rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Scrummy
Skills Coach?
Scrummy (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 09:26
Given what Chris Boyd said about skill levels not being good enough to play a Southern Hemisphere type game, I was thinking that we are missing a skills coach from the new set up.

twsaint
Re: Skills Coach?
twsaint (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 09:31
I'm sure Boydy has things covered.

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 09:36
Maybe Vesty was considered enough , or Boyd might be taking that part up himself? Donít know what his expertise in coaching is. I think a lack of funds from paying previous coaches off has had an impact on how big a back room staff Boyd could have. Improving Basic skills is definitely a easy work on for us to make improvements as a team though so it must be being addressed.

A few hours of pass, catch, pass, catch, pass... might drill the message home haha!!!

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 09:51
Boyd and Vesty cover that, Boyd was a 10/centre

Flapjack
Flapjack (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 09:51
Falls under Mr Vesty's remit.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 15:23
What I inferred from Boyd's comments was that there is no prospect of NH brought up players matching the skills of, especially NZ players, who have the game ingrained in them from a very early age. All the evidence of watching Saints for a lifetime suggests to me that he is probably right. That of course does not mean he will not maximise the talent available - I am sure he will.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2018 17:23 by tedge.

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 17:10
I would imagine that skills will become a big part of the academy coaching going forwards.

Hopefully Boyd will be around long enough to reap the benefits

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2018 17:10 by Saint Stokey.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net