rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Dumpling
Russia go to World Cup
15 May, 2018 18:22
According to the BBC Spain, Romania and Belgium have been deducted points after the recent player eligibility investigation and so Russia go through.

Is the lesson “don’t complain or we will find a rule that you have broken”.

Scrummy
Re: Russia go to World Cup
Scrummy (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 21:12
Well it looks like Rugby Europe really messed up with their allocation of officials for the Belgium v Spain match despite a protest from Spain, and their eligibility processes appear less than robust
What has happened about the woeful performance of the Romanian referee?
I feel sorry for the Spanish team.

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 21:42
Convenient for the rugby authorities that they don't have to address the officiating head on.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 22:27
Cock up all round

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 07:56
It's entirely possible that the officials have been dealt with quietly - it might not be until the next set of games are played that you'll see whether the ref is still getting fixtures of a similar status.

MESSAGES->author
serious_saint (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 08:16
I don’t think dealing quietly with the ref would be good enough really. There’s an allegation of match fixing here which extends beyond just the ref. I do hope that the authoritees don’t think they can brush the matter under the carpet. I’d like to see them spend as much time and energy persuing the alledged match fixers as they’ve spent unearthing these ineligible players. Some hope though!

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 09:02
To believe that Rugby is free from corruption and match fixing is naive. Cricket, Football, Snooker, boxing and cycling all have issues they are trying to stamp down on. Its not often so obvious as fixing a result, more controlling small aspects of a match but I dont think there is a sport in the world that does not attract betting and when that happens people will always look for an advantage.

The right thing to do is come down hard on anyone involved, no matter how high it goes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net