rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board




MESSAGES->author
Officially Safe
St Jerome (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 15:49
At last... LI 5 Exeter 45



St Jerome

A Supporter not a Moaner - according to the OSB definition!

 
SaintsAsh
Re: Officially Safe
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 15:52
We have been safe for ages tongue sticking out smiley

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: Officially Safe
St Jerome (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 15:54
Yes, but now it is official.



St Jerome

A Supporter not a Moaner - according to the OSB definition!

 
Walks11
Re: Officially Safe
Walks11 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 15:57
Iím sure those with their glass permanently bone dry will concoct some reason why could still be relegated.

Irish needed to beat us to realistically stand a chance of dragging us into it. Wuss have another week of the doom and gloomers questioning their survival.

 
HungryLikeTheWolf
Re: Officially Safe
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 15:59
theyíre currently busy filing through our team sheets to find an ineligibile player resulting in points docked

 
Saint Ted
Re: Officially Safe
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 16:03
I just donít get why this is such a big point for some posters.

Yes it was highly highly unlikely we were going to be relegated.

But, up until a few minutes ago, mathematically it could have still happened, now it can not, much as the chances were so low, some people like to know for sure, nothing at all wrong with that

I donít think anybody thought it would, but they were correct, it could have still happened

I donít go wandering round scared that I might get struck by lightning, but there is a chance it could happen

 
SaintsAsh
Re: Officially Safe
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 16:06
Saint Ted my reply was a joke hence the smiley thing at the end. I was worried that Irish might have managed a miracle. I am relieved smiling smiley

 
Walks11
Re: Officially Safe
Walks11 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 17:11
Quote:
Saint Ted
I just donít get why this is such a big point for some posters.
Yes it was highly highly unlikely we were going to be relegated.

But, up until a few minutes ago, mathematically it could have still happened, now it can not, much as the chances were so low, some people like to know for sure, nothing at all wrong with that

I donít think anybody thought it would, but they were correct, it could have still happened

I donít go wandering round scared that I might get struck by lightning, but there is a chance it could happen

I bet you donít keep mentioning your chances of getting hit by lightening though. If Irish run in had been slightly different I could have understood it but suddenly expecting them to beat the top 3 teams was one after the other was as impossible as you can get

 
SuffolkSaint
Re: Officially Safe
SuffolkSaint (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 17:19
Maybe now we can give a game or two to some youngsters like Grayson, Mitchell and Ludlam.

Have a feeling we wonít though!

 
andysaint
Re: Officially Safe
andysaint (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 17:22
I am relieved more so after yesterday than today. Whilst unlikely, you never know what can happen in sport and we have played several games this season which has been relegation form.

 
twsaint
Re: Officially Safe
twsaint (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 17:25
It's a bit of a broken record SS.

Mitchell did his bit yesterday after Reinach's impressive performance. Myler had a word in his ear in the celebration. Nice touch.

Grayson and Ludlam will have another chance on Wednesday v the Army.

 
tedge
Re: Officially Safe
tedge (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 17:30
I banged on quite a lot about the statistical possibility of being relegated but never did I say I thought we would be. My point concerned the approach of the coaches and that I thought they would select conservatively until we could't be relegated. Even yesterday's team selection was forced on them by injuries. We might see one or two younger players in for the last two games - but don't count on it.

 
tboullem
Re: Officially Safe
Houghton Saint (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 17:44
I imagine that Smyler told Alex to enjoy the moment as Saints victories at Welford Road don't come around too often......yes, a nice touch indeed.

 
Happywifehappylife
Re: Officially Safe
Happywifehappylife (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 22:58
Ah......relax, at least I can focus on developing my tan now

Oh wait a mo....

 
oldtoastersaint
Re: Officially Safe
oldtoastersaint (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 08:59
I wonder if Irish are now regretting their, to my mind, extraordinary decision to loan their international no 8 Blair Cowan to Saracens?


It must have have been sanctioned by the RFU of course but now this is legally established for one individual a legal case, using Blair Cowan as a precedent, could certainly made for expanding the number of loans. To point out the absolute absurdity of this ethically debatable practice, what would stop Irish from loaning 23 players from Exeter and vice versa Exeter fielding 23 from Irish for the last two games, particularly since Exeter are already guaranteed a home semi? The RFU should reverse this pronto,if swops are to be allowed mid-season the player must be properly transferred under contract for the rest of the season, I'm sure Worcester fans would agree particularly if they were to lose their last two games.

 
ajack
Re: Officially Safe
ajack (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 10:02
Not sure you can just loan people as you like I thought there was some protocol allowed to cover long term injurie, but i could be wrong. I really struggle to understand people concerned about the mathematical probability of us getting relegated, now I must remember to check my lottery ticket.

 
SuffolkSaint
Re: Officially Safe
SuffolkSaint (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 10:22
RFU regulation 14- the loan cut off date for the Premiership was 23rd March.

A player can however be transferred back to his parent club after this date.

Quote:
oldtoastersaint
I wonder if Irish are now regretting their, to my mind, extraordinary decision to loan their international no 8 Blair Cowan to Saracens?

It must have have been sanctioned by the RFU of course but now this is legally established for one individual a legal case, using Blair Cowan as a precedent, could certainly made for expanding the number of loans. To point out the absolute absurdity of this ethically debatable practice, what would stop Irish from loaning 23 players from Exeter and vice versa Exeter fielding 23 from Irish for the last two games, particularly since Exeter are already guaranteed a home semi? The RFU should reverse this pronto,if swops are to be allowed mid-season the player must be properly transferred under contract for the rest of the season, I'm sure Worcester fans would agree particularly if they were to lose their last two games.

 
Christoff
Re: Officially Safe
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 13:32
Surely we weren't reliant on Irish losing yesterday. Winning at WR sealed it for ourselves or am I wrong? Took until game 20 out of 22 to sort it. Still everyone can relax now. I'm sure Wuss will be right up to beat us. They may have to.

 
tedge
Re: Officially Safe
tedge (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:26
Quote:
smitferbrainz
Surely we weren't reliant on Irish losing yesterday. Winning at WR sealed it for ourselves or am I wrong? Took until game 20 out of 22 to sort it. Still everyone can relax now. I'm sure Wuss will be right up to beat us. They may have to.

If Irish had won with a bonus point they could in theory have overtaken us through the last two matches. Wuss need 1 point from their home match with Quins to be safe


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?