rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Once in a while
Lol's Funeral this Friday
Chris Brewer (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 08:10
Good Morning Folks,

As some of you will be aware it is our chance to say goodbye to Lol this Friday.

I have been asked to say a few words for him during the service on behalf of the Saints Supporters whom he was well ingrained to all of us.

As it is on behalf of the Saints fans, I was hoping for any other funny stories or messages which people wish to make to be messaged to me so I can include them.

If anybody has anything they would like to contribute, please can you reply to this thread.

Thank you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2018 08:33 by Saint Ted.

tboullem
Re: Lol's Funeral this Friday
Houghton Saint (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 08:17
This was such sad news.

sainttim
Saint Tim (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 10:51
Unfortunately due to work commitments I cannot make this.

MESSAGES->author
Neil-H (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 11:33
Sorry Chris I have given all my stories to Robin for his words.. but doubt he has time to use them all smiling smiley

I will hopefully see some of you there for 'Martins Day' to celebrate his life and have a guinness or 5 afterwards sharing stories of a top man and a great friend

MESSAGES->author
OldPete (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 19:02
Very sad news - I will remember many chats with Lol at half time. Sadly I cant make it for the funeral due to my own incapacity but others might like to know where and when . can some one let everyone on this board know please.

MESSAGES->author
Neil-H (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 19:40
Quote:
OldPete
Very sad news - I will remember many chats with Lol at half time. Sadly I cant make it for the funeral due to my own incapacity but others might like to know where and when . can some one let everyone on this board know please.

As requested

“Martin "Lol" Hayward

Lol's funeral, will take place on Friday the 7th December at 11.00am at the Parish Church of the Holy Cross, Milton Malsor, Northampton. NN7 3AJ.

There will then be a private service at the Counties Crematorium Milton Malsor at 12.30.

This will be followed by a Wake at the Thomas 'A' Becket pub in St James, Northampton. NN5 5HY. If you are not going to the crematorium then please head straight there after the Church.

Dress standard is rugby shirts, re-enactment costume or traditional suit and tie.

None of us want to think of this as a funeral so I have been asked if we can all refer to this as;

“MARTIN'S DAY”.

Lol requested no flowers but rather he wanted donations to McMillan and Cynthia Spencer Hospice. (Details to follow)

If you would like to join everybody in celebrating Martin's Day then it would be helpful if you could just drop a comment here so we can get an idea of numbers.

Thanks on behalf of his brother Andrew, and his sisters Kate and Jacque.”

If anyone wants links to donations, please let me know?

Lol was my mate for 34 years since I was 15, we are both partly to blame for us being Saints fans, But he is the reason I remained one, I one of us that got him into Saints, he dragged me in for good even if from afar smiling smiley

I’d love to meet some more of you, even if on such a sad day and raise a glass to Lol... I am a Pall Bearer, so u should spot me, or ask Gary for an introduction and we can raise that glass.

Thanks all x

MESSAGES->author
Neil-H (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 20:03
Btw Lol was along time lurker on this site for many a year smiling smiley

Stopsy
Stopsy (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 20:24
My heartfelt sympathies to all, oh to be so dearly remembered when our time comes.

MESSAGES->author
Neil-H (IP Logged)
07 December, 2018 23:10
For everyone that came along today, from his family and none Saints fan, we thanks you.

Chris and David did Lol more than proud with their words on your behalf at the service.

Thank you x

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net