rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Former Hollywood Saint
Timisoara
10 July, 2018 18:40
Hello Everyone,

Anyone thinking about taking the trip to Timisoara this season to see the Saintly types against the other Sarries might like to know that I was talking to someone from Timisoara today and they imparted a little wisdom unto me.

I thought the following might be of interest:

To get there you can go Wizz Air, or British Airways.
Don't go to Bucharest and think you can drive (it is a 10 hour drive). Instead either go straight to Timisoara, or it is apparently very simple and cheaper to fly to Budapest in Hungary and then drive less than 3 hours to Timisoara.
In town there is a fantastic old town, complete with castle and cathedral.

If you already knew that stuff, here is the important stuff:

Don't take too much money as apparently corruption is pretty bad, so police and locals might want money as compensation for anything (ie partying too much after a victory).
Also thieves and pickpockets are common too. The thieves go round in groups, so if you try and stop one, you get set on by the others.

Sorry if that paints a negative picture, as he did say that on the whole Timisoara is very nice! I hope this doesn't put you off too much, because I'd actually still like to go! I just thought it might help.

FHS

Walks11
Re: Timisoara
Walks11 (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 19:08
Whizz and I think Ryanair both go direct from Luton

Former Hollywood Saint
10 July, 2018 20:03
TBH I haven't checked but he told me that Ryanair are potentially stopping that route. Again, not checked or confirming it, but just relaying what he told me. He goes back home quite a bit so does the flight a lot.

FHS

JRM
JRM (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 04:18
Sounds a bit like any of our local towns on a Friday or Saturday night!

brancastersaint
brancastersaint (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 10:45
I also have a contact from Timisoara through work and he was really selling the place as a vibrant friendly city/town, and his mates are rugby supporters who'll willingly show us around some watering holes
Beer is about 1-1.30 a pint

getting there, think we're going to go with Lufthansa from LHR via Munich on the way out and Frankfurt coming home, depending upon the dates of course, but a very quick check when the pools were announced gave the Lufthansa option about 80-100 cheaper per person than Wizzair or Ripoffair

looking forward to an enjoyable trip to pastures new

Ady32
Ady32 (IP Logged)
13 July, 2018 07:39
Another travel option I thought would be OK is flying into Belgrade - apparently its a 2.5 hour drive away

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net