rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

tboullem
STH Forum
Houghton Saint (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 11:55
Anyone know if they have or have not been allocated tickets to the forthcoming forum ?

I have a question or two for the Chairman !

tedge
Re: STH Forum
tedge (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 13:30
Quote:
Mobbs
Anyone know if they have or have not been allocated tickets to the forthcoming forum ?
I have a question or two for the Chairman !

This is the last thing the Club said, about 2 weeks ago I think. - "**Places at this event have now been filled. The Club will be in touch with those who have been successful in securing a place at the event in due course.**

If I have been successful I haven't heard - if I haven't I presume I won't hear !

SaintsMan87
SaintsMan87 (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 14:13
Iím not a big fan of this. The opinion the new DORís gonna get is beers too much and that some of the attendees are a better coach than him.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 14:25
The trouble with them is that the one thing most people are more interested in than anything is what happens on the pitch and why - ie how well or not the team is playing and winning/losing matches. If the team's doing well there are few questions so that leaves trivia; if they're struggling nobody at the club wants to talk about it so again only trivia is discussed

tboullem
08 October, 2018 15:14
I have some sympathy with your point of view Tedge. People seem reluctant to stand up and ask the really difficult questions of either the Coach nor the Chairman and Directors. That being said I do remember Jim getting very prickly last time around when one barbed comment did get through !

Relative trivia about beer prices and queues in the bars always seem to come to the fore all too easily. As you know we used to have a Group which met with Ella, Chris W, Brian F and others to raise such matters but the current CEO presumably thought it not worthwhile.

As I remember the next forum is at the end of October - it would be nice to know, one way or the other !

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 15:56
Quote:
SaintsMan87
Iím not a big fan of this. The opinion the new DORís gonna get is beers too much and that some of the attendees are a better coach than him.

But but I thought most people on this site know far more about running a premier rugby club
Isnít that why we are here
Frustrated coaches simply waiting in the wings for that call !!

Saint Ted
Saint Ted (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 16:09
Quote:
Mobbs
I have some sympathy with your point of view Tedge. People seem reluctant to stand up and ask the really difficult questions of either the Coach nor the Chairman and Directors. That being said I do remember Jim getting very prickly last time around when one barbed comment did get through !
Relative trivia about beer prices and queues in the bars always seem to come to the fore all too easily. As you know we used to have a Group which met with Ella, Chris W, Brian F and others to raise such matters but the current CEO presumably thought it not worthwhile.

As I remember the next forum is at the end of October - it would be nice to know, one way or the other !

It wasnít the comment as such, he got prickly when my lack of ability to hide what Iím thinking came through with a raised eyebrow when he disagreed with me about the players not showing as much passion on the pitch as they used to, I need to take that one on the chin, I didnít intend to wind him up!

tboullem
08 October, 2018 16:58
I thought your comment was spot on ! Jim confused a win over a dire Tigers side with the abject first half at Twickenham when we conceded, what was it, seven tries.......

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 16:58
If the opportunity arose would it not be reasonable to ask Chris Boyd something along the lines of:

"What is your plan to TRY to restore Saints to a side challenging for honours" and a follow up question if he outlines his plan: "Are you at where you expected to be at this stage of your contract" ?

twsaint
twsaint (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 17:53
The guy is two months into the job. Give him a break.

Dragonboy
Dragonboy (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 18:23
Here here.

Saintalex
Saintalex (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 19:01
He has inherited a squad that has been way under par for 3 seasons. He has managed to get a few in, but they are all just after big season In Australia and need to find there feet. I think he is the right man, but itís going to take time, give him it

tboullem
08 October, 2018 19:16
Bit of thread creep.............!

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 19:39
He needs an enormous amount of time : it's a 3 year project at least and if he get's us back up to top 4 in 3 to 4 years, I think he will have done a super job.

tedge
tedge (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 20:12
Asking a leading question isn't criticism. Why wouldn't he want to explain his plans - I'd love to hear them ? That doesn't mean referring to individual players, either already here or sort after, but just an insight to his rugby thought processes and what in general he thinks is needed here in the long term.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 09:19
i would have 1 question.. the appointment of a scrum coach has gone some way to recognising that we need to focus on this weakness in our game. on the face of it this has not yet reaped any benefit and we are still struggling at scrum time. is this a technical weakness that the coach will resolve over a period of time or do we need to strengthen personnel in this area, or both

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
16 October, 2018 22:24
Got my ticket for this today via email. Anyone else...?

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Lloydie
Lloydie (IP Logged)
17 October, 2018 15:37
Got mine too

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net