOL

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 21:17
He must be one of those Cobblers escapees who turned up at FG on Saturday owing to their match at Blackpool being off !

Hantsaintsrus4
Hantsaintsrus4 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 08:38
It is not the players. We have the players to be at least top six. It is years of poor coaching.

herbie85
herbie85 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 12:10
Quote:
Hantsaintsrus4
It is not the players. We have the players to be at least top six. It is years of poor coaching.

Not sure I completely agree with this. The players are part of the problem, not completely exempt from it. Poor coaching, selection/development/recruitment and structure are likely contributions, but the players have under performed for years now.

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 13:36
Quote:
herbie85
Quote:
Hantsaintsrus4

Not sure I completely agree with this. The players are part of the problem, not completely exempt from it. Poor coaching, selection/development/recruitment and structure are likely contributions, but the players have under performed for years now.

Absolutely - we normally hear of teams being described as the sum of their parts far exceeding the individual abilities, yet for saints its the reverse.

We have the players (well, we had) so unless they have lost most of their form, they are still able to reach the desired levels of fitness and ability. So to see them playing so badly as a unit means that they either dont get on as a group (prima donna syndrome), they are coached badly or they simply dont put into practice what they do on the training field. Most likely its a bit of all 3.

What i find staggering is that with players of the likes of Wood, Horne, Day, Gibson, Burrell and Foden, we seem totally incapable of adapting to the opposition until half-time. Why cant an international standard player not spot what is going on and adapt? That, i would have thought, would be a pre-requisite for being an international.

We coach our 9's to adapt to the opposition, to target the big guy with double tackles and to cut the space for the fast guy, to attack holes and to get the ball to players on the move, not standing still - this is the basic basics of rugby, and they get it, so why not a 30-cap international?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net