BrianB
Academy changes
BrianB (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 09:01

Waggydog
Re: Academy changes
Waggydog (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 10:13
That all sounds very positive and is good to hear.

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 10:31
Great, the best teams develop the best players. You never know who will make it to the top but the more lads you look at the better chance you have.

MESSAGES->author
Stockers (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 13:31
Good to see several of the senior squad helping the Academy too. And a sports psychologist as well....

SaintsAsh
SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 15:06
Great news, we need to build a team around the academy. It needs to be priority for teams like us. look at chiefs, they have a backbone of academy players with a few top signings to fill the gaps.

Deesaint
Deesaint (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 16:04
Excellent news that investment is being applied to the academy. Long overdue.
If you want high quality players that can transition from the academy to the top league there has to be investment.
A Business wouldn't employ apprentices then hand them to an unproven young tutor with no experience or track record.
Surprised it's taken so long.

Lamont4Saints
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 17:07
I miss Clarke at 13, very underrated player.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 18:24
Whilst we can acknowledge that the academy was under used in the first team, I do wonder what Dusty Hare was precisely doing with it during his tenure.

Brackleysaint
Brackleysaint (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 18:36
Quote:
andysaint
Whilst we can acknowledge that the academy was under used in the first team, I do wonder what Dusty Hare was precisely doing with it during his tenure.

Perhaps he was a 'Tigers plant' put in to disrupt the system*

shiversaint
shiversaint (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 21:32
Quote:
andysaint

Given he was primarily involved in recruitment, I'm not sure there is a relevant answer to this question?

Wasn't Hare cited as finding the likes of Manoa?

Brackleysaint
Brackleysaint (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 07:04
Initially responsible for player recruitment and devolopment, what his position evolved to not sure.

Christoff
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 08:46
Clarkey, you couldn't do us a stint playing in the first XV again could you? Seriously though this is really good in my view.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net