rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

acl saint
What are we like????
acl saint (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 09:06
Reading all the posts and comments this week while soaking up the sun in Ibiza,I can’t help but notice what, who and why things are commented on.
Haskell 100+ posts
Jamie’s nomination 18
Dan Biggar post 4
An uplifting story regarding Tom Young’s wife, very few comments.
We are a rugby family at the end of the day and one of the only sports where after a game you can have a friendly chat with your opponents over a beer, shake hands and wish each other “all the best”.
I wish things were more evenly balanced.
That’s all .

herbie85
Re: What are we like????
herbie85 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 09:13
It's a rugby site, with 18 comments on the Tom Young's piece. It's one that generally won't have discussion on it, as let's be honest the consensus will be that it's great news that his wife is in remission after what was reported as a terminal illness. I don't think there will be any contrasting view points on that one. The Haskell thread will have many view points and multiple posts by people.

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 09:28
There's only 27 posts about the Youngs family on the Leicester site. So 18 on here isn't that bad

LeicesterSaint
LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 09:52
I think Herbie has hit the nail on the head - the Youngs' news is clearly positive, I know many have tweeted Tom or similar in response instead of the message board he likely won't ever see (that's no slight on those that did comment here btw).

However the Haskell signing has loads to discuss so created good debate which is kinda the point of this board surely?.....

I would point out more generally though that the rugby related posts tend to get more discussion when we've lost or played badly than when we've won - I suppose that's partly because there's more to dissect and partly because we're British (or I would assume so for the majority) and love a good moan!

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 10:37
With respect, despite posting on TY thread

Sir/Madam, please stop with the moral police BS. People can read or post whatever they want... let’s all queue up and make sure we post on empathetic threads instead of just rugby threads?

99% of northamptonians are bloody nice people, we all have a solid moral compass. Leave the virtue signalling for your family and friends please, who the hell do you think you are.

Thanks

Hantsaintsrus4
Hantsaintsrus4 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 10:44
Sorry your stuck in Ibiza acl, your missing some lovely weather here. By not posting none of us are any less delighted with the Youngs news.
From now until just before the season starts any posts will be welcome to ease my rugby withdrawal symptons.
Have a great holiday!

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 10:55
Maybe we want to talk about rugby players & not cancer.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Saint Jericho
Saint Jericho (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 11:01
I posted direct on the Leicester Tigers thread on Twitter. Didn't feel the need to repeat myself on here on the off chance someone was keeping note of how many posts there were. Doesn't make me any less delighted by TY's family's great news.

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 13:13
I will never get the hang of this social media malarkey.

First, Your opinion doesn't count if you haven't made sufficient posts.
Second, You are allowed to have an opinion unless someone disagrees with you.
Third, If you have nothing to add to a post, you must still post to say you have nothing to add.
Fourth, Be careful not to post the wrong kind of post.
Fifth, Are you a happy clapper or a righteous moaner
Sixth, Are you taking this all a bit too seriously.
Seventh, If the answer to six above is yes, get someone close to you to pour water over your keyboard.
Life is too short.

rugbymel
rugbymel (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 13:16
A thought for every day. (Sm115)

Sadsaint
Sadsaint (IP Logged)
19 May, 2018 12:01
I agree. I could send 24 hours a day criticising people’s behaviour. Then I realise in an age of social media and 24 hour media we can know so much than we used to. Live and let live.

Dumpling
20 May, 2018 14:08
Quote:
rugbymel
A thought for every day. (Sm115)

Some people on here could have a day for every thought and still have the weekend free.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net