rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

TringSaint
Sarries Match
TringSaint (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 16:42
That was a whole lot better than I expected and a massive step up from last year.
Not getting the LBP was a blow as I think we deserved it, but still a really good showing especially given the amount of change in the squad.

On this showing we should be top 6

andysaint
Re: Sarries Match
andysaint (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 16:51
Better yes a shambles defensively at times yes deserving of a point yes. Performances are good but 4 points from 3 games.

herbie85
herbie85 (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 16:52
Didnt see the game, how did we play? Seemed a good time to be playing sarries with them missing some players, were we far off?

Longers
Longers (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 17:09
Quote:
herbie85
Didnt see the game, how did we play? Seemed a good time to be playing sarries with them missing some players, were we far off?

IMO -

We played at a much greater intensity than I have seen for some while and managed to keep going.

We did not tackle as well as I think we could and Sarries frequently made 2-3 yards more than we managed.

Our defence breakdown for their first try was pure schoolboy stuff. I was also disappointed by the amble back into position from our vaunted tank newly arrived from down under. Could have worked harder.

We were in it. all the time. That to me was a big plus. And we should have gained at least a four try bonus and losing point at the end but for a bit of sloppiness.

I think it is a marked improvement on where we were 12 months ago.

And the crowd were in fine voice, too!

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 17:17
Wings and full back need to work on their defensive positioning. Three of their tries were very soft maybe even four. Difficult to rate the side as we did well attacking but poor defensively.

Scrum still a huge negative for me at the moment.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 17:20
All I expect is for the guys to try their best and the coaches to coach them well

Both boxes ticked

But we need a billionaire owner or we just canít win anything

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 17:24
An awful lot of work needed with three away games coming up.

To be leading with ten minutes to go and get nothing out of the game is very disappointing.

Just who is Captain when both are on the pitch ?

Tom Collins may be quick but a huge liability defensively

Tuala has to learn he is a Full Back and is the last line of defence.

New winger had a couple of runs but found himself out of position more than once - early days.

Dylan played a good game eclipsing the self confessed 'best hooker in the world'.

Annoying as he might be Itoje is very very good at the breakdown.

Crowd still disappointing.

Restarts are a concern both taking and receiving.

Four points from three games is a poor return for effort but it is going to be a long hard season

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2018 17:35 by Mobbs.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 17:24
Quote:
Wilson Pickett

Nonsense

MarchingIn
MarchingIn (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 17:26
Not sure if we were much better vs Sarries being less good. Were in it and really should have been able to win it 2 points up with 13 minutes on the board.

lost in duston
lost in duston (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 17:36
Tuala isn't the answer to the Full Back question. Harry is

Luther had a better game.

Big T was out of position for their first (as Tuala was in the line)

small margins cost us.

happier but not happy

Christoff
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 17:37
Sorry Tring, top 6? No chance IMO. Obviously things are better but I think 8th/9th is far more likely. Clearly it's better but still only 4 points after 3 games, 2 of which are at home. When we're not winning we've got to pick up bonus points. Boyd is turning things round but it's going to be a long process.

ramseysaint
ramseysaint (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 17:37
Do we have a full back?

Former Hollywood Saint
15 September, 2018 17:42
Gave them at least 12 easy points and you just don't do that against Sarries. Boyd said last week that we need to stamp out the 'dumb' stuff. Today on occasion, we were very dumb. When they started putting a few phases together we started to get very nervous and all endeavour with the ball went out the window.

With Taqele, he is still a little rusty I'm sure after only coming in over a week or so ago, but my god have we got did he get off to a good start.

1st touch, shoves off Lewington, offloads to Ace. Not bad.
2nd touch, sits down a nearly full tilt Billy V. Where can we put a statue of him?

Very disappointed in the result, but if we keep improving and stamping out the dumb stuff we might have a sniff at top 6.

FHS

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 17:44
High ball a big concern for me - bit surprised nobody else has mentioned it specifically. I know it's an area of strength for Sarries game, but aside from Biggar we have nobody who has looked commanding when competing (if 'competing' is even the right word when we for the most part seem to be backing out of any real contest) for the high ball. May as well not bother and just try to smash the opposition player when he lands instead. I wonder what a flying Taqele would be like...?

Tough start to the season for us. We don't have one of the 'easier' fixtures until round 5, and that's away from home.

All said and done, though, I thought we were good for at least 2 points from this afternoon's game. A bit more composure at the end and we could have had 5. That in itself is a massive step up for us.

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2018 17:46 by Matthew.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 17:46
After dominating for most of the first half to go in 10-10 wasnít great. We seemed to go to sleep at times and Sarries were ruthless when given a sniff. Seemed also to be lots of marginal high shots that Sarries got away with first half too. We deserved at least a point and should have got one, the chase for DBís up and under was schoolboy stuff, all getting sucked into chasing the ball rather than 1 or 2 and the rest fanning out defensively.

That said lots of positives for me.

In no particular order..

Scrum has improved from last season but still nowhere near where it needs to be
Rolling maul is back to being a real threat
Lineout was excellent
Biggarís kicking to touch was also excellent
Our attack looks threatening and really like the way we are trying to play
Bit T is going to be brilliant!

Big thanks to the Sarries fan behind me who talked to his mate for the full 80 minutes about anything and everything. Booing the kicker and chanting ďoff off offĒ was poor from the Sarries up the corner too.

SaintED
SaintED (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 18:23
Quote:
Mobbs
Dylan played a good game eclipsing the self-confessed 'best hooker in the world'

£10 to the charity of your choice via just giving if you can find me the quote where he says that Mobbs. As opposed to he would like to become the best hooker in the world or something similar.

I thought Hartley by his own standards had a good game, flawless at the lineout and did what he needed to ground the ball at the back of a dominant maul don't think he offered what George does in the loose or scrum though. Worrying that with Waller and Hartley off no one seemed to know who the captain was.

Still don't really get one of Haskell or Brussow starting ahead of Gibson. Both pretty quiet today and yet again when Gibson came on he made an immediate impact. Backrow balance is still not right for me.

Definitely feels like the team is on the right track but I think the change in style and of thought will naturally take a little time. Both wings are very good in their own way but Saints need to find better ways to get them involved. Lineout and maul, in particular, were excellent. Both locks good again but maybe last weeks huge effort took its toll a little? Think Mallinder would benefit from being given a run of games.

Ultimately a step forward.

GerryK
GerryK (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 18:26
From an interloper, well done Saints you made it a real fight.

Significant improvement over last season.

Look forward to the return game at Allianz Park

HungryLikeTheWolf
15 September, 2018 18:26
Quote:
andysaint
Quote:
Wilson Pickett

Nonsense

If youíre going to disagree, explain why

I give you Lawes, Ribbans, Api, Craig and raise you Kruis, Itoje, Skelton, Iziekwe

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 18:37
Ed

I will do some digging........!!!

JohnI
JohnI (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 18:37
Pretty dissapointing overall that yet again sone Very silly defensive errors gave away three easy tries and the game
Have to agree that after 3 games and three preseason games the management must know who their best starting 23 are and who the 15 are that can get us on the front foot in a game leaving the subs to hold a lead if required. Gibson imo has to start and Burrell again sorry still not impressing and showing he should own the shirt

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 18:45
The thing is WP, you are not consistent.
You have been very bullish (good on you for that) and have posted several times that we have the players, we just needed the coach. When we signed Boyd you stated we would be in the top 4 this season. When the predictions were given for this season, you then state 5th I think and now it appears we don't have the players and need a billionaire as Boyd won't win anything !
Dose of reality kicking in perhaps ?

HungryLikeTheWolf
15 September, 2018 18:50
FleetG

Errrr hang on, I have been nothing but consistent

Week on week Iíve been saying

1. We need a billionaire
2. Utter BS that Boyd needs 3 years to make us competitive

The difference between top 4 and winning the Prem is big, as we all know because it took us 5-6 years of being top 4 before we won it

Worth noting the 70% full stadium is because Jim and Dorian were serving up rubbish for 3 years. Rubbish that yourself and 75% of posters defended for the last 2 years.

.... the good news is at least we are signing an all black 13 for next year

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2018 18:53 by Wilson Pickett.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 18:51
Quote:
Wilson Pickett
Quote:
andysaint
Quote:
Wilson Pickett

Nonsense

I give you Lawes, Ribbans, Api, Craig and raise you Kruis, Itoje, Skelton, Iziekwe

No as I shouldnít have fed the original comment.

Back to the game, restarts are an area of concern for me. Someone above said the scrum is better than last season. For me, the start of last season was poor for the scrum but it did get better. I feel our scrum at the moment is worse off than at the end of last season.

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 19:00
Just how many billionaires are floating around the East Midlands at the moment ?

In reality all clubs are losing money and some have completely unsustainable business models The game of rugby is not sufficiently popular at club level to raise the bar any higher. Wages are too high, crowds are too low, too much TV exposure. CVC have been shown the door and based upon what they did to F1, I hope they do not return.

Saints are a medium term project at the moment. We have had a major clear out of players and coaches in 2018 and we are a long way from the finished article. A couple of decent wins will do wonders for confidence but we are still a number of players short of being able to compete at the highest level - cue Wolfies billionire it he can find one.......

HungryLikeTheWolf
15 September, 2018 19:01
Sorry please explain how we will compete if we are losing £1m per year P&L (to stay up with cap) whilst Saracens have Wray who will chuck money to cover the p&l and also investment in training, academy etc

Bristol owner, Bath owner, Sale owner

I suspect we will get blown out of the water without someone committing growth capital of minimum £10-15m over the next 5 years before break even

HungryLikeTheWolf
15 September, 2018 19:02
Quote:
Mobbs
Just how many billionaires are floating around the East Midlands at the moment ?
In reality all clubs are losing money and some have completely unsustainable business models The game of rugby is not sufficiently popular at club level to raise the bar any higher. Wages are too high, crowds are too low, too much TV exposure. CVC have been shown the door and based upon what they did to F1, I hope they do not return.

Saints are a medium term project at the moment. We have had a major clear out of players and coaches in 2018 and we are a long way from the finished article. A couple of decent wins will do wonders for confidence but we are still a number of players short of being able to compete at the highest level - cue Wolfies billionire it he can find one.......

how many billionaire owners of sports club live in the vicinity of the club

not many is the answer

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 19:06
Actually WP you have stated (come on you know you have !) that we have the players and when we signed Boyd you said we would be top 4 in the first season. If we have the players and now the coach, why do we need a billionaire and why did you downgrade the prediction to 5th recently ?
As I stated, the reality that this is a longer term project may now be apparent !

Waggydog
Waggydog (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 19:16
I continue to be encouraged and think we're going to be in the top 4 by the end of the season.

Sarries
Exeter
Gloucester
Saints

HungryLikeTheWolf
15 September, 2018 19:17
Quote:
fleetg
Actually WP you have stated (come on you know you have !) that we have the players and when we signed Boyd you said we would be top 4 in the first season. If we have the players and now the coach, why do we need a billionaire and why did you downgrade the prediction to 5th recently ?
As I stated, the reality that this is a longer term project may now be apparent !

Please read my posts... yes I think we can get 4th and at least will be very competitive this season.... coaching is everything

But no I donít think we can win the prem without a rich bloke chucking millions at it

A good big bloke beats a good small bloke

But look forget all the prediction and ego, THE BOYS DID GREAT TODAY

Proud to be a saintsman and more of the same will pack the Gardens, onward and upwards

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 19:19
Good on you WP : have a good evening.

Dave Berko
Dave Berko (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 19:20
Quote:
Wilson Pickett
Quote:
andysaint
Quote:
Wilson Pickett

Nonsense

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2018 19:21 by Dave Berko.

HungryLikeTheWolf
15 September, 2018 19:28
Quote:
fleetg
Good on you WP : have a good evening.

Top man Fleet, you too

sarricen
sarricen (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 19:46
Quote:
Mobbs
Dylan played a good game eclipsing the self confessed 'best hooker inthe worldí

We are all begging you, please send a link for the quote where he says anything remotely resembling this

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 19:55
I thought the back three of Brussow Haskell and Harrison were immense
They are the foundation of the changes happening in the side
My only reservations are with T at 8 - would a bigger player have more impact- put Billy V in the backrow, would that make a significant difference
I see some say Gibson should start. Instead of who ? Look at our breakdown play last year it was not good and lost us a good few games. Said before Gibson needs to be closer to the ball at breakdown and get more involved with the grunt work. If he did he would be superb
Hats off to Sarries they have been top of their game for a good few years and showed it today when we made mistakes
We are coming back from 3 deteriating seasons
It will take time but I really think we will be in a far better position come end of season
Letís hope the willingness to bring in some of the younger players Collins etc doesnít rebound onnBoyd
Give it time
Itís going in the right direction

Brackleysaint
Brackleysaint (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 20:13
As long as the boy's keep their belief the results will come and will cause some upsets. Their body language is completely different from the last couple of seasons. They are allowed play a less conservative game but a couple of times today this was their undoing when composure was needed, I'm sure a balance will be found.

HungryLikeTheWolf
15 September, 2018 20:17
Quote:
sarricen
Quote:
Mobbs
Dylan played a good game eclipsing the self confessed 'best hooker inthe worldí

We are all begging you, please send a link for the quote where he says anything remotely resembling this

Sarricen itís biased saints chat... which I love. Jamie top player, well done today

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 20:36
Quote:
smitferbrainz
Sorry Tring, top 6? No chance IMO. Obviously things are better but I think 8th/9th is far more likely. Clearly it's better but still only 4 points after 3 games, 2 of which are at home. When we're not winning we've got to pick up bonus points. Boyd is turning things round but it's going to be a long process.

Having pushed Sarries close (and everyone is pitching them or Exeter to be run away winners) to me suggests we will fair well against Bath, Bristol, Worcester, Sale and Newcastle. these at home will give us c20 points and we can expect to get c10 points away.
Add to that the odd cheeky win, LBP or TBP, we can expect to get close to 55 points which based on last yearís table puts us in the region of 6th.

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 20:44
Out of interest, can anyone tell me who the billionaire backer supporting Exeter is?

Christoff
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 21:04
Quote:
TringSaint
Quote:
smitferbrainz

Having pushed Sarries close (and everyone is pitching them or Exeter to be run away winners) to me suggests we will fair well against Bath, Bristol, Worcester, Sale and Newcastle. these at home will give us c20 points and we can expect to get c10 points away.
Add to that the odd cheeky win, LBP or TBP, we can expect to get close to 55 points which based on last yearís table puts us in the region of 6th.

I'd be more optimistic if we'd have beat Sarries today but we didn't, not even an BP. Exeter and Sarries are a distance ahead, top 2 for sure. Bath beat Quins away scoring a try BP, Newcastle are better than Saints at present too. We can beat Bristol but not sure at their place, same with Sale. We can beat Wuss. I can't see us winning too many away, maybe Wuss, so I see us gaining 4 pts from that game plus maybe another 4/5 BPs. That's a total of around 9-10 away. I see us beating most teams from this point at home but not Exeter. That's 32 plus the odd BP if we get enough tries. So I see our final points total as around 42-45. To me this is Boyd year one. I'm not expecting much to be honest. I think 8th or 9th which avoids the drop. We weren't safe until we beat Tigers away last season, game 20/21? We need to sort that first. I suspect we'll see a bit better where we are after Bath away. They'll be confident after scoring a try BP against a team we made hard work of at at our place. Good debate though. Regards.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 21:15
The next three games are away from the Gardens and will be tough games. Bristol will target us at home, it is a lottery which Bath side will show up and weíve given away home advantage vs Tigers. We could end up with 1 win from the first 6 which would be a disaster. To really show an upward curve I think we need to win 2 of the next 3.

Could have should have would have but the table does not lie. We need to pick up points, if we donít, how long before the pressure is on and the new game plan goes back to a more pragmatic approach? For me, the next 3 weeks are quite important.

Aiden Blake
Aiden Blake (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 21:29
Who is this all black 13? WP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2018 21:30 by Aiden Blake.

Saint Jericho
Saint Jericho (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 22:12
Quote:
Aiden Blake
Who is this all black 13? WP

Yeah that's what I'm wondering.

I was at work today unfortunately so missed the game. How did Painter go? Scrum any better?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/09/2018 06:55 by Saint Jericho.

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 22:16
I think that the fact that we're disappointed not to win speaks volumes!

We deserved more than we got which shows how far we have come. If we can show as much desire, some more organisation in defence and get Big T more involved, we'll get plenty of 5 point wins.

Its a long season and i know 1 win from 3 doesnt sound great, but based on today, the next 3 games are definately winnable. 4 wins from 6 sounds a lot more like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2018 22:57 by Saint Stokey.

Hollywood JK
Hollywood JK (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 22:53
Yep a better showing than last year, but could it got worse than the drubbing last year..

As someone said though, a reality check, played 3, 2 at home, and weíve won 1 match, and no losing bonus points..

We have to be careful as weíre at risk of being ĎProud Losersí

Our basics were very poor today,their first try with no one at home, our exits were dreadful..

Iím not sure about Biggar, does some great things, then does some really daft things.. T looked good going forward but looked suspect in defence..

We need to learn fast, and step up again, as with Bath away next, and Tigers at Twickers, which is a neutral venue, we could easily lose the next two games...

Time to keep it real, otherwise another season where we could finish 8th or 9th.. (Sm154)

Bernie's Dad
Bernie's Dad (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 00:38
Vast improvement on last year, with pride and commitment written all over the team. I thought Biggar and Francis were fabulous, and some standout work from Courtney and Ribbans. Broussow is also fast showing his worth after a quiet end to last season. Gibson made a difference too.

I know itís early days of the season still, but it was great to see a really strong bench today too. We are finally again starting to feel like a team who can perform.

An odd way of turning a negative to positive, but there were moments today when Sarries opted for Ďtaking the 3 pointsí over kicking for the corner for a possible 7. I really donít think that would have been the case last season. In short, we looked more dangerous than before.

Shame about the last 10 minutes and Iím gutted we didnít get our bonus points today, but will trade those for seeing a team with real promise starting to step up.

Letís nail the next 3 games...

Címon you Saints!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/09/2018 00:40 by Bernie's Dad.

Eif Jones
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 01:18
Simply put, the forwards did their bit and the backs didn't.

I have always hated driving mauls, they have never been a fair contest between defence and offence. In Grand Prix racing they have a term called 'a racing incident' to describe cars coming together without either driver being penalised. Driving mauls need a similar term 'a rugby incident' when some of the mauls go to ground. In my view, some of the penalties today were unjust on the defenders. You have up to 16 forwards slugging it out, and inevitably if the maul goes to ground there is a yellow card. On one occasion today a Saints maul broke up such that 2 or 3 of their forwards were wrestling with a similar number of opponents detached and ahead of the ball. In a fairer world those forwards would be punished for obstruction but the offence can do no wrong whilst the defence is penalised at every opportunity. Please Saints lets not go back to a game plan where the driving maul is the only attacking weapon.

I'm sorry but the Saints backs are not at the races when up against a class set of backs like those of the Saracens today. Sarries backs went so smoothly about their business, pressing for scores and culminating in a bit of magic from the 'defuser' (his early nickname) that took away Saints' losing bonus.

Tring Saint, I'm a bit confused by you suggesting a large amount of change, by my count there were just 3 new arrivals in the match XV in both Quins and Sarries games. Yes, lots of players past their best or not good enough have been released but, surely, that can't be the end of that process.

Did I spot a rarity today, a scrum that was won against the head and put in.

SaintED
SaintED (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 07:09
Quote:
Saint Jericho
How did Painter go? Scrum any better?

He looks to have excellent potential and is certainly a big lad but he was given a lesson at scrum time yesterday. Possibly lucky to stay on given how frequently he was penalised. It is incredibly early days in his career though and says a huge amount about his potential that he would start a game like that.

What I really hope changes under Boyd is young players (including Painter, Collins, Mallinder etc) are backed through rough patches and allowed to learn rather than kicked back down to the Wandies and left there.

@ andysaint I think as long as the team is progressing under Boyd, getting comfortable with how he wants them to play, understanding each others games better, etc then there are no disasters other than relegation this season. I feel this will be the rebuilding year for the club that they should have had two seasons ago. Next year though there should be a proper target of top 6.

graemeadavis
Graeme D (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 07:27
Quote:
Eif Jones
I have always hated driving mauls, they have never been a fair contest between defence and offence. In Grand Prix racing they have a term called 'a racing incident' to describe cars coming together without either driver being penalised. Driving mauls need a similar term 'a rugby incident' when some of the mauls go to ground. In my view, some of the penalties today were unjust on the defenders. You have up to 16 forwards slugging it out, and inevitably if the maul goes to ground there is a yellow card. On one occasion today a Saints maul broke up such that 2 or 3 of their forwards were wrestling with a similar number of opponents detached and ahead of the ball. In a fairer world those forwards would be punished for obstruction but the offence can do no wrong whilst the defence is penalised at every opportunity. Please Saints lets not go back to a game plan where the driving maul is the only attacking weapon.

Totally agree JP just cannot accept that a maul can just collapse.
One of the poorer refs in that respect. Other aspects of his game are good though.

graemeadavis
Graeme D (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 07:30
Quote:
Mobbs
Ed

I guess you are still digging. You would gain a lot more respect if you just admitted your statement was just made up by yourself and withdrew it.

graemeadavis
Graeme D (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 07:33
In general a very enjoyable match to watch and Saints showed far more commitment than they did at last seasons matches.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 07:40
Quote:
SaintED
Quote:
Saint Jericho
How did Painter go? Scrum any better?

He looks to have excellent potential and is certainly a big lad but he was given a lesson at scrum time yesterday. Possibly lucky to stay on given how frequently he was penalised. It is incredibly early days in his career though and says a huge amount about his potential that he would start a game like that.

What I really hope changes under Boyd is young players (including Painter, Collins, Mallinder etc) are backed through rough patches and allowed to learn rather than kicked back down to the Wandies and left there.

@ andysaint I think as long as the team is progressing under Boyd, getting comfortable with how he wants them to play, understanding each others games better, etc then there are no disasters other than relegation this season. I feel this will be the rebuilding year for the club that they should have had two seasons ago. Next year though there should be a proper target of top 6.

I do tend to agree. I donít tend to see this as a short term gain more a medium to long term. The league is very cut throat however and I think Boyd and Lam will soon find out that their game style will come under scrutiny unless points are picked up. Lam in particular who I thought his pack was extremely soft and whilst you may have been able to throw around the ball to your hearts content in the pro 14 or SH tournament you canít here. Boyd is not doing that but at what point does points become priority over development?

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 08:40
Quote:
Graeme D
Quote:
Mobbs
Ed

I guess you are still digging. You would gain a lot more respect if you just admitted your statement was just made up by yourself and withdrew it.

I remember the thread so donít think anyone is making it up. I do seem to remember it was a misquote that we seized on at the time.

MESSAGES->author
lilyg (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 08:51
Walks11 is quite right - it was a quote taken out of context here's one of the arcticles

graemeadavis
Graeme D (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 09:05
Quote:
Walks11
Quote:
Graeme D
Quote:
Mobbs
Ed

I remember the thread so donít think anyone is making it up. I do seem to remember it was a misquote that we seized on at the time.

Mobbs "self confessed "best hooker in the world"".

Not the same as the article and qouted in a totally different context.

Shire
Shire (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 09:17
Am I not right in remembering that we started last season with at least 3 wins? And then what happened?
Overall left yesterday a lot happier than I expected : the team have spirit and fight (which was missing for 3 seasons).Early days yet.

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 10:02
We have lost an away game, won a home game and lost against Sarries. Probably how most people would've predicted it.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 11:43
Quote:
Graeme D
Quote:
Walks11
Quote:
Graeme D
Quote:
Mobbs
Ed

Mobbs "self confessed "best hooker in the world"".

Not the same as the article and qouted in a totally different context.

As I said I think it was a misquote on an interview with George that came across as he said he was best in the world. He obviously didnít and it was something along the lines he wants to be the best which isnít really the same thing and nor should be shot down.. still your memory appears to be more crystal clear than mine to you at least.

herbie85
herbie85 (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 14:10
Watched the highlights. Granted potentially offers a very skewed version of events. Seemed to play some decent stuff, did our own legs as usual with some truly dreadful defence at times and woeful box kicking. Get rid or minimise these aspects and might start beating some of the top sides

shiversaint
shiversaint (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 17:27
Quote:
Mobbs
self confessed 'best hooker in the world'.

And we wonder why opposing supporters get shirty about us backing Dylan. He didn't say that. Get over it.

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 18:12
Watched the highlights too. I dont think they did us justice at all.

Does the premiership website still show the full matches?

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 18:15
Quote:
BrianB
We have lost an away game, won a home game and lost against Sarries. Probably how most people would've predicted it.

Lack of bonus points is concerning. Especially when we have 'conceded' 50% of the bonus points we could have (LBP for Quins and TBP for Sarries). Quins are four points ahead of us in the table with the same WDL record so far.

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Brackleysaint
Brackleysaint (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 19:03
Quote:
Saint Stokey

I think they do, but not until later in the week.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
16 September, 2018 19:57
Quote:
Brackleysaint
Quote:
Saint Stokey

I think they do, but not until later in the week.

Usually up on Monday mornings

jimusjones
jimusjones (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 18:23
I think they have messed up as the full match replay is actually just the highlights.

Shame as I would love to watch this game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net