rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Saint Ted
Pre-season starts today
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 11:39
The boys are back at the gardens for the start of pre-season, good to see the new boss is here for the start of it

From Twitter

LeicesterSaint
Re: Pre-season starts today
LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 12:13
Didn't they all agree to start pre-season early so they could fit with his availability?

I see Fodes has also posted a gloat about not being at pre-season!

twsaint
twsaint (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 12:14
And rugby balls in evidence on the first day.

Eif Jones
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 17:36
Pre-season on June 11th, don't believe it, many internationals are away in the SH on post season. When are we going to hear from the Premiership Rugby Ltd boss? He moans because the likes of Adams and Francis are due to fly out with Wales to the USA and unlikely to play then says nothing about this. When I first read it I had to check my diary that it wasn't April Fools Day.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 18:20
Quote:
Eif Jones
Pre-season on June 11th, don't believe it, many internationals are away in the SH on post season. When are we going to hear from the Premiership Rugby Ltd boss? He moans because the likes of Adams and Francis are due to fly out with Wales to the USA and unlikely to play then says nothing about this. When I first read it I had to check my diary that it wasn't April Fools Day.

Ha-ha

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 19:30
Pity the poor Welshman again with the ever growing chip. Never mind Eify : you might be happy in your next life.

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 20:49
You know full well what's going on Eif - 2 weeks training with Boyd here.

MESSAGES->author
Saint.Kenneth (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 00:07
No need for the xenophobia. I shanít bleat on about it though!

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 13:14
What a welcoming bunch we are!!
L4S, just had an idea, rather than spouting anti-Welsh drivel on here, why donít you just PM Eif and spout off to him directly so that;

A - we donít have to read your incessant whining

B - that each thread doesnít get hijacked by the anti-Eif brigade

Alternatively ban Eif - although as many have stated on here, a lot of what he says is very valid and he has an incredibly good knowledge of the game.

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 13:41
Why does it bother you so much ? As you are well aware, Eif will have an anti English slant in almost all of his posts. As long as that continues, there is likely to be feedback !

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 14:40
Just wrote a long response to your question and then deleted it as i would be wasting my time trying to get my point across to people like L4S.

i will simply start posting anti-english comments back at all when someone posts a load of pro-english rubbish in the future - seems like the right thing to do if we are tarring everyone with the same brush!!

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 15:24
I haven't seen what was written, yes Eif has a Welsh bias but in his fairness, he throws insults at the RFU and other rugby bodies, not the English as a whole.

I'm assuming, yet again a poster has been throwing remarks around about the Welsh as a whole.

I'm getting bored of this, I haven't got time for dealing with these stupid comments, if I see anything from now on I'm just going to start banning people

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 15:40
Can't see anything on here from L4S nor can I see any anti-Welsh stuff but I do see people reacting to the blatant anti-English drivel repeatedly demonstrated by a certain poster who, I agree, COULD be quite readable at times if only he didn't let the negativity constantly creep in. I fear this will never happen which is why I limited my response to ha-ha - he rarely bothers to enter into sensible rugby discourse. Whether he is deliberately provocative is impossible to say but if he is it's extremely boring. If it's not deliberate he has my sympathy.

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 16:04
Back to the original point, here's some pictures from day 2...

Twitter

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 16:51

MESSAGES->author
Saint.Kenneth (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 16:59
tedge,

L4S's post looks like it has been deleted. Standard Welsh/Sheep jibe.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 17:22
Quote:
Saint.Kenneth
tedge,
L4S's post looks like it has been deleted. Standard Welsh/Sheep jibe.

Oh I see - I don't condone that kind of response at all

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 18:18
Spot on Tedge ; as you state his posts could be quite readable at times.
As it stands Eif's anti English constant jibes should expect to get some back. I am sure he can handle it !
If you are going to ban individuals from now on Saint Ted, I assume you mean Eif aswell rather than those that just give it back ?

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 18:23
Back to the main thread - I hope that starting so early doesnít mean we are over cooked come September. Itís a long hard season and the guys have had a tough time mentally and physically, so starting back in early June is giving them little time to rest and recuperate (unless I have missed something)

MESSAGES->author
Stockers (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 18:25
Eif can be very dismissive of us Scots at times as well.

I decided long ago to just ignore him.

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 18:35
Fair enough Stockers.
All I am saying is if Eif dishes it out he can expect it back as some of us choose to do.

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 19:17
If Eif ever does anything that goes against what Iíve said above heís inline to get banned same as everyone else.

There is however a massive difference between him calling out the rfu and any other English team, rugby governing body, itís no different to people calling out sarries/bath for their spending or jibes at Leicester for cheating.

What we generally get in response is personal insults directed at him or more global swipes at the Welsh in general, there is a difference

As I said in another thread, you find me a post by Eif that personally abuses another poster, causes offence to a bunch of people or bullyís anyone, then it will be dealt with in the same way as anyone else.

It just doesnít happen, he might be an excellent troll, he might be the most patriotic Welshman on the planet, I donít really care, the worst part of an Eif post is the 20 people who just snipe back, half the time not even reading the post and picking out the bits that are actually relevant. Heís been here a long time, half the people having a pop donít even know his history and have just jumped on a band wagon

My intention is to remove the wheels from this band wagon as this is another thread ruined with Eif bashing.

Itís simple donít like what he says, reply, with your take on the subject, or ignore it, coming back with sheep ****** or likewise will not be tolerated anymore, itís getting boring and itís insulting to the other Welsh posters.

I thought I made this clear the other day, it wonít be explained again.

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 19:18
Quote:
fleetg
Fair enough Stockers.
All I am saying is if Eif dishes it out he can expect it back as some of us choose to do.

Than please try not to tar us all with the same brush - we donít all have the English (bit hard for me as I was born in rugby!!)

Dick Dastardly
Thrupp artist (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 19:40
I understand the need for your edict St Ted but would just opine that there is no such thing as an ďexcellent trollĒ. There are many variants of this manifestation (some merely irritating and some quite dangerous) but none possess any redeeming qualities.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 22:03
I thought this was a forum for Saints SUPPORTERS. I would have thought that a poster who clearly not only isn't one but takes delight in running them down at every opportunity would not qualify. If trolls from other clubs come on here in similar veins they are not tolerated.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net