rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Saint Ted
Official Club Statement: G North
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 13:38
The club have spoken

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2018 16:06 by Saint Ted.

Walks11
Club Statement on George
Walks11 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 13:37
[www.northamptonsaints.co.uk]

All fair enough and glad a line has been drawn under it.

Walks11
Re: Official statrement RE: G North
Walks11 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 13:42
That was an incredibly quick thread merge Ted, great work thumbs down

twsaint
Re: Official Club Statement: G North
twsaint (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 08:01
A lot of people who had a lot to say on this story are now very quiet. As usual, people were shooting their mouths off without the facts.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 08:03
Pleasantly surprised to see this resolved. I thought it may not be but he is our best wing and we need our best players playing.

Hantsaintsrus4
Hantsaintsrus4 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 08:29
Quote:
twsaint
A lot of people who had a lot to say on this story are now very quiet. As usual, people were shooting their mouths off without the facts.

I didn't have anything to say on this story but I absolutely defend those who did, from every viewpoint. It is not for you to dissuade them from posting their opinions.

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 08:35
As long as they dont wrap them up as "facts".

GOD
Saintsby (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 09:24
Sensibly all parties meet face to face have a sensible discussion and the matter is resolved in a proffesional businesslike way, line drawn. Welcome back George nice one (again) Mr Darbon. Lets move on and maybe just maybe a little higher for pride sake. Then bring on next season after a nice summer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/03/2018 12:29 by Bob Stainsby.

twsaint
twsaint (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 09:28
[quote BrianB]As long as they dont wrap them up as "facts".[/quote

Exactly.

Hantsaintsrus4
Hantsaintsrus4 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 09:29
Quote:
BrianB
As long as they dont wrap them up as "facts".

Elephant guns are noisy- fact.... Silencers are available- fact So elephant guns are not noisy- fact or are they? Ben is on £980,000 fact or not?
George North let himself and the club down.

oldtoastersaint
oldtoastersaint (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 09:42
Presumably he paid a fine.

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 09:53
Nah, as punishment we're going to tell him not to move in from the wing and then not get the ball out there for the next 5 matches*

ch saint
ch saint (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 10:33
Punishment Ted is something other than normal, so it would be the opposite of what you suggest*

BletchleySaint
Saint (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 17:55
His punishment is to play for the Saints when he clearly thinks its below him.

But at least tow the party line to get someone / anyone in Wales to give him a game next season.

(Sm157)

taffman
taffman (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 19:12
Quote:
Hantsaintsrus4
George North let himself and the club down.

is that a 'fact' or an opinion? there's always the view that the club let GN down!

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 19:32
Did you read the statement Sainttaff?

taffman
taffman (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 19:41
Quote:
Saint Ted
Did you read the statement Sainttaff?

yep .. i did! it was bland and non-commital! which suggests that there's the possibility that gaffney got it wrong!

anyway .. with 5 games to go! most of which have no bearing on the season, it's a dead rubber debate!

with any luck, next year, may see the saints back line actually pass the ball to the wing!

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 19:46
Quote:
From the offy
George accepts the disciplinary action we have taken

If Gaffney got it wrong, why did North get disciplined then?

taffman
taffman (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 20:00
Quote:
Saint Ted
Quote:
From the offy
George accepts the disciplinary action we have taken

If Gaffney got it wrong, why did North get disciplined then?

"allegedly" ..... sometimes there's mileage in issuing an agreed statement, to give the impression that the situation has been 'dealt with' .. and both sides move fwd privately without 'repercussions'.

JohnI
JohnI (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 20:39
I donít think itís Ďallegedí if the club make a formal statement to the press and publish in the public domain saying that things have been sorted???

George, Alan Gaffney, Alan Dickens and myself had a set of constructive meetings on his return to the club on Monday,Ē said Saintsí Chief Executive Mark Darbon.

ďGeorge accepts the disciplinary action we have taken

Thatís the chief executive speaking And confirming not Gaffney.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 21:11
Bit of head in the sand reaction above

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 21:24
A bit of latrine duty

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 22:53
So George (the silence spoke volumes) failed to turn up for training, did not play against Sale when fit and available, has been disciplined and accepted the outcome yet somehow there are those who still fail to accept George he was in the wrong. Even Walesonline stopped making things up after yesterdays announcement.!!!

Eif Jones
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 01:19
Saints had no option but to 'discipline' North having made it such a public issue. Result, mountain out of a mole hill, next time, use a telephone and speak to him before going public. I believe the politicians call it a 'dead cat' i.e. create another talking point rather than dwell on the fact that a game was lost.

oldtoastersaint
oldtoastersaint (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 09:17
You seem to be saying Eif, correct me if I'm wrong, if George had played against Sale it would have made no difference to the result? That's quite a condemnation of a player with North's ability!

Minor point the row had erupted before the game was even played, hence the need for an 'excuse' had not yet materialised! Truly 'dead cat' thinking has overwhelmed your more usual 'critical' thinking Eif.I truly hope George plays some blinders for us in what remains of the season and leaves us with his head held high, don't you?.

BletchleySaint
Saint (IP Logged)
22 March, 2018 10:36
Quote:
Eif Jones
Saints had no option but to 'discipline' North having made it such a public issue. Result, mountain out of a mole hill, next time, use a telephone and speak to him before going public. I believe the politicians call it a 'dead cat' i.e. create another talking point rather than dwell on the fact that a game was lost.

How do you know they didn't try to and got no response ?

As an employee it would be George's responsibility to inform his employers of his location.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net