rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

MESSAGES->author
Advertising on this site
shendy (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 21:35
I happened to click on the privacy setting for this site, and realised that it enables you to control access for each individual third party (aka advertising provider).
What is scary is that the list contains somewhere in the region of 600 providers - I didn't count them all but estimated.
But what the hell - 600??

Sans Culottes
Re: Advertising on this site
Sans Culottes (IP Logged)
18 July, 2018 22:17
Wish I had investigated that earlier.

sainttim
Saint Tim (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 18:15
It is the same for all sites.

SaintsDuncan
SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
19 July, 2018 20:03
All to do with GDPR I guess?

As an aside, since this new legislation came in, I seem to get an "accept" pop-up on nearly every page when viewing on my PC.

When viewing on my mobi, the first thread to be opened is fine, any subsequent ones open briefly then jumps back to the thread list and marks the thread as read

saint1969
saint1969 (IP Logged)
20 July, 2018 19:04
I use a pop up blocker(Adblock) and don't get any advertising pop ups at all not one.

bg
bg (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 10:35
Quote:
shendy
I happened to click on the privacy setting for this site, and realised that it enables you to control access for each individual third party (aka advertising provider).
What is scary is that the list contains somewhere in the region of 600 providers - I didn't count them all but estimated.
But what the hell - 600??

I use Firefox as a browser and have installed the Ghostery and uBlock add-ons that help block adverts and stop tracking analytics running. Ghostery tells you what is watching you in the background. I was gobsmacked afer I installed it as to what is happening in the background when you visit websites, how much data is being tracked.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 18:05
For anyone else getting a tonne of "We value our privacy" messages - recently raised from once every few days to every few seconds; often taking several attempts to open a post without being forcibly redirected.
I'd encourage emailing abuse@sportnetwork.net a our only recourse. Email address is supposed to be for reporting spam - this notice definitely counts now.
It's also expressly against GDPR.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net