tedge
Injury Update
tedge (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 18:02

andysaint
Re: Injury Update
andysaint (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 18:30
Chronic long term injury is really not something you want to hear about a new signing in Haskell

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 19:35
I'd assume we were aware of the long standing problem when Haskell was brought to the club. Which raises one or two questions about the decision to bring him in.

Sadly not getting much game time out of Haskell or Heinz so far. I'm sure they are desperate to be involved and it must be frustrating. However, it gives Lewis Ludlam chances to play which is great, I just hope we don't get exposed with more injuries.

Really feel for James Craig.

And delighted to see Paul Hill back in the mix.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2018 19:37 by ElySaint.

grampian
grampian (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 21:40
As I have said earlier, elsewhere on this board, Haskell is and will be a waste of money. I resent paying the wages of an over the hill player which he is. Still, it's nice to see him busy getting a bit of extra income (and a chance to get onto a rugby pitch) as a 'broadcaster'.

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 23:45
We are aware that he is being paid less than the going rate?

Broussow concussion? A different matter.

Nath-coys
Nath-coys (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 04:21
I'm really really sorry.

And I know everything is opinion based and what not.

But who are we to 'resent' another guy getting paid?
Whatever those wages may be, whether you think they are too high, not justified or whatever.
We are all just bloody humans when it comes down too it.
These guys live there life in the public eye, and get vastly more criticism and abuse than I'd say a good 90% of jobs.

Does it justify the amount they get paid, I don't know that is a different debate.

But when have we become so entitled too judge what another man or woman gets paid for doing what they do.
Just let people get on with their lives and get on with our own.

By all accounts he is supposed to be awesome around training for the young guys and for building the team environment and spirit.

Rant over.

MESSAGES->author
lilyg (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 07:15
+1 Nath

rugbymel
rugbymel (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 07:28
+2 (Sm115)

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 08:25
+3

he isnít deliberately injured, and as Boyd points out signing him and Franks is to create a professional environment and work ethic as much as anything

Iím horizontally relaxed if no senior players play in the Premiership Rugby Cup

letís seewho is available come the league games...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2018 08:25 by Wilson Pickett.

LeicesterSaint
LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 09:30
As always depends on the wages - if the likes of Haskell, Franks and even Brussow don't play much but bring a huge amount in terms of ethos and experience to the younger guys who get the gametime then that's ideal as far as I'm concerned unless they're on huge money.

I definitely don't resent any of them, its a pro game and each player needs to do what's best for them, towards the end of the career you need to make whatever money you can while looking ahead a little and as long as that doesn't detract from on-field then fine.

grampian
grampian (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 16:22
Perhaps this comes over as a bit too personal re JH. My feeling is that the Saints' management have been dazzled by his past achievements. I regard his appointment as a bit of a gimmick.
Wasps let him go. Fact. They knew which way the wind was blowing. And as for an England swan song (the purpose of him coming here remember) - could the JH who played against Clermont really replace any of the young fit players at Twickenham today?
I think it might have done JH and us a favour if he possessed the necessary self-awareness to realised that it was time to retire.

In case any of you don't understand my point of view I have no problem with Harry Mallinder's long-term absence. He has proved himself as a Saintsman and has a future with the club. Ditto Sam 'Couch' Dickinson who more than repaid the club nurturing him back to game fitness. Neither comparison applies to JH.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2018 16:36 by grampian.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net