rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Hakuna Tuala
Rumour..
Hakuna Tuala (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 11:14
Big Jim Hamilton on The Rugby Pod podcast has linked us to talking with Kyle Sinckler...

if this is true that would be a huge signing!

Duckonstilts
Re: Rumour..
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 11:36
Quote:
Hakuna Tuala
Big Jim Hamilton on The Rugby Pod podcast has linked us to talking with Kyle Sinckler...
if this is true that would be a huge signing!

It would be a big signing. One i would support. We need better props. Our young props may well be good enough in time but they would be best served playing with and challenging internationals.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 11:45
any prop signing would be welcomed IMO,the group needs to be refreshed.

ElySaint
ElySaint (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 11:49
Would improve our stable of props.

Probably best Mr Paterson is no longer with us, didn't he get a ban for contact with Michael's eye?

St.Sinner
St.Sinner (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 12:05
That would be a quality signing, whatís the likelihood of him wanting to leave Quins though, for a team arguably no better, and also one year into a new coaching set up? Unless he doesnít like the coaches there now..

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 12:26
Itís interesting that Boyd always talks about the all round game that a prop needs and not just scrummaging. Sinckler definitely fits that mould.

MESSAGES->author
SaintMaul (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 13:37
I remember reading Sinckler has the best weights stats at Quins ie he can bench press more than any Quins player.

Ideal build for a tighthead. Squat but hugely powerful.

I'd love it but I can't see him leaving Quins for us.

HungryLikeTheWolf
10 January, 2019 13:58
Quote:
SaintMaul
I remember reading Sinckler has the best weights stats at Quins ie he can bench press more than any Quins player.
Ideal build for a tighthead. Squat but hugely powerful.

I'd love it but I can't see him leaving Quins for us.

Useful financial summaries

[www.google.co.uk]

Hymenoptera
Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 14:13
Someone to challenge Waller for the highest season penalty count

HungryLikeTheWolf
10 January, 2019 15:46
He seemed to do ok when playing against the All Blacks for the Lions

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 16:08
If it happens, surely one of Hill, JFR or Franks will be leaving. Unless Franks has a crack at LH, in which case Van Wyks days could be numbered

MESSAGES->author
Abington Adam (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 16:09
I think he's great - powerful, skilful and aggressive. It would be an amazing coup to land him but it's not obvious why he would leave Quins for us even if they are under slightly more financial pressure than we are.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!
Church's Stand season ticket holder
EMRU Referee

195Rich
195Rich (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 16:27
Would be a brilliant signing if we could pull it off. I'm sure it was him I heard described as a coaches dream because he soaks up information. Might give Mr Ferguson a chance to prove himself as a top scrummage coach.

HungryLikeTheWolf
10 January, 2019 16:48
Quote:
Abington Adam
I think he's great - powerful, skilful and aggressive. It would be an amazing coup to land him but it's not obvious why he would leave Quins for us even if they are under slightly more financial pressure than we are.

Letís assume he signed a 3 year deal which ends this year. 3 years ago he was 22 and had only just linked up with the England squad in May 2016, he then was only capped for the first time in November 2016 for 10 mins

Since then he is an England regular and British Lion

I would expect his current salary to be significantly less (half or less) than his prospective new salary. Quins haemorrhaging cash and maybe decide resources best spent elsewhere because they can get by with an Ďokí front row

We however are in urgent need to bolster our front row resources

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 17:13
We will be (as always) Linked with most players out of contract and especially in a position we are weak in.
If he were to move then it would be to an English club so he can keep playing for the National Team. Of those 11 other teams he would want to avoid Tigers for example who have Dan Cole. Chances of meaningful game time are much tighter. Clubs like Exeter and Saracens although attractive seem well stocked right now so unless there is movement there they might not be in the market. You wouldnt want to be looking at clubs who have spent a LOT of time in the bottom 3 places as the constant risk of relegation is a tough sell. Your left with Sale, Saints and Wasps ...

None of the above however takes into account his personal preference. If he is happy at Quins and he can squeeze a bit more cash out of them he will stay.

Dragonboy
Dragonboy (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 17:31
Well Sale have just announced signing Jake Cooper Woolley and have previously announced a Russian or Eastern European prop. Not sure if 1 or 3 so potentially Wasps have a need of him but if all the chatter is to believed others are on the way out from Wasps which may sound alarm bells. Daly Hughes both of whose numbers are Iím sure in Kyleís phone. Whilst we have a need, and Kyle fits our profile. Mobile English and Iíd assume a current international we do have a rather full cupboard of 3ís so I would suggest that at least one would need to be shed this year if not more. I also watched the U18ís highlights this week and we seem to have a fairly hefty 3 coming through and our 8 wasnít half bad either.

SaintsDuncan
SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 19:19
Needs to keep the fire in his heart, but seriously increase the ice in his mind

MESSAGES->author
Connorman (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 19:25
Quote:
Dragonboy
. I also watched the U18ís highlights this week and we seem to have a fairly hefty 3 coming through and our 8 wasnít half bad either.

3 = Jack Hughes - Uppingham. Capped U18

8 = Manny Iyogun - not the biggest but good engine

Dragonboy
Dragonboy (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 19:42
[quote Connorman][quote Dragonboy]. I also watched the U18ís highlights this week and we seem to have a fairly hefty 3 coming through and our 8 wasnít half bad either.[/quote]

3 = Jack Hughes - Uppingham. Capped U18

8 = Manny Iyogun - not the biggest but good engine[/quote

Thanks Connorman

Nath-coys
Nath-coys (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 20:01
Jack Hughes is the young lad that didnít start playing till he went too Uppingham.
And he has made it very in too England U18ís.

Manny looked pretty well built? If not the tallest.

Dragonboy
Dragonboy (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 20:15
[quote Nath-coys]Jack Hughes is the young lad that didnít start playing till he went too Uppingham.
And he has made it very in too England U18ís.

Manny looked pretty well built? If not the tallest.[/quote

As Connorman said. A pretty good engine off of the base of the scrum.

MESSAGES->author
Connorman (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 20:22
Both playing Saturday at Shelford v Newcastle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 20:22 by Connorman.

MESSAGES->author
higgy365 (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 21:36
Bang on, SaintsDuncan. For all the good stuff he brings, the guys still a penalty magnet. Iron that out of his game and happy days.

Somehow I just donít see him coming here though.

MESSAGES->author
Neil-H (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 22:12
My Quins friend reckos he still under contract?

Havenít both Van Wlyk and JFR both been with us for 2 seasons now? Be surprised if they had 3 year contracts? Was it ever announced?

Iíd love Snickler but canít see it myself

Cuddlez
Cuddlez (IP Logged)
12 January, 2019 18:03
If VW & JFR are out of contract at the end of this season .
Bring in another marquee signing at tight head using both VW &JFR wages and then move BF to loosehead ??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net