rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

TimperleySaint
O/T - Twickenham
TimperleySaint (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 13:34
Hi all - got tickets for the England Scotland match. 3 dads and 3 kids (5, 6 & 8). First time at an England game - hopefully should be a good one.

Anyway we're planning on driving down and just wondered if anyone knew of good places to park. I have family in Hounslow which is 40 minute walk. I don't mind the walk but wondered if there were better options.

Obviously like everyone else we don't want to snarled up in traffic...

MESSAGES->author
Re: O/T - Twickenham
Abington Adam (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 13:44
It's been a few years since I've been down to Twickers by car, but in the past we've managed to park on side roads off the A305 not far from the Bloomsbury pub. We got there a few hours before kick off and probably had a 25 minute walk?

COME ON YOU SAINTS!
Church's Stand season ticket holder
EMRU Referee

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 14:15
I would park at your families place and maybe think about a bus! Parking is very difficult unless you have booked a carpark. Not to mention the traffic queues and 87000 being getting out.(Sm128)

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Aylesbury Saint
Aylesbury Saint (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 14:17
Timperley if you are happy to get there a little earlier there is free parking on the roads around a pub called the Royal Oak (Fullers Pub) to the north of the ground. It is about a 15 minute walk along an alley that runs through the middle of the sewerage works. The Royal Oak is a good rugby pub, but still kid friendly, for a few beers.

ramseysaint
ramseysaint (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 14:57
I'll be at that match as well, I drive there every time but luckily get free disabled parking in Tesco. Traffic is always a nightmare no matter which way you go, so make sure you have plenty to keep the kids occupied. I would say the easiest option is to park at your relatives, especially for getting home. Post match traffic management can mean a 2 hour traffic jam just to get on the M25. So a 40 minutes walk back to Hounslow would probably get you home quicker.
It's going to be a busy weekend with the U20's on the Friday, main match Saturday, then our cup final on the Sunday.

TimperleySaint
TimperleySaint (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 15:33
Cheers everyone - thanks for the suggestions. Much appreciated.

Happywifehappylife
Happywifehappylife (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 16:10
I don't drive down there anymore, but when I did you could always find free parking outside the show business retirement home, Brinsworth House in Staines Road - it was literally a 15 minute walk to the stadium

Don't know if you can still do that, but you could always get a place

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net