Re: Nathan Hughes mystery
Dave Jackson (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 09:25
Eddie Jones probably rang up to ask them nicely not to ban him

17 stone bull
Bustabloodvessel (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 09:58
Perhaps he threw his toys out of the pram and they are not happy.

"I HAVE A BIG ONE".

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 10:01
There's a suggestion he ate too many biscuits.

SaintsDuncan
SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 11:15
Wasps couldn't field a full compliment of lawyers

17 stone bull
Bustabloodvessel (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 11:34
Sky sports are saying he decided to tweet half way through that he thought RFU are a joke. I think now RFU May have the last laugh at his arrogance.

"I HAVE A BIG ONE".

TringSaint
TringSaint (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 12:32
Ha! What a muppet!!
Deserves a big ban just for showing no respect ( one of the cornerstones of the game, no less!!)

Not a fan of his, so happy to see him taken to the cleaners and put on community duty teaching minis the importance of respect!!

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 12:37
If the above is true then yes, a big ban please. Respect for ALL officials is important. I want to see proof first though.

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 12:43
Guess i should have looked first .... In the Indi

They will probably make an example of him.

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 12:54
BrianB and SaintsDuncan
That's what I read this forum for : very funny indeed chaps ... good work !!!

MESSAGES->author
Stockers (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 13:26
Quote:
SaintsDuncan
Wasps couldn't field a full compliment of lawyers

Very good!

Lamont4Saints
Lamont4Saints (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 17:05
While heís off he should have a read on th ruck and maul laws. Heís not an international standard player at all.

Hymenoptera
Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 17:47
Quote:
Lamont4Saints
While heís off he should have a read on th ruck and maul laws. Heís not an international standard player at all.

He can borrow it once Brussow is done with it.

Who's your next in line English 8 after BV then?

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 17:50
Makes a change from the usual reduction on a ban because of a player's good conduct during the hearing.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 18:23
Hopefully Eddie is now able to give Sam Simmonds another look for the 8 spot. Not convinced by Hughes for England

SaintsDuncan
SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 18:25
Quote:
andysaint
Hopefully Eddie is now able to give Sam Simmonds another look for the 8 spot. Not convinced by Hughes for England

Broken isn't he?

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 18:26
Quote:
SaintsDuncan
Quote:
andysaint

Broken isn't he?

Is he? Iím not up to date

SaintsDuncan
SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 18:38
In the Indie article linked above by duckonstilts it says:

His absence would leave England reliant on Billy Vunipola as their only recognised number eight after Exeter's Sam Simmonds was ruled out for at least six months by a knee injury.

andysaint
andysaint (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 18:48
Quote:
SaintsDuncan
In the Indie article linked above by duckonstilts it says:
His absence would leave England reliant on Billy Vunipola as their only recognised number eight after Exeter's Sam Simmonds was ruled out for at least six months by a knee injury.

Thanks for that. Such a shame, Iím a big fan of Samís.

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 20:03
Ben Morgan's always looked decent enough in an England shirt but never really convinced me in his club performances against Saints. (Which is the opposite of how I'd describe Hughes, actually - looks great for Wasps but hasn't ever impressed me for England.)

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Dragonboy
Dragonboy (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 21:02
Quote:
Matthew
Ben Morgan's always looked decent enough in an England shirt but never really convinced me in his club performances against Saints. (Which is the opposite of how I'd describe Hughes, actually - looks great for Wasps but hasn't ever impressed me for England.)
Totally agree about Ben Morgan. A real quality 8 for Scarlets and in his early England caps but for me has never shone for Gloucester and has rather sunk back into the ranks of ordinary club players.

Hymenoptera
Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 23:10
Simmons did nothing when he wore the white jersey, so who does that leave?

MESSAGES->author
SaintMaul (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 23:32
Zack Mercer probably. But first caps against South Africa and New Zealand is a big ask, even off the bench.

I haven't seen Jack Clifford playing for Quins so I'm assuming he's injured?

fleetg
fleetg (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 23:39
James Haskell ? Some people sem to think he is the answer at 8 bizarrely !!!!

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 07:10
This will be interesting.. Hughes should be judged on the matter in hand I.e. the foul play. The tweet served nothing more than showing frustration to what is an outdated and ridiculously overbearing process. If found guilty he will be banned and the only sanction the tweet should receive is reducing any mitigation and reduction of ban they normally handout for conduct at hearing. I suspect he will be hung out to dry by the holier than thou disciplinary panel. If so it could rumble on and on as am sure Hughes will appeal any additional sanction.

Christoff
smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 08:43
Couldn't care less. IMI he's rubbish when he plays for England.

MESSAGES->author
SaintMaul (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 12:16
Faf de Klerk driving Hughes back despite a 5 stone weight difference was a low light from the summer Tests.

Hughes seems to be a slow learner. His body positioning is often awful and upright but his natural strength means he usually gets away with it at club level but frequently gets exposed at Test level. Some tailored coaching on this one point would make him far more effective at international level.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2018 12:19 by SaintMaul.

MESSAGES->author
12 October, 2018 15:01
Quote:
SaintMaul
Faf de Klerk driving Hughes back despite a 5 stone weight difference was a low light from the summer Tests.
Hughes seems to be a slow learner. His body positioning is often awful and upright but his natural strength means he usually gets away with it at club level but frequently gets exposed at Test level. Some tailored coaching on this one point would make him far more effective at international level.

In Nathan's defence I'd say that he'd only just come back from injury before being thrust back into England duty, filling in for injured Billy V. This was following being called into England duty for 6 Nations, having just come back from injury in autumn.

Faf pushing back Nathan is pretty embarrassing, but I'd question why Eddie thought throwing someone into first team with a few games of match fitness was a clever thing.

Granted I would say that being a Wasps fan smiling smiley

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

shiversaint
shiversaint (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 15:31
Quote:
Walks11
This will be interesting.. Hughes should be judged on the matter in hand I.e. the foul play. The tweet served nothing more than showing frustration to what is an outdated and ridiculously overbearing process. If found guilty he will be banned and the only sanction the tweet should receive is reducing any mitigation and reduction of ban they normally handout for conduct at hearing. I suspect he will be hung out to dry by the holier than thou disciplinary panel. If so it could rumble on and on as am sure Hughes will appeal any additional sanction.

Disagree. Hearing conduct has been a factor in the decision making since basically day one - if the judicial panels are happy to reduce someone's ban for good conduct at a hearing, then equally they should be prepared to increase it (or not decrease it as they normally would). It would be immensely unfair to all the players prior to him who have been rewarded for good conduct when they may have wanted to behave differently but feared reprimand.

Trog
Dave Jackson (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 15:38
Would Jones consider T at 8 for England as a stop gap

Hymenoptera
Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 15:54
hilarious one

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 17:01
No doubt Launchberry injured is a better bet than Tei at 8 for England. (Thats what Loz told me anyway!).

MESSAGES->author
SaintMaul (IP Logged)
13 October, 2018 08:56
Quote:
DrHankPym(superhero)
Quote:
SaintMaul

In Nathan's defence I'd say that he'd only just come back from injury before being thrust back into England duty, filling in for injured Billy V. This was following being called into England duty for 6 Nations, having just come back from injury in autumn.

Faf pushing back Nathan is pretty embarrassing, but I'd question why Eddie thought throwing someone into first team with a few games of match fitness was a clever thing.

Granted I would say that being a Wasps fan smiling smiley

Fair point. Nathan was rushed back and not match fit.

But his body positioning can be poor. He was going into contact upright in the Wasps game v Gloucester.

I look at Exeter and they clearly get well coached and drilled on body positioning with the likes of Armond, Simmonds, Nowell all punching above their weight because of great body angles going into contact combined with strong leg driving. They are the best tean at driving over from short range. Not exciting by highly effective and very well coached.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2018 08:59 by SaintMaul.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net