Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

MESSAGES->author
Saints sign hooker
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 13:07
[www.northamptonsaints.co.uk]
So a return for an academy boy.
I wonder if that means Dylan is out for some time?

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

HungryLikeTheWolf
Re: Saints sign hooker
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 13:12
very good player, welcome back Joe... really surprised he is available for a short term deal

Saint Jericho
Saint Jericho (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 13:14
Great player. Will be a good addition to the squad.

Tom Vickers has said on Twitter that he's not here as cover for Dylan, who is progressing well, but more as cover for Haywood and Marshall who are carrying knocks.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 13:31
One of the few who left Saints and went on to greater things imo

LeicesterSaint
LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 13:39
Apparently Quins let him go at the end of last season so he's a free agent, I know there was a bit of a clear out given the change at the top but that's surprising. Oh well, to our benefit I suppose.

Dragonboy
Dragonboy (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 13:40
Totally agree Tedge. Hooker is such a unique spot the third in line almost invariably have to move on with a bit of fingers crossed. It happened more recently with Matti Williams but sadly without the success Joe achieved at Quinn's

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 13:49
"ďA number of our hookers are carrying niggles heading into the back end of preseason, and we want to make sure they are back to full fitness before they return with a long season ahead. We have three important preseason matches in the coming weeks, so it's important to make sure we are covered."

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 14:16
Joe did well at Quins up to a point where he picked up an injury and struggled since. Will provide good experienced cover but if our three return to full fitness I struggle to see where he would stay on at Saints

HonkyTonk
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 14:47
He was quite poor for us (quins) in the end. I wondered if he would benefit from a change of clubs. Hope it goes well for him but there is a fair bit of improving to do.

Manx Saint
Manx Saint (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 16:40
Always thought Joe was one that got away, glad to see him back.

MESSAGES->author
higgy365 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 16:50
Must be something in the water- Tigers have signed Ross Macmillan.

MESSAGES->author
St Jerome (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 20:37
What is savvy about this signing is as a saints academy player I suspect he is discounted for the salary cap.

MESSAGES->author
higgy365 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 11:40
All to the good if thatís true, but I thought there was some kind of time limit on academy credits?

Dragonboy
Dragonboy (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 12:12
I see another of our massively underused and underrated hookers Ross McMillan has signed for Tigers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net