tedge
Teimana Disappointed
tedge (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 09:28

HerbieSaint
Re: Teimana Disappointed
HerbieSaint (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 09:49
I think he's right - we're right in all of these games we're losing and we're not getting thumped like we did last season, but mistakes are really letting us down.

Also good to see T saying what we all think about his preferred position - he's doing a good job at 8 but it's not his natural spot. I'd hope big time we're going to reinforce at 8 next season.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 11:05
Quote:
HerbieSaint
I think he's right - we're right in all of these games we're losing and we're not getting thumped like we did last season, but mistakes are really letting us down.
Also good to see T saying what we all think about his preferred position - he's doing a good job at 8 but it's not his natural spot. I'd hope big time we're going to reinforce at 8 next season.

I thought he did really at the back of a retreating scrum on Saturday. Not easy under pressure in those conditions

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 13:22
I think T will always give his best at whatever position he is picked to play; but he is a 7.
I believe if he had kept to 7 he would be there or there abouts with England now.

MESSAGES->author
SaintMaul (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 13:44
I've posted comparison stats on previous threads about the small size of our pack. It's a collective point rather than a criticism of any individual player.

Teimana is one of the first names on the team sheet for me. Just not at 8 IMHO if we want a dominant pack. Good on him for being honest that he agrees to a degree about size.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 15:54
There’s nothing theee which you could disagree with. I’d like to see Eadie start at 8 with T at 7 at some point.

Stingray66
Stingray66 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 16:07
Quote:
andysaint
There’s nothing theee which you could disagree with. I’d like to see Eadie start at 8 with T at 7 at some point.

Agree 100% Andy. Eadie may not be a Picamoles or a Manoa but at least he's an 8 whereas T is, by his own opinion, a 7.

MESSAGES->author
SaintMaul (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 16:33
Eadie is no bigger than Teimana. Personally I'd say Teimana is our best 8 but we need to recruit a proper 8 for next season with Teimana moving to flanker and covering at 8 where the new 8 is injured or rested.

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 16:40
Quote:
andysaint

Already seen it. It went quite well as I recall too!

[www.espn.co.uk]

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

ramseysaint
ramseysaint (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 16:58
Last year Sarries signed Blair Cowan and tigers got Dave Denton, I'm sure we could have got either one cheaply enough. They may not be world class but both have played 8 at international level.

Nath-coys
Nath-coys (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 17:07
I think next season we will see move too 7 and compete with Ludlam for it and hopefully a bulkier number 8 come in.

I don't think we even need a star name there.
Maybe someone like Ben Morgan?

Eif Jones
Eif Jones (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 19:12
Stingray. I hear Manoa is likely to take part in his first game for Cardiff this weekend. Apparently, one of the reasons for the delay is his lack of visa, seems strange when he spent some years here at Saints presumably with a visa. It must be connected to St Theresa's tougher policies.

MESSAGES->author
St Jerome (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 19:21
Eif the responsible body is the Welsh Rugby Union, the club can be a sponsor if the player has played

"A player must have played in at least three World Rugby ranking international test matches (15-a-side), during the 24 months immediately prior to the date of application for one of the following World Rugby High Performance Tier 2 countries:

Tier 2 countries: Canada; Fiji; Georgia, Japan; Namibia, Romania; Samoa; Tonga; United States of America, Uruguay"

How much has he been playing in the last 2 years for USA.

Anyhow it is the Welsh RFU that needs to find the required visa requirements - always the same.

Corkst
Corkst (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 19:44
Quote:
Eif Jones
Stingray. I hear Manoa is likely to take part in his first game for Cardiff this weekend. Apparently, one of the reasons for the delay is his lack of visa, seems strange when he spent some years here at Saints presumably with a visa. It must be connected to St Theresa's tougher policies.

Yes, it's an English Tory conspiracy.
Visas are not for life.

MESSAGES->author
Stockers (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 12:34
I blame Offa and his Dyke.

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 12:38
Tut tut Stockers. I believe the appropriate term is lesbian.

Dragonboy
Dragonboy (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 13:41
Quote:
BrianB
Tut tut Stockers. I believe the appropriate term is lesbian.
i never knew Offa was a lesbian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2018 13:42 by Dragonboy.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 17:26
Quote:
ramseysaint
Last year Sarries signed Blair Cowan and tigers got Dave Denton, I'm sure we could have got either one cheaply enough. They may not be world class but both have played 8 at international level.

Neither are a solution at 8. Denton is doing quite well at Tigers at 7.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net