rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

MESSAGES->author
The Saints Show
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 18:48
Another interesting show with Matt Ferguson scrum coach as the guest.
He was able to tell everyone about what the Saints try to do and some of the technical points. Also said when at RFU used to coach the refs on what was happening in there.

Worth a listen to those that want to try and understand the scrum a little more.
(Sm128)

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Happywifehappylife
Re: The Saints Show
Happywifehappylife (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 18:50
Thanks Chris - did Lennie mention about falling over?

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 19:12
The others started about 5 secs in to the programme. It is apparently on Social Media, his son having put it there!(Sm125)

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 08:53
Thanks for highlighting Chris

twsaint
Re: The Saints Show,..scrummaging
twsaint (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 11:19
We should all listen to Matt Ferguson on this week's show. Very interesting. Huge insights into scrummaging , what the Saints are trying to achieve and how they go about it

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 11:31
Itís a great listen, here is the link for anyone else

[www.bbc.co.uk]

The opta stats are poppycock, our scrum is the weakest in the prem on other teams ball - letís see a penalty count number on scrums. But he is playing with the hand heís been dealt, interesting on new technique.

MESSAGES->author
higgy365 (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 12:33
So for all your talk about moneyball and mining the data, when it doesnít suit you itís ďpoppycockĒ? Ha.

Was interesting to hear him talk there. Clearly is a coherent strategy bedding in.

PembsSaint
PembsSaint (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 17:14
As the bloke who was always languishing our on the wing I found Matís insights really informative (and surprisingly interesting!). I was also left feeling a bit more positive regarding our current scrum situation

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net