rugbyunion
Latest News:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

tboullem
Houghton Saint (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 11:32
Bearing in mind the declared attendances for our pool games against Bristol and Tiggers were 12172 and 13903 respectively, the official attendance for the semi-final was pretty poor. Yes, it was short notice, no it was never going to be in the season ticket but prices were reduced and we had a crazy afternoon in the sunshine with fourteen tries scored so as others have suggested 'were you not entertained'. England after all were not playing on the same day.

Hopefully we will do better for the final......

Saintly Pursuit
Re: 5,994........
Saintly Pursuit (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 12:00
1 week notice and a crazy KO time we always going to hit the attendance. Anyone with kids will probably have kid's stuff to do (swmmning, dance class etc) on a Saturday morning so no matter how determined would probably never ben able to attend.

I would hope that we will be able to get a sell out crowd for the final.

Lloydie
Lloydie (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 12:43
Like many Iíd made plans for a free weekend with Bedford Blues v. London Irish Tickets. The Friday nigh semi had the same issues with additional traffic issues to counter. Watched Saints on tv a bonus

JohnI
JohnI (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 14:02
Tickets for the internationals on sale a lot longer than for a game that we may not have played at all so probably a lot of people not available as a result.

Longer period until the semi and more than likely a far bigger crowd

MESSAGES->author
higgy365 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 14:14
Exactly, JohnI- more notice and itís a final. Crowd should be much bigger, especially if the clubs cute re pricing. I note from elsewhere ĎSarries On Tourí have booked out the Becket marquee so there may even be over a dozen of them.

Time to make home advantage count though weíll need more than that alone to carry the day.

JohnI
JohnI (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 14:27
Presuming that ST holders will get the opportunity to reserve their seats before them going on general sale which if all the ST holders take them up should get a large enough crowd for a final

ramseysaint
ramseysaint (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 15:31
Busy weekend Friday night U20'S, Saturday Twickenham, Sunday the final. No doubt Monday will be vallium and painkiller day

LadySaint77
LadySaint77 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 17:55
Match report on Saints website says tickets go on sale this Thurs at 9am. I'd hope STHs will get priority chance to book again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2019 17:57 by LadySaint77.

tboullem
Houghton Saint (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 19:08
With over a month to go before the game, there should plenty of time for season ticket holders to claim their places plus any extras before they go on general sale.

Scrummy
Scrummy (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 20:19
5994 seems more than I thoughts as I looked around The Gardens. It could have been worse.

Sans Culottes
Sans Culottes (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 07:47
Quote:
Scrummy
5994 seems more than I thoughts as I looked around The Gardens. It could have been worse.

A more "real" number than usual as well, as absent season ticket holders would not have been included unlike normally.

Walks11
Walks11 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 09:27
Quote:
Sans Culottes
Quote:
Scrummy

A more "real" number than usual as well, as absent season ticket holders would not have been included unlike normally.

still on ticket sales I suspect. not part of season ticket package so actual game sales, but would still have included those that bought and didn't show. You would think with the scanner turnstile system it wouldn't be too difficult to determine how many actually came through the turnstiles

MESSAGES->author
Abington Adam (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 10:26
Nearly 6,000 isn't that bad given the miniscule window for sales, the lunchtime kick off, the lack of away support and the competition concerned. If the club do a proper job of marketing the final then I'm sure we'll double that gate, if not sell out Franklin's Gardens.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!
Church's Stand season ticket holder
EMRU Referee

Dumpling
11 February, 2019 10:41
Quote:
Walks11
Quote:
Sans Culottes
Quote:
Scrummy

still on ticket sales I suspect. not part of season ticket package so actual game sales, but would still have included those that bought and didn't show. You would think with the scanner turnstile system it wouldn't be too difficult to determine how many actually came through the turnstiles

I suspect that there is a difference between the club knowing exactly how many pass through the turnstiles and which figures they choose to publish!

MarchingIn
MarchingIn (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 12:01
The final is worth £500,000 to the winner. £500k is a drop in the ocean to a club as heavily bankrolled as Saracens, but a big deal to a club that aims for financial stability like Saints.

With over half of their first choice pack away, it's a golden opportunity to put a long string of defeats to bed. The Gardens needs to be full and loud to maximise home advantage, and it's incumbent upon us all to make sure that happens. I was disappointed with the size of the crowd on Saturday, but impressed with how they got behind the team. Just needs another 9,000 of you to pull your fingers out for the 17th!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2019 12:04 by MarchingIn.

St Marcus
St Marcus (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 12:23
Quote:
MarchingIn
The final is worth £500,000 to the winner. £500k is a drop in the ocean to a club as heavily bankrolled as Saracens, but a big deal to a club that aims for financial stability like Saints.
With over half of their first choice pack away, it's a golden opportunity to put a long string of defeats to bed. The Gardens needs to be full and loud to maximise home advantage, and it's incumbent upon us all to make sure that happens. I was disappointed with the size of the crowd on Saturday, but impressed with how they got behind the team. Just needs another 9,000 of you to pull your fingers out for the 17th!

Agreed. If we can't sell out a home final it'd be pretty embarassing. I actually think we have a decent chance, we need the Gardens full and rocking on the 17th March - it does matter to the team.

MESSAGES->author
Connorman (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 12:37
I understand £500k is the total prize money for the whole competition not the winner.

NottsSaint
NottsSaint (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 12:39
January and this match have proved difficult for me to get to many (any) games...
The final is being held whilst Iím away on honeymoon, you guys will need to cheer loudly for me smiling smiley

MESSAGES->author
Matthew (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 13:13
Winning the final aside, there's around £300k of revenue to be had just from securing it at home, assuming near capacity at £20 per ticket.

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

MESSAGES->author
Connorman (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 13:47
Thatís very true, Matthew - good point!

BrianB
BrianB (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 14:41
Saints just announced on Whatsapp that tickets for season ticket holders will start from £10.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net