rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

manxsaint
Taqele Naiyarovoro
manxsaint (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 15:52
Super interview with T on Saints website/YouTube.

[www.northamptonsaints.co.uk]

rugbymel
Re: Taqele Naiyarovoro
rugbymel (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 15:59
To the tune of “Guantanamera” (for those old enough to remember!)

Naiyaravoro
Taqele Naiyaravoro
Naiyaravoro
Taqele Naiyaravoro

manxsaint
manxsaint (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 16:03
Well done, RugbyMel - fits the tune perfectly! Now all we have to do is persuade 15,000 people to sing it!

JRM
JRM (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 16:17

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 17:06
I relinquished my season ticket a couple of seasons ago, but I am going on Saturday mainly to see this guy hopefully cause Sarries some problems. Hope he starts

protestbeat
protestbeat (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 17:29
(Sm22)(Sm42) well played, would love to hear this in the stands. smiling smiley

protestbeat
protestbeat (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 17:37
Ive got one too actually...

Sunday, Monday, Api Days,
Tuesday, Wednesday, Api Days,
Thursday, Friday, Api Days,
Saturday, for Saints he’ll play,
Smashing that gain-line through!

Ratuni-yara-waaa
Api and free (Oh Api days)
These Api days are yours and mine (these Api days are yours and mine)
~repeat forever

saintsfella
saintsfella (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 19:17
Buzzing to see him. Hopefully he sorts his indigestion out for the game!...

MESSAGES->author
lilyg (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 19:48
and now i cant get that tune out of my head!

Saintlyg
Saintlyg (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 05:00
Another obvious one is Tequilla but instead if tequilla we chant Teqele
[www.bing.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2018 05:21 by Saintlyg.

LeicesterSaint
LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 08:58
He's definitely generated some interest in the media - [www.telegraph.co.uk]

I for one quite hope teams do try and target him a little with kicks over, get it wrong and it'll go very wrong for them!

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 09:08
imho the most important aspect of his play is ‘give him the ball 5metres out and it’s nailed on 5 points’

that’s reflected in his try highlight reel

MESSAGES->author
skybluesaint (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 09:41
"heaviest player in the Saints' squad". Perhaps we could try him at no.8 and put T on the wing.

I am joking btw, but it still seems strange, and somewhat scary.

MarchingIn
MarchingIn (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 09:59
Before people heap too much expectation on Taqele, it may be worth remembering that our 2016/2017 European draw included Montpellier, who were fielding the 2014 Super Rugby top try scorer, 6'4 130kg Fijian winger Nemani Nandolo, and Saints beat them at home, and only lost narrowly away.

Some firepower out wide is a good thing but it won't be a total game changer.

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 11:04
We've all said it before, but Rugby is a team game.

A massive guy like Taqele is an advantage, but he's not going to win the games on his own. North wasn't a small guy, and he struggled at times.

I don't think we'll see a record try score for him this season. There will be so much focus on him, with multiple defenders targeting him. Hopefully this creates the space that he can offload into.

I also think that the defense in the Premiership is better than Super Rugby, in that it's a lot more structured and space is closed down a lot more quickly.

I hope I'm wrong and he'll be a big player & fan favourtie, but I don't think he's going to be a 20 try scorer per season player... this season at least.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 11:20
Quote:
Saint Stokey
A massive guy like Taqele is an advantage, but he's not going to win the games on his own. North wasn't a small guy, and he struggled at times.

I don't think we'll see a record try score for him this season. There will be so much focus on him, with multiple defenders targeting him. Hopefully this creates the space that he can offload into.

I also think that the defense in the Premiership is better than Super Rugby, in that it's a lot more structured and space is closed down a lot more quickly.

I hope I'm wrong and he'll be a big player & fan favourtie, but I don't think he's going to be a 20 try scorer per season player... this season at least.

he could be a revelation but we need to create the opportunities for him to do so. completely different from North in George required a bit of space to truly show his worth and he was electric. we don't need to create overlaps for Taqele we just need to create 1 on 1's, that should be a lot easier.

LeicesterSaint
LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 11:27
My memory is terrible but didn't the same Nadolo also waltz through our defence a number of times when we got taken apart by them?

We will of course see but the signs are promising that he will be contributing more in terms of coming into midfield etc but as WP says if 'all' he brings initially is a guaranteed try from five yards I'll take that!

saintsby2018
saintsby2018 (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 13:13
Thank you JRM for that lovely you tube clip of the Beuna Vista Social club marvelous! Produced IIRC by one of if not the best guitarist of all time Mr Ry Cooder.

Rugby Mel,bravo more songs please. Good posts re expectations too one game at a time with progress in each one. COYS!

2018 The fightback begins COYS!

MESSAGES->author
higgy365 (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 14:37
Quote:
skybluesaint
"heaviest player in the Saints' squad". Perhaps we could try him at no.8 and put T on the wing.
I am joking btw, but it still seems strange, and somewhat scary.

Only Ehren Painter heavier apparently. Sam Vestey did say on Radio Noho yesterday he is losing weight already.

I think he’ll come off the bench on Saturday but I wouldn’t put it past Boyd to back his man and start him either.

Saint Wilf
Saint Wilf (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 14:48
Quote:
manxsaint
Well done, RugbyMel - fits the tune perfectly! Now all we have to do is persuade 15,000 people to sing it!

Based on the turnout last week the first problem will be to get 15,000 paying customers through the turnstiles.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 15:19
Quote:
Saint Stokey

Really ?

Last week the Prem averaged 60 points per game! It’s been a try fest

tboullem
Houghton Saint (IP Logged)
13 September, 2018 16:41
I cannot see the point in not playing him on saturday as with Ken injured we are not exactly flush with wingers, especially big ones that will intimidate the opposition.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net