The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

MESSAGES->author
Premiership dream team
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 13:34
The chron has this on it,
[www.northamptonchron.co.uk]

Both Jamie and Rob Horne in the team.
Is interesting to note that I cant see a Sarries player in it?

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

TringSaint
Re: Premiership dream team
TringSaint (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 14:05
Collectively, sarries are one hell of a unit. Individually, however, they are not stellar and many have been underperforming this year as individuals

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 14:19
Simplified for the sake of argument, Sarries are a team of 9.5 out of 10s across the board and the dream team has picked the 10 out of 10s? The lack of internationals is also noticeable - maybe not catching the eye in the AP because they've been away with their countries?

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Lamont4Saints
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 16:19
Disagree with that entirely, Mako, Brits, Itoje, Billy, Farrell, Williams are all 10/10s.

The problem this year has been injury and player fatigue after the lions.

MESSAGES->author
SaintMaul (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 17:42
Quote:
Lamont4Saints
Disagree with that entirely, Mako, Brits, Itoje, Billy, Farrell, Williams are all 10/10s.
The problem this year has been injury and player fatigue after the lions.

Yep. The Lions drew against the best side in the world in New Zealand.

Sarries have 6 Test Lions plus Billy V who would have been bar injury. So these are some of the very best players in the world.

Unsurprisingly looking jaded after a Lions tour. But form is temporary and class is permanent as they say!

lost in duston
lost in duston (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 18:14
I canít blummin stand Williams, but he is a Fantastic rugby player

Saint Mulc
Saint Mulc (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 20:38
Quote:
lost in duston
I canít blummin stand Williams, but he is a Fantastic rugby player

I can't stand Liam Williams. He is undoubtedly a very talented player but ever since I've watched him for Wales or his club sides he has always led with shoulders, elbows to the head or knees into the backs of players as they are diving over the try line. Just watch how many cheap shots he takes diving late onto an opposing player after they have scored a try.
I believe he cost Wales a victory or at least a draw against New Zealand or Australia when he illegally tackled his opponent near the touchline. The referee awarded a penalty try. The try levelled the scores the resulting conversion under the posts won the game. I hoped he'd learn from that. But from what I've seen since, he hasn't. Pity because as I've stated earlier I believe he is very talented.

Eif Jones
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 01:00
Saint Mulc, I thought you were writing about Dallaglio.

Pete@Sale
Barend (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 07:03
[url=http://[www.youtube.com]]Liam Williamsí Cheap Shot cost them an away win in South Africa[/url]

Saint Mulc
Saint Mulc (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 08:56
Thanks Barend my mistake it was the incident against South Africa. I got it wrong twice as it happens. The try would still have left them trailing by one point, not levelled the scores as I stated. SA would have been left with an extremely difficult conversion attempt to deny Wales a very rare victory versus Southern hemisphere opposition. If he concentrated on a legal tackle he may well have prevented a try being scored at all instead of gifting the game to SA.
Eif, no I wasn't confused with Lol. He certainly isn't my cup of tea but I never recall him costing my national team victory with his act of stupidity. My selective memory perhaps?

LeicesterSaint
LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 12:48
Oh come on Eif, at least try for a more recent example of an England player being worse, Dayglo hasn't played since you last made a positive comment about Saints!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net