rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

fleetg
If you could sign ....
fleetg (IP Logged)
09 June, 2018 23:48
a further 3 players to complete the 18/19 squad who would you go for ?
Just a bit of fun so money, current contact situation, history with Saints etc... not an issue.
I think we need an 8, outside centre and winger (capable of full back) so would plump for Picamoles (just class), Gary Ringrose and Ben Smith.

ramseysaint
Re: If you could sign ....
ramseysaint (IP Logged)
10 June, 2018 02:04
Mike Brown, Mike Brown, Mike Brown*

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
10 June, 2018 05:25
Kieran Reid, Wesley Fofana, Mako Vunipola.

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
10 June, 2018 06:36
Billy Vunipola 8 , Radrada 13
Mako Vunipola 1.

Former Hollywood Saint
10 June, 2018 08:31
Vaea Fifita as a back row/lock, Vince Aso as a centre and Damien McKenzie or Jordie Barrett as a full back. I think we're ok for props but if pushed - Ellis Genge. I can't count, I know.

If I was feeling particularly malicious and masochistic I would welcome Mike Brown, Owen Farrell and Izzy Folau. They'd go down well with supporters, I think. If only they got royal wedding invites too... *

FHS

Saint Jericho
Saint Jericho (IP Logged)
10 June, 2018 09:19
Keiran Read, Rieko Ioane and Eben Etzebeth.

MESSAGES->author
Saint.Kenneth (IP Logged)
10 June, 2018 10:53
Itoje, George and Farrell.....because they are the best players in the world, or so Iíve heard ad nauseum from every journo, pundit and commentator for the last 3 years!!

*note to any Sarries supporter.... yes Iím being facetious, they are damned good players, just get sick and tired of journalists and pundits jumping on the same bandwagon due to their own lack of knowledge and opinion. There are some fine rugby writers but then we are let down by the likes of Chris Jones, Sonya McLaughlan, Lee McKenzie and Dan Roan..... all the BBCís finest.

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
10 June, 2018 18:31
I would love to see Saints sign the world's best hooker ( one Jamie George ) as we need another penalty machine.......incidentally, is there any news of where Keiran Brookes is off to for next season ?

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
10 June, 2018 22:31
Lam
Bateman
Reihana

Flapjack
Flapjack (IP Logged)
10 June, 2018 23:22
3 players from South Africa could have quickly fixed all our woes-
When I (rightly) pointed out our recruitment was (and is) poor someone demanded a list of potential replacements we could sign.
Ruan Dreyer eventually joined Gloucester
Carl Wegner & Reniel Hugo eventually joined Toyota Verblitz in Japan.

They were all attainable, Wenger & Hugo were both in the country for most of it with the Cheetahs, unfortunately Saints recruitment remains poorly structured, organised & seemingly reliant on emails of agents offering players rather than actually chasing targets. But don't worry, Mr Haskell fixes everything.

HungryLikeTheWolf
11 June, 2018 00:50
indeed, who was the last top relatively unknown SH signing that was a big success?

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 08:37
Gary Pagel

HungryLikeTheWolf
11 June, 2018 10:46
matt lord was a goodíun for a total unknown... but yeah itís been pretty slim pickings

Flapjack
Flapjack (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 12:14
The wanton need and desire for star players has been a critical element in the downfall of the club. Instead of bringing in players who may be relative unknowns like Mr. Kruger or Mr. Mugati we've thrown money away on international players who are away for critical periods of the season & simply were not cost effective.

The three players I mentioned would all be affordable, especially given the amount of senior players the club eventually moved on. The issue again, one that I'm sorry, I'm not going to stop going on about until it is rectified, is the clubs woefully orchestrated recruitment policy.

HungryLikeTheWolf
11 June, 2018 12:47
Depressing

Dragonboy
Dragonboy (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 15:20
Quote:
Flapjack
The wanton need and desire for star players has been a critical element in the downfall of the club. Instead of bringing in players who may be relative unknowns like Mr. Kruger or Mr. Mugati we've thrown money away on international players who are away for critical periods of the season & simply were not cost effective.
The three players I mentioned would all be affordable, especially given the amount of senior players the club eventually moved on. The issue again, one that I'm sorry, I'm not going to stop going on about until it is rectified, is the clubs woefully orchestrated recruitment policy.
By rectified am I correct you mean recruited someone you champion? The club have admitted having problems and have been making positive steps to improve things. Board. Chairman. CEO. DOR. Coaches and shedding players who were not up to the standard we should aspire to. Our new DOR has already stated that he will be bringing more new players in after the World Cup when presumably contracts expire. He has also stated that he will give youth a chance and yet despite everything you still need to snipe and pick at scabs and do your utmost to find fault with something. It's all getting a bit tedious and I for one wish some of the negative posters on here here would give it a rest.

HungryLikeTheWolf
11 June, 2018 16:26
Maybe Flap knows the detail of how recruitment is conducted, the process, and if itís sub standard vs their clubs, where he may also know the process, then of course he has the right to say itís sub standard

As illustrated above. The output from SH non marquee players has been poor for a decade.

Swanfrog10
Swanfrog10 (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 17:30
I think i would have to plump for prop who is going to be a world class player for years to come in tadgh furlong

I am a huge fan of sam simmonds and think he is a very smart and strong ball carrier. Offers a lot around the park

Third would have to be someone who covers a lot of positons. Has a good boot. Speed. Hands. Eye for a gap. Born finisher
Elliot daly

St Marcus
St Marcus (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 20:18
I would go for signings at 1,8 and 13. Perhaps Genge, Read and Ringrose.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net