Latest news:

The Unofficial Northampton Saints Supporters' Message Board

Team for Friday
Discussion started by St Marcus (IP Logged), 23 April, 2019 09:47
St Marcus
St Marcus
23 April, 2019 09:47
Crucial game on Friday, where a win could see us end the weekend in fourth. Boyd's hand is certainly forced to some degree selection wise, with the long injury list. Anyone know if we are likely to see any returnees? My guess is something like this:

15 Kellaway (assuming Furbank and Tuala are injured)
14 Collins
13 Hutch
12 Francis (sounded as though his injury at Quins maybe wasn't too serious?)
11 Naiyaravoro
10 Biggar
9 Reinach

8 T
7 Wood
6 Gibson
5 Api
4 Lawes
3 Hill
2 Marshall
1 Van Wyk

16 Ma'asi
17 Waller
18 Franks
19 Coles
20 Onajaife
21 Mitchell
22 Grayson
23 Pisi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/04/2019 10:41 by St Marcus.

MESSAGES->author
Chris Hoddle
23 April, 2019 10:09
Dylan maybe in the Mix?
Chris Boyd did say after the Quins game he was hoping for a couple of the players to be back fit after injuries.

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

tedge
tedge
23 April, 2019 10:27
Would have thought that if Hartley was a possible he would have turned out for the Wanderers last Saturday.
Grayson is not usually on the bench if Francis/Furbank in the starting line up. Be handy if Moon was fit too.

twsaint
twsaint
23 April, 2019 11:01
Dylan is more likely for Worcester. Biggar was struggling against Quins. Grayson was on the bench then with Francis and Furbank playing, so he will be involved in the 23.

I think Ace just had cramp.

Eadie will be OK.Hopefully Moon will be back.
That leaves a lot of question marks. Ludlam? Then the concussions ..Furbank, Fish, Burrell, Brussow. The odds are against most , if not all, of these .

We'll know more tomorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/04/2019 12:10 by twsaint.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett
23 April, 2019 11:08
Considering Dylan has serious head injury issues, I’m not sure playing him in pointless matches for ‘match fitness’ is a good idea

Much rather starts on the bench in first XV matches, then starts

Saint Stokey
Saint Stokey
23 April, 2019 12:17
If fit, Dylan on the bench for me. We will need his closing out games leadership.

For me, id go with

15. Tuala
14. Collins
13. Hutchinson
12. Francis
11. Naiyaravoro
10. Biggar
9. Reinach

8. Harrison
7. Ludlam
6. Wood
5. Api/ Moon
4. Lawes
3. Hill
2. Marshall
1. Van Wyk

16. Hartley
17. Waller
18. Franks
19. Moon/ Api
20. Gibson
21. Mitchell
22. Grayson
23. Kellaway

Not sure if Francis is fit. If not, Hutch to 12, Kellaway to 13 then Pisi to 23.
Is there any news on Haskell? Could really do with him about now.

Walks11
Walks11
23 April, 2019 13:10
i think its safe to say Dylan will not be risked on a plastic pitch first game back from a knee injury. Chris B talked about Worcester as his return. I think Ace only went off with cramp against Quins so expect him back

given the week off and he's a young lad so recover quicker I would expect George to be back too

Furbank
Tuala
Hutch
Francis (hopefully)
Big T
Biggar
Reinach
Van Wyk
Marshall
Hill
Lawes
Moon
Ludlam
Harrison
Gibson

Sans Culottes
Sans Culottes
23 April, 2019 13:52
Kellaway had a tough game against Tiglets. Needed attention several times although he did stay on.

HungryLikeTheWolf
Wilson Pickett
23 April, 2019 14:02
If Furbank isn't fit, part of me thinks he might play Grayson at 15 anyway... (if Ace unfit)

ramseysaint
ramseysaint
23 April, 2019 16:05
Quote:
Wilson Pickett
If Furbank isn't fit, part of me thinks he might play Grayson at 15 anyway... (if Ace unfit)

He's played well at 15 on the couple of occasions he's had to fit in there.

MESSAGES->author
Saint.Kenneth
23 April, 2019 16:41
Quote:
Walks11
i think its safe to say Dylan will not be risked on a plastic pitch first game back from a knee injury. Chris B talked about Worcester as his return.

Problem with that is Worcester have a plastic pitch also.

I am a fool....... we play Worcester at FG!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/04/2019 16:43 by Saint.Kenneth.

fair_weather_fan
fair_weather_fan
23 April, 2019 17:56
Lewis' injury was reportedly a stinger so he should be fit.

One or two of the others, for example Ehren Painter, must be off the treatment table by now surely? Club keeping quiet is to keep the oppo guessing, more important when there is 2 weeks to prepare

Anyway, we have a cluster of three games and I expect a certain amount of planning to go into that to rotate what resources we have. I would expect

Falcons - strongest possible team
Warriors - slightly rotated team
Chiefs - strongest possible if game still meaningful

One or two first teamers likely to get a run out in the wanderers semi before being considered for first team action

SaintGuy
SaintGuy
23 April, 2019 19:27
I read a while back Painter and Ribbans were out for the season, with someone else who escapes my mind

protestbeat
protestbeat
24 April, 2019 14:08
I wonder if we might see big T on the bench for this one. Goneva and Sinoti need to be taken seriously. I quite like the prospect of Kellaway/Tuala/Collins. For me:

15. Tuala
14. Collins
13. Hutchinson
12. Francis
11. Kellaway
10. Biggar
9. Reinach

8. Harrison
7. Ludlam
6. Gibson
5. Api
4. Lawes
3. Hill
2. Marshall
1. Van Wyk

16. Ma'asi
17. Waller
18. Franks
19. Moon
20. Wood
21. Mitchell
22. Grayson
23. Big T

I also liked the tactic at Quins of getting Mitchell on and Cobus onto the wing, I suspect we might see that again on Friday.

Duckonstilts
Duckonstilts
24 April, 2019 14:30
Big T has been improving every game. I can see him being effective off the bench but we probably need to take the game to them and he doesn't cover any other positions. Start him or drop him for me and we are a bit short of backs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net