MESSAGES->author
Gloucester rebranding
Flook (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 15:00

Saintlyg
Re: Gloucester rebranding
Saintlyg (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 15:35
Seems it is throwing good money after bad to me personally.

Christoff
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 15:59
Horrible. Much prefer the old one, I'm sure most Glos supporters will too.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 16:02
All tattoos are horrible - discuss [:wor kid:]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2018 16:04 by tedge.

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 16:54
I like it. Its not like their old one has a huge amount of history to it.

And the Tattoo bit is good PR and is not likely to cost them a huge amount.

I do not however want ours to change, it has been tweaked but is still quite original.

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 17:08
It would not be the first time that the marketing people at Castle Grim have tried to jazz things up and failed miserably. Traditional supporters the Tractor boys, and they can smell bulls**t.

Merlin-k
Merlin-k (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 17:44
is it just my ageing eyes, or does it look very similar to the Tigers logo now?

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 17:50
International revenues increasingly important

Makes sense

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 17:50
That was my first thought Merlin

TheGent
TheGent (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 18:23
I love our crest and would never ever want it replaced but I wish we would do away with our 'modern alternative' stickman logo. It looks like someone pulled it straight out of clip art.

Waggydog
Waggydog (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 18:29
Quote:
TheGent
I love our crest and would never ever want it replaced but I wish we would do away with our 'modern alternative' stickman logo. It looks like someone pulled it straight out of clip art.

I really like our stickman logo. I've even got one on my car!

TheGent
TheGent (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 18:38
Quote:
Waggydog
Quote:
TheGent

I really like our stickman logo. I've even got one on my car!

To each their own!

I might be in the minority smiling smiley

St Saltaire
St Saltaire (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 18:43
Hands off the stickman! I think he’s great - we are lucky in having a very old and renowned crest and a modern, easily recognised supplementary logo .

Saintly Pursuit
Saintly Pursuit (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 18:46
Modern??? It's "borrowed" from the 60's TV series The Saint

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Saint_titlecard.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2018 18:47 by Saintly Pursuit.

Hantsaintsrus4
Hantsaintsrus4 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 19:33
When I were a lad the fair coming to town was fantastic. You had to pay to go into booths to see the tattooed lady and the fat lady. Either are now available free at a supermarket near you.
I don't understand the 'back to the jungle' look. Fluid gender persons covered in orange woad and full war paint, blimey I would fight anyone once but these frighten me.
Anything that makes my ticket cheaper is a good idea.

MESSAGES->author
Saint Piran (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 20:35
Re the Stick Man, here's something from the archives that some might find interesting Stick Man thread from a few years back

Personally I like it and think its a marketing opportunity not made enough of. Have the silver little car stick man on my car over here in Finland, reminds me of home.

As for the tractor boys' rebrand, I'm in the "looks like Tigers" camp. What is it? Who are Gloucester now - Gloucester Leopards / Cheetahs / Pumas / 'insert wild cat name here'?

FETHY PO FYLIEL AN GWARRY HA TRA NAHEN

St Saltaire
St Saltaire (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 00:08
SP - I meant modern for us - and unfortunately I’m old enough to have watched The Saint the first time around.

MESSAGES->author
Flook (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 05:51
Quote:
Hantsaintsrus4
When I were a lad the fair coming to town was fantastic. You had to pay to go into booths to see the tattooed lady and the fat lady. Either are now available free at a supermarket near you.

(Sm22)

Quite often you get a tattooed fat lady too, is that a bargain or a saving?

Quote:
tedge
All tattoos are horrible - discuss

I agree, cannot see why folks (especially Ladies) have them.

Many people have them done in haste,then regret decision for the rest of their lives.

Stevie Myler's right boot
18 May, 2018 06:06
This will be the first step, next will be addition of Lions to the name. With an American sponsor and pushing game in America Lions vs Bears or Tigers vs Saints is an easier marketing sell than Glos v Bristol or Leicester vs Northampton

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 08:06
Gloucester were very emphatic that they were not calling themselves Lions - mentioned a couple of times at the launch of the new logo.

Corkst
Corkst (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 08:12
Quote:
Saint Piran
Re the Stick Man, here's something from the archives that some might find interesting Stick Man thread from a few years back
Personally I like it and think its a marketing opportunity not made enough of. Have the silver little car stick man on my car over here in Finland, reminds me of home.

As for the tractor boys' rebrand, I'm in the "looks like Tigers" camp. What is it? Who are Gloucester now - Gloucester Leopards / Cheetahs / Pumas / 'insert wild cat name here'?

Sorry to go O/T but I'm in Helsinki for work next week - are there any "must sees" while I'm there?
Thanks.

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 09:07
I realise the question was Aimed at Saint Piran but ....

If you like Gin and/or Steam punk then Steam Hellsinki is worth a night out :-) HERE

Try the Reindeer, its very tasty.

Corkst
Corkst (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 09:59
Quote:
Duckonstilts
I realise the question was Aimed at Saint Piran but ....
If you like Gin and/or Steam punk then Steam Hellsinki is worth a night out :-) HERE

Try the Reindeer, its very tasty.

I have no idea what steam punk is but I do like the odd gin!
Thank you.

MESSAGES->author
Saint Piran (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 10:18
Corkst - my top three would be:

Loyly waterside public sauna, bar and restaurant (pronounced 'lowlu'). Good for a bit of Finnish cuture.

Suomenlinna 18th century sea fortress - built on the small archipelago a short ferry trip from Helsinki harbour. Good for a bit of Finish history.

and last but not least, "The Red Beer Tram" - basically a working tram turned into a restaurant / bar that takes you around the city's sights while you sit back and enjoy the ride, food and beer! tripadvisor reviews here

And I'd agree with Duck - reindeer is worth a try and will be on virtually every menu in the city's many good restaurants.

Sadly, you will probably miss Helsinki RFC's upcoming 2 home games - on 19th May and 9 June but rugby.fi is where you'll find details if needed.

Have fun or "kippis" as they say ("cheers" in Finnish)

Corkst
Corkst (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 12:04
Quote:
Saint Piran
Corkst - my top three would be:
Loyly waterside public sauna, bar and restaurant (pronounced 'lowlu'). Good for a bit of Finnish cuture.

Suomenlinna 18th century sea fortress - built on the small archipelago a short ferry trip from Helsinki harbour. Good for a bit of Finish history.

and last but not least, "The Red Beer Tram" - basically a working tram turned into a restaurant / bar that takes you around the city's sights while you sit back and enjoy the ride, food and beer! tripadvisor reviews here

And I'd agree with Duck - reindeer is worth a try and will be on virtually every menu in the city's many good restaurants.

Sadly, you will probably miss Helsinki RFC's upcoming 2 home games - on 19th May and 9 June but rugby.fi is where you'll find details if needed.

Have fun or "kippis" as they say ("cheers" in Finnish)

Thanks very much for that - they all sound good.

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 13:43
[quote Flook][quote=Hantsaintsrus4]

Many people have them done in haste,then regret decision for the rest of their lives.[/quote]

many people don't!

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 14:45
[quote Saint Stokey][quote Flook][quote=Hantsaintsrus4]

Many people have them done in haste,then regret decision for the rest of their lives.[/quote]

many people don't![/quote]

Don't what - have them done or regret having them done ?

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 19:02
Quote:
shendy
Gloucester were very emphatic that they were not calling themselves Lions - mentioned a couple of times at the launch of the new logo.

Clearly the lions as a club name is already spoken for. How about Civets or Ocelots? Thought not.

Hollywood JK
Hollywood JK (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 21:51
Poor old Gloucester supporters, it’s absolutely dreadful!!

I agree with a few comments here, just like Leicester Tigers!!

Also, what’s the point of a new logo, who are they trying to attract!!

Message to our board and marketing bods, if Saints ever do something similar, I.e. axe part of our proud history, and our identity, then I will end my association....

Not every change is for the best!

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
19 May, 2018 08:38
Hollywood

+1

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
19 May, 2018 09:44
No you won’t, you will all still attend if the emblem is changed or there is re marketing

Manchester United have changed their emblem about 4 times, the current badge bears zero resemblance to their Busby era one. They’re the most supported sports franchise on the planet ?

Sadsaint
Sadsaint (IP Logged)
19 May, 2018 11:52
Agree but they are everywhere and women have taken to them. The only tattoos I saw as a kid were on uncles who served in WW2.

MESSAGES->author
Saint Piran (IP Logged)
20 May, 2018 23:29
Quote:
Wilson Pickett
No you won’t, you will all still attend if the emblem is changed or there is re marketing
Manchester United have changed their emblem about 4 times, the current badge bears zero resemblance to their Busby era one. They’re the most supported sports franchise on the planet ?

Really? Zero resemblance?
The changes are minimal over the past 60 years plus:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/13/d5/1a/13d51adfa9b8bfc010bf2b791e8e1307.jpg

Especially when compared to the change from this
https://i2-prod.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/incoming/article1462976.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Gloucester-Logo.jpg

To this
https://d2cx26qpfwuhvu.cloudfront.net/gloucester/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/10164318/G002-2562-Gloucester-Rugby-Brand-Launch-Ad-2000x1140px-AW-757x426.jpg

But why let facts get in the way?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net