rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

twsaint
Rory Hutchinson
twsaint (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 11:06
What a performance from Rory Hutchinson yesterday. The clean breaks caught the eye but he has the full range of skills and his intelligence shines through. He is aware of where his support is, can pass off both hands at pace, tackles well and has a good kicking game including goal kicking. He has the ability to play both centre positions and has experience at fly half. He's suffered from injury but he's really flying now.We need to get him signed up for the future.

Tom Stephenson's decision to leave last year appeared to be a significant loss but it's created chances for Hutchinson and Dingwall and we can all see the benefits of that.

St Marcus
Re: Rory Hutchinson
St Marcus (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 12:18
Good post, fully agree. A well rounded player and has great potential. I'd forgotten that he really is pretty quick too!

Saintfanharry
Saintfanh (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 12:35
Couldn't agree more I thought it was exceptional performance yesterday from both Hutchinson and Furbank. both have the ability to step into 10 and add pace and momentum which brings variety alongside Grayson or Biggar.

The question for me for this season is how do Dingwall and Hutchinson best fit together with and without Francis? Can Hutchinson be established as a high class inside centre to compete with Francis/play there when Francis gets international call ups, leaving Dingwall to claim the outside centre shirt and then compete with Proctor next season. Or is Hutch best at outside centre? I'd say Mallinder could be another option at 12 but I think his shoulder is a real issue when he's played there recently.

It's an incredible position to have so many talented young players and both a tribute to and great test of the new coaches for the next few seasons.

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 13:10
A very impressive showing from Hutchinson yesterday. Seeing what Jim was raving about ahead of the start of the 2017/18 season. 'The real deal' were his words, I think.

One thing I particularly liked was when Hutchinson could easily have scored one of our early tries himself in the corner, he passed back inside to Furbank (?) to allow for the try to be scored nearer to the posts. Which was then converted in strong wind. Top two inches and all that....

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

JohnI
JohnI (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 14:24
I think you also have to remember that the better he gets for us the more chance there is if his getting picked for full Scottish honours in their team so come international time we could lose him as well as Francis.

Awaywin
Awaywin (IP Logged)
13 February, 2019 14:33
Great to see Rory pushing for a place on the first team. A really under rated goal kicker too. Can anyone advise on whether he is best suited to 12 or 13? I believe this will be the most interesting battle for the coaching staff to work out the best combinations of Francis (12), Burrell (12/13), Dingwall (13), Hutchinson (13) and Tuitivake (13) not to mention the injured Symons.

Happywifehappylife
Happywifehappylife (IP Logged)
13 February, 2019 16:28
He's on the Saints Show on BBC Radio Northampton tonight

Happywifehappylife
Happywifehappylife (IP Logged)
13 February, 2019 16:28
He's on the Saints Show on BBC Radio Northampton tonight

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net