21 Alex Mitchell
22 Andrew Symons
23 Harry Mallinder

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

PembsSaint
Re: Team up Big T in!
PembsSaint (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 11:51
Great. Also pleased to see Painter starting from the off.

Hantsaintsrus4
Hantsaintsrus4 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 11:53
Burrel? Mmmmmmm

Fat Prop
Fat Prop (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 12:00
Good looking team - personally I’d have liked to see Harry start at 15, but otherwise looks strong !

Curious Sarries team - no Farrell (injured presumably?), and Losowski only on bench with Goode at 10 ?!!
Opportunity to get at Goode who’s a great fullback but never convinced as a 10 IMO...

Feeling more optimistic!!

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 12:03
Sarries:

FORWARDS: Mako Vunipola (146), Jamie George (198), Vincent Koch (41), Maro Itoje (96), Will Skelton (27), Nick Isiekwe (37), Mike Rhodes (71), Billy Vunipola (86).

BACKS: Ben Spencer (133), Alex Goode (263), Alex Lewington (2), Brad Barritt (225), Nick Tompkins (71), David Strettle (139), Liam Williams (17).

REPLACEMENTS: Christopher Tolofua (19), Richard Barrington (138), Titi Lamositele (53), George Kruis (159), Ben Earl (17), Richard Wigglesworth (212), Alex Lozowski (62), Sean Maitland (43).

195Rich
195Rich (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 12:05
About as big and strong a team as we have to choose from with some additional power on the bench.
Excited now!

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 12:07
Quote:
Hantsaintsrus4
Burrel? Mmmmmmm

Give young Kellaway a few more games at 13 in the Wandies then he’s in.

Luther has good D, it’s ok for now. But he better bleeding well pass to Naya!

COYS

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 12:09
Saracens have picked an absolutely monster pack. They reckon they will just roll us, which maybe true.

I am expecting us to turn over lots of ball at the breakdown. I would also chuck it about big time, that’s such a heavy pack we need them going side to side all day.

Harry the Dog
Harry the Dog (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 12:24
Huge Saracens pack. No place for the faint hearted up front.
As Roger Uttley said on The Saints show, we need a collective intensity for the whole game.

MarchingIn
MarchingIn (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 12:26
Looking at those line ups, it's pretty much going to come down to whether Saints can exert enough control over possession up front against a huge pack.

I hope we see the offside line refereed properly.

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 12:53
We're also going to need a 3rd captain once dylan and alex go off.

Hopefully it will be biggar or franks but i would imagine Francis.

Whats the betting that Saracens have a last minute change and Farrell or Lozowski start?

alwayshopeful
alwayshopeful (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 12:54
Ace definately better than Mallinder at the moment so pleased he's kept the 15 shirt..

Burrell... hmmm I would have been tempted to start Symons but given that Luther did better last week than the first week its a close call..

Our front 5 is pretty chunky, certainly up to theirs, but the backrow is a bit light.. Broussow and Harrison are not the biggest, so I hope we focus on the breakdown and get there first! Big Billy charging up the middle will do some damage so its going to have to be a pretty brave performance all round!

Really excited all things concidered.. Come on You Saints!!

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 12:59
As 'light' as our backrow might be, they all punch above their weights. As for Billy V, id prefer to have him running at Biggar than Myler. No disrespect but Biggar is better defensively.

Hopefully Sarries do their normal offside trick and Biggar spots a few cheeky chips in behind.

Looking forward to seeing our new Wing-prop charging at Lewington!

LeicesterSaint
LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 13:04
My worry is that Biggar doesn't shirk defence, I really don't want to see Billy V or Skelton or Barritt for that matter allowed to run at him all day - the back row have to be on it to make sure he isn't taking the hits.

I would think that a key Boyd work on has been and will continue to be decision making - Burrell doesn't need to think pass to T every time, if the defence is worried about T and drifting too quickly then Burrell is more than capable of hitting a soft shoulder or two....

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 13:05
Montpelier turned up with a ginormous pack a few years back and our forwards fronted up to them pretty well. We won that game too.... Let's hope we can do the same tomorrow!

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Joe Davison
14 September, 2018 13:35
Slightly worried about the defence in the backs, especially as I'd expect Big T may slow to turn/get back.

I'm quite happy with the pack, even against Saracen's big pack. Dylan returning and Ehren's - well deserved - first start? A fresh, exciting approach.

I think Billy V usually takes a few games to get back into the swing of things so as long as we hit him early, we're all good. With our backrow, we should be up to that.

I've seen Skelton dish out a few cheap shots in the games I've seen him in. Hopefully we can wind him up and JP has a better game than last week.

lost in duston
lost in duston (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 13:43
Us by 5, and that’s before Nurse has given me medication.....

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 13:51
Anything under 30 points conceded would be progress - let reality kick in

St Marcus
St Marcus (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 13:58
It'll be good to see Naiyaravoro start, hope we manage to engineer some opportunities for him.

As MarchingIn mentions I really hope that the officials police the offside line properly. We stand a much better chance if Sarries aren't allowed to play their usual couple of feet offside through the game. And if the officials are not calling offside let's give them some help from the stands.

I think it'll be a lot closer than our matches last season. COYS!!!

LeicesterSaint
LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 14:06
Not sure how Skelton didn't get cited from last week given that the media picked up his drop onto the ruck, I also don't get why cheap shots are needed when you can have such a huge legitimate impact (literally!). I'm quietly confident, if we get some parity in the scrum we can run them around and unleash a mix of pace and power from the wings.

TheGent
TheGent (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 14:09
How do we think scrums are going to go?

MarchingIn
MarchingIn (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 14:30
Quote:
TheGent
How do we think scrums are going to go?

Hard to say. A lot of their pack weight advantage is in the back row which has the least influence on drive, but they have been scrummaging well so far.

If I was Sarries, I'd not be too worried about the scrum contest, but might be concerned about how fast their back row can get up and at Saints from the scrum. Brussow & Harrison are really fast & will hit Vunipola or the halfback channels early in defense, but Vunipola has struggled for a yard of pace to stop Harrison off the back in the past and they aren't playing a fast mobile 7 either.

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 14:45
I have a feeling Tom Collins is going to see a lot of ball tomorrow, not a bad thing as he can be dangerous in attack, but they will want to keep it away from our big man!

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 14:57
i've often wondered why wingers don't swap sides during a game. If space isn't open for Tom, why not swap Big T and Little T so see if we can force something.

alwayshopeful
alwayshopeful (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 15:18
I think, if Saracens are keeping the ball away from Big T, then he is going to have to come looking for it..

Taking it off Biggar or Francis at 100 mph will be tremendous to watch - and then he stays out and gets the ball in space out wide and blasts down the touch line for a certain score..

breathe.... breathe...

its going to be epic

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 18:08
Quote:
Saint Stokey
We're also going to need a 3rd captain once dylan and alex go off.
Hopefully it will be biggar or franks but i would imagine Francis.

Whats the betting that Saracens have a last minute change and Farrell or Lozowski start?
👍

Eif Jones
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 03:06
The Saints squad is not that different from last season so a massive improvement is needed for a win. Saracens and Exeter are far and away the best squads in the league, many of the Saracens replacements would get into the Saints XV. Presumably the Saints will not give up this season as they did last but a win is only possible if the front V can reach close to equality, unlikely I suspect.

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 05:12
Quote:
Eif Jones
The Saints squad is not that different from last season so a massive improvement is needed for a win. Saracens and Exeter are far and away the best squads in the league, many of the Saracens replacements would get into the Saints XV. Presumably the Saints will not give up this season as they did last but a win is only possible if the front V can reach close to equality, unlikely I suspect.

Agreed.

Former Hollywood Saint
15 September, 2018 08:15
Quote:
Saint Stokey
i've often wondered why wingers don't swap sides during a game. If space isn't open for Tom, why not swap Big T and Little T so see if we can force something.

Please oh please can we keep this terminology when describing our two wingers! Gold medal for Stokey right there! Hahaha!!

FHS

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 11:27
So, big t, little t and t?

NobbyClarke
NobbyClarke (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 09:22
For me Timmy, Tommy and Tacky is far less confusing

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 10:34
Is it that hard to tell who is big and little?

SaintsDuncan
SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 13:16
Quote:
Former Hollywood Saint
Quote:
Saint Stokey

Please oh please can we keep this terminology when describing our two wingers! Gold medal for Stokey right there! Hahaha!!

FHS

Well who doesn't like a couple of T?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net